Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I only hope that by the time it does come out i have enough for a new PC because it will definitely have to be a PC game, console just won't cut it.

Amen to that. Upgrade city :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Absolutely
    Would be awesome early xmas present, i'd pre order the the f*ck out of it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Didn't the ever expanding Gabe not say that the Half Life ep games were, essentially, HL3?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought he waffled about episodic gaming and how it would mean less time for us to wait between games. I was sure he specifically talked about 3 episodes a few months apart each followed by HL3 meaning the gap from episode 3 to part 3 would be shorter than the usual time between games. I thought this whole assumption that the next release is HL3 was pure speculation. I mean it wouldn't surprise me at all but officially the next release is supposed to be episode 3 of HL2 is it not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pretty sure I read thast they'd given up on an "episode 3" and the next game would be a full number of its own

i think I did read that they were considering eps 1/2 as "hl3" as well but.. i dunno if that would make much sense. If they jump straight into Half life 4 it would mean a lot of confused people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

... I only hope that by the time it does come out i have enough for a new PC because it will definitely have to be a PC game, console just won't cut it.

from the sounds of it you have 6 years to get a new pc then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

KilOit wrote: »
    Would be awesome early xmas present, i'd pre order the the f*ck out of it

xmas 2011 or xmas 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah I built a new pc for HL2 only for it to be delayed for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

More chances of the Public Sector being reformed and the banks being held accountable than HL3 coming out anytime soon tbh. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

un-named voice actor claims to have recorded voice work for Episode 3 :pac:

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2011/12/10/voice-actor-claims-theyre-working-on-half-life-episode-3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No matter how hard I try, I just can't stay mad at Valve for taking so long. I mean, pretty much everything they've ever released has been pure gold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Half Life 3 announcement at the VGAs tonight. It better be gameplay and not some lame teaser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It'll be Gabe Newell reenacting the trololololololol video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Half Life 3 announcement at the VGAs tonight. It better be gameplay and not some lame teaser.

Prepare to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Absolutely
    d22ontour wrote: »
    More chances of the Public Sector being reformed and the banks being held accountable than HL3 coming out anytime soon tbh. ;)

35bmas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

We wont see it for a long time, but when we do, it'll be totally worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just do not care at this point. Its like Duke Nukem forever, it'll be put off for so long, no one will care when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's like duke nukem forever except that you'll actually cream your pants when you see it.

actually it's not like DNF at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

actually it's not like DNF at all really.

Unless after every headcrab he kills he'll say "I'd hit it!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The big difference of course is that while DNF ended up being an obnoxious, badly-designed throwback created in a hurry after Gearbox bagged the IP, the worst HL3 could be is average. Valve are a rare developer in that they have the wriggle-room and money to build the games they want to create.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just do not care at this point. Its like Duke Nukem forever, it'll be put off for so long, no one will care when it comes out.

people will buy it, hear this:

and you'l be comforted knowing what you're about to play is gonna kick unholy ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm not sure how legit this is but adding more petrol to the media fire frenzy

http://www.reddit.com/tb/n8nsf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Gabe trolling like a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ah seriously, now valve are just like that girl who will let you slide your hand up her dress but stops you before you get to the good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

*sees bump in thread*

*gets hopes up*

*reads new post*

*is disappointed* :(

You made me think there was a new development :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Troll-Face-4efef98405000.png

sorry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

No! Trollface does NOT justify raising the hopes of Half-Life fans for nothing :( Trollface can pretty much justify anything, BUT NOT THIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

74100-grandpa-simpson.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

fecking valve!

working on half life 3: so far we've done this tshirt!

Advertisement