Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Left my wallet in taxi yesterday evening

• 14-09-2018 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Long story short:

About 8.30pm, hailed an 8 seater taxi on street outside a Tesco as grocery bags were too heavy- journey was half a mile/2 mins down street - me,my sister abd nephew sat in back, taxi driver was nice and chatty

1 min later we got home, fare was 6 quid,gave him a tenner and got change

He pulled in across the street from the apartment complex

Only when he drove off I realised I was too busy unloading bags and left wallet on back seat (there was 35 cash, a bank card, ID, couple of gift cards and 2 betting slips)

Rang the Garda.

30 mins later filed a report in police station.

Put a block on my cards so not cancelled entirely- block can be removed by me if handed in.

Whats my next move? Ring carriage office at 9.30 when open?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

you could try ringing the taxi firm and give them the details, you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

you could try ringing the taxi firm and give them the details, you never know

Dunno the taxi company

It was a randomly hailed taxi on street

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

Ring store street or tallaght guarda station, they no longer put into carraige office. All taxis put any lost property into these hubs (could be more). I have retrieved property this way.

Advertisement