Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Dante7 wrote: »
    Not a major incident, but I have had a bit of trouble with a few kids congregating on the stairways of my apartment block. I've asked them to clear off on numerous occasions. They know the code to the building so it's difficult to keep them out.

I arrived home yesterday evening and told them to get out as they were trespassing. They are only kids, no big deal, and they shuffled off. Except for one lad. He ballsed up and refused to leave and started pretending to tie his shoe laces. He started behaving as if he was inviting me to lay a hand on him.

I didn't rise to the bait and walked him out of the building and advised that I would be calling the Garda and visiting their parents if they entered the building again.

So what's this got to do with travellers? Well, I since discovered that he is from a traveller family who have moved into the estate.

It's only a small story of how our interactions with travellers are nearly almost negative. He is just a 13 year old kid, but his attitude and behaviour was shocking. Very very aggressive and absolutely no respect.

As unpleasant as that was for you, count yourself lucky as that's an exceptionally mild encounter by standards here, if you go out to 13 year olds here (traveller or otherwise) they're guaranteed to square up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

padd b1975 wrote: »
    First on the dance floor.

Was he on the Late Late Show because he was a gay traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Was he on the Late Late Show because he was a gay traveller?

Gay traveller or not, he is certainly a scumbag going on like that on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Dante7 wrote: »
    It also kinda explains my daughter's stolen bike and scooter in the last few months from a common courtyard, where she had previously left them unlocked for four years.

But it was the aggressiveness of the kid that shocked me. He was practically putting it up to me. I have to admit, I was very tempted to knock him the fxuk out. That wouldn't have ended well, but as it stands I have nothing to worry about with them.

Not the kids I'd be worried about necessarily. It's the presumably large extended family.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,101 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Capture.jpg

• Advertisement

• Ah, shur, I’ve no doubt that one will be donated. I thought that she’s in rented accommodation. Not sure that her landlord would be too happy with alterations being made to his house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ah, shur, I’ve no doubt that one will be donated. I thought that she’s in rented accommodation. Not sure that her landlord would be too happy with alterations being made to his house.

I'm fairly sure she has her forever home by now. That stunt at the Garda station did the job.

• tuxy wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure she has her forever home by now. That stunt at the Garda station did the job.

I thought that she only got a 3 bedroom rental house? Would her landlord allow changes be made? Most places you cannot even hang a picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She got a 3 bed in Tallaght. Not sure on exactly how or what the terms are but I'm sure she can pay for any damage caused with the cash her mother left her. Not rent though, god no.

She got a 3 bed in Tallaght. Not sure on exactly how or what the terms are but I'm sure she can pay for any damage caused with the cash her mother left her. Not rent though, god no.

Was it a council house? It's not like she is going to tell the council or a landlord about it and I can't see anyone stopping her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

tuxy wrote: »
    Was it a council house? It's not like she is going to tell the council or a landlord about it and I can't see anyone stopping her.

She got a 4-bedroom council house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ireland 2019. Where dante7 has been advised to stay away from 13 year old aggressive traveller boy. Boy who is obviously above the law and can go on to any premises he feels like. Boy who can steal dante7 young childrens bikes etc. Biy who will wait in the premises for dante7 when he enters his home. This is bloody ridiculous. Get neighbours together and inform the police. Little scum bag needs a good slap.

Not sure, T. Details are exactly forthcoming on it.

She wouldn't give 2 sh*tes anyway and as you say, no one is going to stop her. Your average Joe, yes...her, no.

Ireland 2019. Where dante7 has been advised to stay away from 13 year old aggressive traveller boy. Boy who is obviously above the law and can go on to any premises he feels like. Boy who can steal dante7 young childrens bikes etc. Biy who will wait in the premises for dante7 when he enters his home. This is bloody ridiculous. Get neighbours together and inform the police. Little scum bag needs a good slap.

No doubt he's well used to a slap, its decent parents he needs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

"Dirty financers"

I often wondered what derogatory terms were used when describing settled folk.

Learn something new every day.

xzanti wrote: »
    "Dirty financers"

I often wondered what derogatory terms were used when describing settled folk.

Learn something new every day.

As in, we finance their lifestyle? Could be a term of endearment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

She got a 4-bedroom council house

Privately bought by the council for over 400k i may add .

That does hurt a bit. Physically. Right in the gut.

That is just horrendous. She has over 30 convictions and is rewarded like a King for it.

This country is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone know where Maggie's gaf is?

• Advertisement

Anyone know where Maggie's gaf is?

Not the exact address but it's in Tallaght probably close to her mothers grave exactly what she demanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Not thye exact address but it's in Tallaght probably close to her mothers grave exactly what she demanded.

I want one with a sea view in Clontarf please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A 4 bedroom house, apparently in the area she wanted.

We are all a bunch of fcuking morons.

Would you like a marbel fireplace to go with that?

Have you accumulated the required number of criminal convictions? Are you claiming child benefit for at least 5 children?
    Sounds like you're not even making an effort, application rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

A gay Traveller.

Degenerates everywhere with their smelly black repeal jumpers and their flat whites and blue hair will be having wet dreams.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

A gay Traveller.

Degenerates everywhere with their smelly black repeal jumpers and their flat whites and blue hair will be having wet dreams.

awfjnl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Anyone ever see the house the council built on the halting site in tralee. Makes Maggie gashes place look like a kennel

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Remember the video of the "Baby Hulk" being forced by his so-called father to drink a glass of Guinness a while back? Well there's a video on the beautifully named Bare Knuckle Fighting Facebook page from Saturday night of them. This time dad is driving his kid around in the van making him throw the shapes. Naturally the kid has no seatbelt on because the Da doesn't give a fcuk about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Anyone ever see the house the council built on the halting site in tralee. Makes Maggie gashes place look like a kennel

Where abouts is it and why haven't the media or anyone else picked up on it? I've been hearing these rumours but I've seen or heard nothing concrete

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement