Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

welcome to nginx

• 16-07-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

everytime i try to go to the boards home page i get a white screen saying welcome to nginx. could only get into boards by going to my viewed pages and selecting from there. so do i have a virus

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's the exact URL you're going to? What address does it resolve to?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

same address comes up http://www.boards.ie with the welcome to nginx. nothing else shown on address bar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And what does it resolve to?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No issue here. Going to boards as expected.

KoolKid wrote: »
    No issue here. Going to boards as expected.

But boards.ie doesn't use nginx, it's on LightHTTPd, so he's going to some web server, somewhere. So I suspect some kind of DNS dodginess is occurring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

lynp27 wrote: »
    everytime i try to go to the boards home page i get a white screen saying welcome to nginx. could only get into boards by going to my viewed pages and selecting from there. so do i have a virus
    ipconfig /flushdns
    net stop dnscache

Have a look to see if it still happens.

Advertisement