Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

"I would take the opportunity to warn against hasty conclusions, against attempts to lay the blame at the door of those we don't like," the agency quoted Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying.

"Lately we have been seeing a strengthening campaign of political, psychological and military pressure on Iran. We wouldn't want the events that have just happened, which are tragic and shook the world oil market, to be used speculatively to further aggravate the situation in an anti-Iranian sense," Ryabkov was quoted as saying.

It's so Russia that did it. At first he says
    ''I would take the opportunity to warn against hasty conclusions, against attempts to lay the blame at the door of those we don't like,''
    And the says

''We wouldn't want the events that have just happened, which are tragic and shook the world oil market, to be used speculatively to further aggravate the situation in an anti-Iranian sense,

But why put that bit in the middle, to stoke the fiire ' IT WAS TRAGIC LOL AND SHOOK THE WORLD OIL MARKET, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ''

He talks of hasty conclusions and then called incident tragic, and it shook the world . So deliberately bombing hospitals in Syria is not tragic. A fender bender on a ship is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Blueshoe wrote: »
    That makes no sense
    actually it does

Everyone expected Russia to back Iran in this. But they haven't in fact they have gone so far as to say Iran should not expect their Support. They have all but out and out given support for the US in this.

Russia and Iran are not friends. Russia has long hated Iran for supporting terrorist networks all throughout the middle east.

Iran has been involved in the Syrian civil war. Russian intervention in the Syrian civil war happened in 2015 and they have been there ever since.

So in a way ...Iran and Russia are already fighting each other.

Russia has been WAAY more involved in Syria than even Israel. Israel's official position is neutrality in the Syrian conflict. Russia has been trying to get them involved more for a long time.

This is totally Russia's style ..and it would benefit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

"I would take the opportunity to warn against hasty conclusions, against attempts to lay the blame at the door of those we don't like," the agency quoted Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying.

"Lately we have been seeing a strengthening campaign of political, psychological and military pressure on Iran. We wouldn't want the events that have just happened, which are tragic and shook the world oil market, to be used speculatively to further aggravate the situation in an anti-Iranian sense," Ryabkov was quoted as saying.

It's so Russia that did it. At first he says
    ''I would take the opportunity to warn against hasty conclusions, against attempts to lay the blame at the door of those we don't like,''
    And the says

''We wouldn't want the events that have just happened, which are tragic and shook the world oil market, to be used speculatively to further aggravate the situation in an anti-Iranian sense,

But why put that bit in the middle, to stoke the fiire ' IT WAS TRAGIC LOL AND SHOOK THE WORLD OIL MARKET, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ''

He talks of hasty conclusions and then called incident tragic, and it shook the world . So deliberately bombing hospitals in Syria is not tragic. A fender bender on a ship is though.

You are literally insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

actually it does

Everyone expected Russia to back Iran in this. But they haven't in fact they have gone so far as to say Iran should not expect their Support. They have all but out and out given support for the US in this.

Russia and Iran are not friends. Russia has long hated Iran for supporting terrorist networks all throughout the middle east.

Iran has been involved in the Syrian civil war. Russian intervention in the Syrian civil war happened in 2015 and they have been there ever since.

Russia has been WAAY more involved in Syria than even Israel. Israel's official position is neutrality in the Syrian conflict. Russia has been trying to get them involved more for a long time.

So if it’s not Dallas oilmen it’s the Russians. And the Russians gain what from this? Nothing.

Where are the crazies coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Annd9

actually it does

They are on the same side in the Syrian conflict , not that it makes them allies .

• Advertisement

So if it’s not Dallas oilmen it’s the Russians. And the Russians gain what from this? Nothing.

Where are the crazies coming from?

They have everything to gain from this. Syria for one. It's theirs without Iran.

Syria is the only significant crude oil producing country in the Eastern Mediterranean region.

Annd9 wrote: »
    They are on the same side in the Syrian conflict , not that it makes them allies .

No they ARE NOT. It's not that simple.

If that were true. Israel and Iran would be on the same side. Clearly that is not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Easy. Twas The Saudis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Easy. Twas The Saudis.

Same boys that did 9/11?

Maybe they are right then. Maybe it WAS simply Iran.

• Advertisement

Easy. Twas The Saudis.

There is no evidence of that in fairness.

Just because they hate Iran etc its not reason enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Israel is not the warmonger you think they are. The govt can't afford to be. It's electorate is the army. They go to war their voters DIE.

They just live beside crazy countries with zero concern for human rights i.e Syria Iraq Jordan.

Lol, I must live in some alternate reality where the Israelis fire flowers and chocolates and not missiles at kids on the beaches of Gaza.

Also please don't insinuate I am blaming the Jews as if condemnation of Israels human right abuses is anti-semetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Annd9

No they ARE NOT. It's not that simple.

If that were true. Israel and Iran would be on the same side. Clearly that is not the case.

Could you elaborate on this ? I'm genuinely interested btw . I've always had the opinion it was Assad, Russia, Hezbollah and IRGC(in the background) loosely working together .

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Mohammed bin Salman has decided to chime in now. I would have thought he'd be keeping a low profile at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I see your point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

There was a time when journalists would have gone chasing after the crews of the Tankers to find out what happened.

Now they go chasing after Mike Pompeo and Jeremy Hunt to find out 'what happened'.

Investigative journalism is no more...and any potential whistleblowers are either rotting in jail or on the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

kneemos wrote: »
    Trump inner circle plan I'd say. Elections are coming up and nothing Garner's votes like bombing the Arabs.

The Iranians are not Arabs.

But with John Bolton around and Trump being like Netanyahu's puppet its not a good combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

This is The Handmaid's Tale backstory. Rogue American elements do an act of terrorism and pin it on Iran. Lucky for Trump they didn't completely copy the Handmaid's Tale backstory!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

A U.S drone has been shot down overnight in international air space in the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian S2A missile.

A U.S drone has been shot down overnight in international air space in the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian S2A missile.

I don't think it has been established where it was when it was shot down. The Iranians are saying it was in Iranian airspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Iran is divided. The Revolutionary Guard are governed by the religious not the government. There is a long history of Iran attacking shipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

All this Iranian aggression is not going to end well. We are into the tit for tat stage now and i expect an American response with 48hrs.

Well done Iran...pity there wasn't a warmongering yank in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Blueshoe wrote: »
    1) do you have intelligence that says different or was it on a YouTube video?
    2) in the short term possibly. But again for the greater good

1. The people who were literally on the ship have stated that it wasn't a mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Trump won the swing states by 77,000 votes in total in 2016. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8M votes. Trump will lose the 2020 election by a landslide, as the Republicans lost the 2018 elections by enormous margins.

No one wants to say this, but he has zero chance of being re-elected, not a hope in hell.

Keep on believing. :rolleyes: Trump will get 4 more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Its all eerily happening in the build up to a US election year.

If the US are in a full scale war with Iran by November of next year the Trump walks straight back into the White House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

archer22 wrote: »
    Well done Iran...pity there wasn't a warmongering yank in it.

You understand what a drone is, right?

• Advertisement

You understand what a drone is, right?

Yeah hence my comment "right" :rolleyes:

Advertisement