Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I thought the forecast was for the weather to turn humid tonight. Certainly not the case in west Cork anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Ithought the forecast was for the weather to turn humid tonight. Certainly not the case in west C

Humidity will be rising (it's up on previous nights), here's the 7 a.m. (tomorrow) relative humidity chart from the ECM 12z:

hKKIqsH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's a chilly enough one for the time of year but nothing too unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

wife was driving home from an outdoor concert in sligo tonight and her car dash said 3'c outside temp !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought the forecast was for the weather to turn humid tonight. Certainly not the case in west Cork anyway.

the whole of today and tonight has been much cooler than I expected too. Definitely a mid October feeling over past 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's so cool, calm and clear tonight you'd think there's going to be frost!

1c reported at Mt Dillon at 0500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Great views of the shooting stars last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell is this stuff? :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures making a big recovery here after the very cool conditions last night, currently 17C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Woke up to the sound of rain on the Velux windows around 8/9am, it’s now a heavy fog and I’m assuming more rain is coming later down in west cork. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Horrible in south dublin, really windy and spraying rain.

some light rain here too, rain just starting to show up on the radar over eastern areas. Met Eireann are mentioning 25C possible in eastern areas on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Woke up to the sound of rain on the Velux windows around 8/9am, it’s now a heavy fog and I’m assuming more rain is coming later down in west cork. :(
    Is that a sad face .............I thought ye wanted rain in Cork ?

19C here now, feeling warm despite light spits of drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Very muggy despite the wet weather.

Very foggy in west cork, can’t see about 50 feet in front of you. Very heavy/humid as well. About 19 degrees.

Edit: Drizzling now too so fog is worse now.

Edit; big drops now.

sun trying to make an appearance here. Currently 19C.

hitting 21C in parts of the west.

Lashing out of the heavens in west Cork now. Very big heavy drops falling st a fast rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Still dry here and cloudy. The temperature's been falling recently. It was 17.4C a half hour ago, the day's high so far. Now it's back down to 16.9C. RH 84%.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Had only 0.6mm 30 mins ago, moderate rain now bringing the readings so far up to a massive 1.0mm

mild at 19.0C / high of 21.3C

tempresult_oan9.gif

ILMC4GM.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I recorded 0.3mm!

21C here now and a few spits of rain, ground still dryish.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Is that it? 2.2mm, expected a very wet day but what we got was a poor attempt at a few downpours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭highdef

In North Kildare, very chaotic and angry skies to my immediate south with lots of low level wall clouds and scud.

Finally back online.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Finally back online.

Kind of, getting errors. Much nicer than expected here in West Clare today.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Kind of, getting errors. Much nicer than expected here in West Clare today.

No errors but my internet is doing its usual crap.

Mostly cloudy in Dublin 13 but some sunny spells this afternoon. Been really boring.

beautiful day in west cork. Warm and sunny the entire time. Heard reports of rain in the city and dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Very heavy rain in Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

0c last night in Antrim. 0c in early August..

Advertisement