Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OG Xbox lightgun madness!!!

• 15-07-2018 3:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Apparently I now own a clatter of OG Xbox light guns.
    Which is nice...

What light gun games are worth having on the system?
    I have the Silent Scope collection and I think there's a copy of House of the Dead III in there as well.

Anything else worth getting for the machine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you get the Silent Scope lightgun? That's a bit of craic.

Worth noting that you've to put the brightness quite high on your TV to get it to register shots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, just assembled it... the rubber on the end of the stock has gone a bit tacky... I mean, who hasn't been there, amIright?

But the €30 haul consists of a pair of wireless OG Xbox guns, a wireless OG Xbox/PS/2 gun, the aforementioned and official Silent Scope rifle, a replica machine gun for the Xbox/PS2, the Gamester Halo controller for the Xbox with a spring bolloxed in one trigger and, lastly, a Thrustmaster OG Xbox flight stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Starsky & Hutch had a light-gun section. Wasn't great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The selection seems rather meagre compared to the PS2.

Master of the Universe

I didn't know the xbox lightguns were wireless, that's pretty cool. Wonder is there any lag?

I don't think any console will ever beat the PS2 for lightgun games. It has by far the best lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That Silent Scope Rifle does not want to calibrate, tried multiple brightness settings... bugger...

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That Silent Scope Rifle does not want to calibrate, tried multiple brightness settings... bugger...

Yeah that's the exact issue I had.

Had to put the contrast up full and brightness up to a point where the colours were really washed out.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah that's the exact issue I had.

Had to put the contrast up full and brightness up to a point where the colours were really washed out.

Kinda spoils the effect!

I might just get the 2nd and 3rd one for the PS2, at least I know they will work with the G-Con 2 on my TV.

I stand corrected, apparently Silent Scope 3 on the PS2 doesn't support any gun controllers at all :eek: I mean, why?

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Kinda spoils the effect!

I might just get the 2nd and 3rd one for the PS2, at least I know they will work with the G-Con 2 on my TV.

I stand corrected, apparently Silent Scope 3 on the PS2 doesn't support any gun controllers at all :eek: I mean, why?

I think the light rife was actually released on the PS2 too?

Be interesting playing them with a gcon. Would feel more like Time Crisis 'Accuracy Edition' rather than Silent Scope.

Advertisement