Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

The bino's and case are original East German military bino's. There's a serial number of them but I haven't been able to find any additional information from that [serial numbero(

If you want to find out a bit more about your bino you can ask Zeiss directly.

https://www.zeiss.com/corporate/int/about-zeiss/history/archives.html

If it is from the east german army (NVA) or the border force (Ministerium des Inneren, MdI) you could probably get the year and the month of production.There is even a still working company which gives these binos a complete overhaul.

Good used ones get prices above 300€ easily.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mak they are a savage pair of binos. Jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I have no idea how people survive having to take a London tube everyday, what a soulless form of transport.

Shopping done, 3 hours to pick up then 6 hour passenger flight back to the heat.

@Witchie..... still trying to work out in my head if you are a star or nuts :):) BTW, did the landlord pay up?

@ Witchie, the best of luck with your new. You are a brave woman, especially leaving a place you have grown to love.

I am in work sneezing. AaaaaaaaChoooooooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Your delivery will arrive before four !

Coffee time now:)

Mam, you absolute physchic legend, the package arrived at 3:50 :D

At home, thinking Mam really does know best :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hah gwan mam!

Enough cleaning done, shattered, chilling on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »

@Witchie..... still trying to work out in my head if you are a star or nuts :):) BTW, did the landlord pay up?

He did indeed. In cash in the court. :D

Am an nutfree star.
    Persepoly wrote: »
    @ Witchie, the best of luck with your new. You are a brave woman, especially leaving a place you have grown to love.

I am in work sneezing. AaaaaaaaChoooooooo!!!!

Bless you. Either brave or crazy.

In bed, just finished some of my real job and a cup of soup. Gonna brush me teeths and get back into bed and hopefully sleep. Start my new job at 10.30 tomorrow so at least its not tooooo early.

Night all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you want to find out a bit more about your bino you can ask Zeiss directly.

https://www.zeiss.com/corporate/int/about-zeiss/history/archives.html

If it is from the east german army (NVA) or the border force (Ministerium des Inneren, MdI) you could probably get the year and the month of production.There is even a still working company which gives these binos a complete overhaul.

Good used ones get prices above 300€ easily.;)
    Mak they are a savage pair of binos. Jealous!

Cheers, I'll try that link later.

I'm surprised these might be worth anything, I've had them years and they've been everywhere with me. There's not a scratch on them except the thread on the case is coming undone.

I was going to have the case repaired, we have a saddler in work who'd do it. But other than that they're like new, even the interior of the case is still bright red velvet and has a nice new smell.

Well, to the here and now.. Although I came off a 24 hour shift this morning I'd loads planned (or my daughter had loads planned for me), so just got an hour sleep & got dragged out to collect her car, back home now and milling the coffee into me and getting ready for a run (hopefully around six o'clock).

Watching Paul O'Grady 'For the love of Dogs', one of my fav shows and defo Ruby's (my staffy). Ruby loves dog shows.

If you love dogs (who doesn't) this show is beautiful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Best of luck Witchie!

Mam, I shall try to join in, but, having a look at the thread makes me feel slightly lost :o

I’m used to making a show of myself though, so I’m game :D

I’m currently on the couch waiting for delivery of my OH’s birthday present.
    It’s being delivered by fastway, so I’m doubting if it will show up at all :eek:

Watcha get him? I guess you could say there not so fast after all 😀😛.

Watcha get him? I guess you could say there not so fast after all 😀😛.

Get your coat Sephy :p:D

An iPad for his birthday and an Apple Pencil for father’s Day.

Hope he doesn’t see this :pac:

I’m on the couch reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,220 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Harleen would you like to adopt me :D I'm fully house trained (I think) :D

Just finished work and heading homeside and I'm gonna relax for the evening as I've no concerts tonight :(

I just love Birthday month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam, you absolute physchic legend, the package arrived at 3:50 :D

At home, thinking Mam really does know best :D

;)

Glad it arrived as predicted :D

At home , trying to sort out everyone else's problems , if said people would answer me it'd help :p

Autosport wrote: »
    Harleen would you like to adopt me :D I'm fully house trained (I think) :D

Just finished work and heading homeside and I'm gonna relax for the evening as I've no concerts tonight :(

I just love Birthday month :D

The more the merrier Auto.
    Just keep in mind that you have to put up with me for the whole year to get the presents :p:D

I also bake birthday cakes if that sways your decision in any way? :D

I’m looking at videos of Tayto Park.

The more the merrier Auto.
    Just keep in mind that you have to put up with me for the whole year to get the presents :p:D

I also bake birthday cakes if that sways your decision in any way? :D

I’m looking at videos of Tayto Park.

I'm on the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm house broken & can dress myself Harleen.

I’ll have the kettle on for the new arrivals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Flaked out after a great day. Now movies and wine time.

I’ll have the kettle on for the new arrivals :D

Put my name down too, I'd love some homemade cake, can you do either a fresh sponge with cream and jam/strawberries or coffee and walnut cake? I'll do some babysitting in return, I love newborns..

Put my name down too, I'd love some homemade cake, can you do either a fresh sponge with cream and jam/strawberries or coffee and walnut cake? I'll do some babysitting in return, I love newborns..

Fresh sponge with cream and jam is my OH’s favorite. That or a meringue “cake”. Layers of pavlova sandwiched with cream and strawberries and a strawberry coulis drizzle :D

Whatever the birthday boy or girl wants, I try my best to whip up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home, bed already, wrecked! And frozen. Fluffy socks on tonight!

• Advertisement

I bought a cooked chicken, rolls etc this morning to keep the troops fed until I got home from work, they're complaining that there was hardly any meat on the chicken, I just checked and the fcuking thing is upside down on the plate, what the hell am I rearing, its gonna be a long bloody summer.. ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Library

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I bought a cooked chicken, rolls etc this morning to keep the troops fed until I got home from work, they're complaining that there was hardly any meat on the chicken, I just checked and the fcuking thing is upside down on the plate, what the hell am I rearing, its gonna be a long bloody summer.. ffs.

Brilliant!:D

Lol :D

ETA ,
    Grandeeod got there before me !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just away from the tech desk and all the drama. Another day and another dollar. Back on the road next week for a considerable period. So it's working from home beer o'clock.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Chillin ... it’s been a lovely day

Me bird is upside down!. I'm weak laughing, try them with a pig on a spit..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

London trip done, now sitting in a quiet B777 heading home, we were lucky enough to get first class so I can snore

Good night all.

I'm laughing here with all the talk of chickens and cakes :D Don't ever change :)

Now deciding what do I want for the dinner :) Any suggestions??

• Advertisement

Me bird is upside down!. I'm weak laughing, try them with a pig on a spit..

Lol !
    At least you said it right !
    I made the mistake of calling it a spit roast on a different thread one night :o

Lesson learnt :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement