Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

razorblunt wrote: »
    No1. No talking about the Playground.
    No2. No talking about the Playground.
    No3. If this is your first day at the Playground, you have to go face first down the slide.
    No4. Don't wear shorts on hot days on the slide.

When i was 11 i cut my back open on a slide once.

There was a sharp bit ...it was my own fault my friend warned me and said don't lean back...but i was wild and reckless and also forgetful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Don't know how people can joke about this tbh. It's pathetic and shows up the type of idiots we elect. Irish apathy is the most frustrating thing in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

BPKS wrote: »
    The PR people in FG should have told her that this would not look good.

However it is very likely that this will either succeed in court or be settled.

The hotel which has an indoor swing where it knows drunk people will be using it should have known better also. Its all grand to be giving out about dodgy claims and rip-off insurance and so on but business owners need to use a bit of cop on too.

These same hotels probably shouldnt have stairs....or doors...or glass on the premises....coz, yunno...drunk people.

Ms Bailey is a hoot to watch on the see-saw btw.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,031 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was Ben Gilroy pushing the swing?

Whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

"was caused to fall backwards"

You have to love the weasel language.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, now I finally know where that swing that appears in 50% of Tinder profiles is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Is there no personal responsibility whatsoever these days?
    It isn't even a proper swing, you just sit on it to get a picture.
    If she fell off it because of her own stupidity then she has no one to blame but herself. It can't always be someone elses fault ffs.

Sat at work here wondering what kind of millionaire lifestyle I'd be leading if I put in a claim for every single incident that happened in my life. I'd be rolling in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Well, now I finally know where that swing that appears in 50% of Tinder profiles is.

This is the other thing!!!!!

If that swing goes, what are all the chungwans on Tinder going to do.
    Every single one of them has a Sophies swing pic on their Tinder!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

She should be mortified bringing that to court.She needs supervision while using a swingffs.

I'm amazed no one in FG told her to cop the **** on and not bring this to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Hoboo wrote: »

43?

Jaysus she's had a hard life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

"unsupervised"....what is she...a 4 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Wheety

I hate this stuff. It's why playschools are closing down and kids can't run in the yard anymore. I remember when, as a kid and as an adult, if you fell you just felt embarrassed and tired to walk it off. Now first thoughts are to sue.

I've sat on one of those swings while waiting for the lift. No one needs instructions on how to use them. The dope had items in both hands. I'm sure she didn't just sit still either. Probably tried to swing with no hands. And these idiots are representing us?? That other eejit driving down the steps before too.

At least the hotel seem to be fighting it rather than just agreeing a settlement. I hope she loses and has to pay all legal costs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

only reasonable course of action is to let your local FG election and European election candidates that you will not vote FG because of this, no matter who the candidate is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

PaulieC wrote: »
    only reasonable course of action is to let your local FG election and European election candidates that you will not vote FG because of this, no matter who the candidate is.

Yeah that sounds fair and right.

There will be no one or no parties left to vote for if people won’t vote over one members behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

grown woman wants cash because she fell off a swing

scumbag. there is no other word.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I hope her constituents think hard about voting for a woman who thinks she needs instructions on using what a 4 year old can use without instructions. She must be a blithering idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A 43 year old TD suing a hotel because

A: she was allowed to do so unsupervised

And

B: there wasn't a sign instructing her how to safely use it.

Think about it for a few seconds, instructions on how to operate something most of us have gotten to grips with by age 3/4.

This is a new level of stupidity and unashameful greediness not seen in ages.

I hope to jaysis the judge fires the claim out to fcuk and her with it. :D

Yeah that sounds fair and right.

There will be no one or no parties left to vote for if people won’t vote over one members behavior.

There is also the other matters of Children's Hospital, homelessness, Climate change, broadband plan, etc., etc. The point is to let them know that you disapprove of her actions and this is the perfect time to do it as it will be forgotten about when the general election comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

Win or lose, I'll certainly be bumping up this thread after the next election is called.

What are the odds that, if she loses, she'll set up a gofundme page to help her pay her legal costs!

PaulieC wrote: »
    There is also the other matters of Children's Hospital, homelessness, Climate change, broadband plan, etc., etc. The point is to let them know that you disapprove of her actions and this is the perfect time to do it as it will be forgotten about when the general election comes around.

Homelessness- scam and gravy train.

Climate change- only been talked about in the last 2 weeks, what’s your issue with this?

Broadband plan- many agree with it and say it’s needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Climate change- only been talked about in the last 2 weeks, what’s your issue with this?

If homelessness is a scam and gravy change what the actual **** is this?

It seems like a middleclass woman with a nice enough life made a fool of herself on a swing got a bit bruised and instead of chalking it up to experience and her own stupidity she decided to sue when no one made her sit on the swing but herself.

Posting that in this thread.....

Wheeliebin doesn't do irony?

ha, you're funny.

Scam and gravy train for who exactly ? Certainly not the folks living in emergency accommodation. And I'm pretty sure that climate change was brought up once or twice prior to two weeks ago. As for Broadband, see your comment about homelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I thought there was a time limit when making claims like this? 4 years seems like a long time to wait.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

What a ****ing disgrace. Most able-bodied children can safely use a swing without supervision and without signage explaining how to use a swing. Who needs a ****ing sign explaining how to use a swing safely? Instead of allowing natural selection to do it's job, we're rewarding people with huge payouts and ordinary people and businesses are paying through the nose for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

This is so stupid.
    The stupidity of the woman in the first instance.
    The stupidity to take the case without understanding what it would do to her party electorally.
    I hope she's disciplined by her party for this. She will be disciplined by voters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Daddy is running again in the local elections if the voting public want to show their support to the family...

https://www.finegael.ie/our-people/councillors/dublin/dun-laoghaire-rathdown/dun-laoghaire/john-bailey/

I agree this woman is a disgrace.

But calling for a boycott of a whole party because of one persons actions, well there would be no parties left to vote for if that’s the way we go forward.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Daddy is running again in the local elections if the voting public want to show their support to the family...

https://www.finegael.ie/our-people/councillors/dublin/dun-laoghaire-rathdown/dun-laoghaire/john-bailey/

Lol.
    John is also a former publican in the constituency and was a registered Irish racehorse trainer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There were no instructions on how to use the swing.

Ah FFS.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement