Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Bus shelter in Boroimhe Swords STILL out of use

• 07-09-2018 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,803 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I've noticed the Bus shelter near Super Valu in Boroimhe, Swords has been out of action for over a year now. It's Stop 5029 for anyone looking on the website.
    Does anyone know why it's out of use and when it'll be restored? There's nothing visibly wrong with it, they even put in a new bin some months ago, but for some reason they're still making everyone board at the "temporary" stop down the road (with no shelter and where the pavement is really narrow)
    I've emailed Dublin Bus but they'll probably take 2-3 months to get back, so hoping someone here has some more information to hand.

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi folks,
    I've noticed the Bus shelter near Super Valu in Boroimhe, Swords has been out of action for over a year now. It's Stop 5029 for anyone looking on the website.
    Does anyone know why it's out of use and when it'll be restored? There's nothing visibly wrong with it, they even put in a new bin some months ago, but for some reason they're still making everyone board at the "temporary" stop down the road (with no shelter and where the pavement is really narrow)
    I've emailed Dublin Bus but they'll probably take 2-3 months to get back, so hoping someone here has some more information to hand.

Dublin Bus don't provide the shelters so they won't be the ones to repair it or that. Try https://www.jcdecaux.ie and they may know better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

From reading the local press the Councillors complained that the bus stop was a traffic hazard. They were complaining that there is a bend in the road and when the bus was stopped at the bus stop there was dangerous overtaking taking place from the Rivervalley approach. An engineer visited the bus stop and agreed that there was a problem with the bus stop. The stop was moved due to Irish Water mains works but has not re-opened.

The last news I read a few months ago is that plans have been submitted to the NTA about moving the stop permanently with the bus stopping in the bus lane.

It is the NTA and Fingal Co. Council you need to contact for an update.

Also, you should raise your concerns with the local Councillors as they campaigned for the bus stop to be moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Just has a look on Google maps and can see why they are going to move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,803 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

mickmmc wrote: »
    From reading the local press the Councillors complained that the bus stop was a traffic hazard. They were complaining that there is a bend in the road and when the bus was stopped at the bus stop there was dangerous overtaking taking place from the Rivervalley approach. An engineer visited the bus stop and agreed that there was a problem with the bus stop. The stop was moved due to Irish Water mains works but has not re-opened.

The last news I read a few months ago is that plans have been submitted to the NTA about moving the stop permanently with the bus stopping in the bus lane.

It is the NTA and Fingal Co. Council you need to contact for an update.

Also, you should raise your concerns with the local Councillors as they campaigned for the bus stop to be moved.

Thanks for the info, bit silly as the location they've moved the stop too seems an even worse location to overtake, and they've no space for a shelter at the new location.

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Thanks for the info, bit silly as the location they've moved the stop too seems an even worse location to overtake, and they've no space for a shelter at the new location.

In the original location it was right at the start of the bus lane so traffic always had to queue when a bus stopped.

At the new location the buses are fully in the bus lane so they don't block traffic at all except for other buses.

It is stupid that the new stop had been labelled temporary for about 6 months now and the old stop is still there. I don't know why this kind of stuff is complicated.

And your right about the shelter. No room for one at the new stop and a really narrow path.

• Advertisement
Advertisement