Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone combine the gym with their commute?

Options
  • 11-01-2019 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

Its something I started doing and its working very well , realistically once Im home I aint going out again except for maybe a walk but this works because I joined a gym which has a branch directly on my commute and has another branch very near if I happen to get the train. It means that either in the morning or coming home I can go in sometimes for literally 10 to 15min depending on what I want to do, maybe 30 -40 min if I want to do cardio-intervals, don’t need to change or warm up so its very time efficient.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

My new years resolution was to start doing this as the gym is a 2min diversion on the bike. I'm now on day 11 & have yet to set foot in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

My new years resolution was to start doing this as the gym is a 2min diversion on the bike. I'm now on day 11 & have yet to set foot in there!

:pac: do it do it! my plan was to do it in the morning, but I think I have only done it once so far at that time, but the evening seems to work for me albeit the gym is busier so morning would be better.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I cycle right past a Gym on my commute! :D

Advertisement