Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus & broken Google maps?

• 07-09-2018 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story here is, or when it might be fixed?

If you go to the DB website and try to load the route map for any route, the map shows up in grey saying it can't load properly, and the marked stops are not where they should be at all.

Anyone know what's causing this, or when it might be fixed? It's a real pain trying to plan journeys when you can't see the proper route travelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

New Pay-As-You-Go Pricing
    Effective July 16, 2018

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/usage-and-billing

Only been 53 days, seconds in terms of the public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

The 'view route map' option has caused the official Dublin Bus app to crash for as long as I can remember too. I just use moovit instead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Wondered if it was something like a pricing issue, all right.

Will look into other options as suggested above. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DivingDuck wrote: »
    the marked stops are not where they should be at all.
    There are a least two issues.

1. About 5% of stops are not recorded correctly.

460629.png

2. Even when mapped correctly, the poor stop pictogram misleads people as to where the stop is.

460630.png

460631.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I think (though can't be sure) that the second issue only happened when the grey overlay/payment issue kicked in. Some of the longer routes have them very strongly off— the 75 is a good example, if I remember correctly.

The first is a long-standing error, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

ED E wrote: »
    New Pay-As-You-Go Pricing
    Effective July 16, 2018
    https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/usage-and-billing
    Only been 53 days, seconds in terms of the public service.
    Google is useless in mapping services, thanks God there is range of better providers.
    Here is an example - not about bus but close - Green Luas line still terminates at Stephens Green on Google maps (and this is hilarious):

stephens-green.jpg

Advertisement