Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I find plenty of those Dreamcast CDR games have major problems. The big releases usually have good work put in but the music is noticeably lower quality. Some of the more obscure ones are total hack jobs. Maken X for instance removes all of the excellent music in the game bar one track which is repeated all through the game.

There's not many expensive Dreamcast games so I just bought all the games I wanted for the system. Not as harsh on the laser either.

Anyway if you are going the piracy route, a SD card adapter for the laser is a much better option as long as you can find high quality GD ROM dumps and not the butchered versions that you can burn to CD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And then there's the SD card solutions, though expensive if you are a massive fan of the format might be worth it.
    Otherwise, listen to Retr0, there aren't that many really pricey titles on the format so just take your time and pick them up as they pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just don't bother with that adapter that lets you boot from SD carDs in one of the back ports. It's absolutely rubbish due to the slow transfer speed of the port. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Don't mind the CDR's myself but I had to buy a legit copy of VF3TB because it would just blackscreen after a while no matter what release or how fast it was burned, and I could never get the music to play on a bogey copy of sega rally 2

but yeah even the RAGE is cheaper than his listing

Master of the Universe

I burned off a load of CDRs a good 10+ years ago that I still use to this day. Don't actually have the facilities at home to burn discs anymore! So they've gone from being disposable copied discs to something I can't actually replaced that easily :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

o1s1n wrote: »
    So they've gone from being disposable copied discs to something I can't actually replaced that easily :eek:

Ah a USB cd writer is under £20 I think, so worst case that's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just had a look on eBay, there's a lot more Dreamcasts than there was a few years ago! I got mine from The Rage for €70 4 years ago, there was only ever 5-6 listed and they were selling for €70ish excluding shipping. Looks like a boxed one is around €100. Might keep my eye on a boxed one.

I'd like to get both Hello Kitty models boxed sometime...

:confused" rel="nofollow">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soviet-Strike-PS1-war-helicopter-flying-PAL-Manual/372384123837?hash=item56b3d2cbbd%3Ag%3AY1wAAOSwY~laQ5Lr&_sop=1&_pgn=3&LH_Auction=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=ps1&_from=R40&rt=nc:confused:confused::confused:

Has to be a joke listing...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

:confused" rel="nofollow">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soviet-Strike-PS1-war-helicopter-flying-PAL-Manual/372384123837?hash=item56b3d2cbbd%3Ag%3AY1wAAOSwY~laQ5Lr&_sop=1&_pgn=3&LH_Auction=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=ps1&_from=R40&rt=nc:confused:confused::confused:

Who even knows anymore? https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Street-Fighter-The-Movie-Sony-PlayStation-1-1995-European-Version/97088522?iid=202383110097&_trkparms=aid%3D888007%26algo%3DDISC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D51875%26meid%3Db5bbcbf35d834a10ae099a9f3be483d8%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D372384123837%26itm%3D202383110097&_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is why you should never list items on ebay when you have a coke habit to support.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doubt the game is very rare, it was released very close to launch and I'm guessing sold well.

It's actually not a bad game. The arcade game is garbage but Capcom took it in house for the console versions and rejigged it to play like Super Turbo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doubt the game is very rare, it was released very close to launch and I'm guessing sold well.

It's actually not a bad game. The arcade game is garbage but Capcom took it in house for the console versions and rejigged it to play like Super Turbo.

Good game alright. Definitely not rare though. It's nearly always seen in ps1 console and game bundles on Ebay, along with that Who Wants To A Millionaire game:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

Master of the Universe

Just had a look on eBay and there are ended auctions (with bids) for VGA graded versions of OOT for almost a grand :eek:

People be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

...People be crazy.

It's all a bit mad. I do love the game, but not that much!

You can pick up the Zelda bonus disk for the GameCube that'll include a host of LoZ games, including OoT and MM for around €40 and it'll also run on a Wii, which itself can be had for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Some vintage attic dust, 30 year accumulating...

Y2QxNmQ2NTI1Zjk0NjNkZmE4M2JlYmNjMmVkMjU4YTBT5xOkzw-zDM1mz3PgQ92qaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDRhZWYyOTM0Njk2NmFmZmQ2YzBjMzkwOWI1ODEzZjNiZWQ3N2Y4MmEzMjE0ZmE5NWE0NzcxM2YxYzI1MWI3ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/atari-and-sega-master/15693947

frasr wrote: »
    Some vintage attic dust, 30 year accumulating...

Y2QxNmQ2NTI1Zjk0NjNkZmE4M2JlYmNjMmVkMjU4YTBT5xOkzw-zDM1mz3PgQ92qaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDRhZWYyOTM0Njk2NmFmZmQ2YzBjMzkwOWI1ODEzZjNiZWQ3N2Y4MmEzMjE0ZmE5NWE0NzcxM2YxYzI1MWI3ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/atari-and-sega-master/15693947

"Quality Sh1te". A most apt username

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

It’s old, therefore, I’m rich!

Inviere wrote: »
    It’s old, therefore, I’m rich!

I'm old, but worth feck all.
    Some parts are pretty dusty too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Meh, poster is from Castleknock and sure everything is overpriced there :D

Meh, poster is from Castleknock and sure everything is overpriced there :D

I understand the trend that everything old is worth something, well apart from me, but it's a shock to think that these persons of questionable gaming knowledge think that the PS2 is in that category!

Fire Warrior, your time has come!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh look I found a rock that is millions of years old give me $$$$$$$!

Skerries wrote: »

Does it repel tigers?

Master of the Universe

Skerries wrote: »

You can also put me down for on of your tiger repelling rocks.

You can also put me down for on of your tiger repelling rocks.

I have one in a plastic sack, and it's graded 100.
    This makes it instantly more valuable and desirable by tiger repellent rock collectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

3ce83f4ca536e25a4bb3b1158e1cb601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Does it repel tigers?

Moron. It's an IRISH rock so it will only repel bears. You need a STICK to repel tigers.
    Get your **** together man

• Advertisement

Moron. It's an IRISH rock so it will only repel bears. You need a STICK to repel tigers.
    Get your **** together man

We haven't had bears here in a couple of thousand years.
    Must be very effective rocks!

Advertisement