Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who owns that number

• 02-09-2005 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

well guys is it possible to find the name to a number.
    I got a call from a number but dont want to ring it in case its a certain individual!!
    Also is it possible to uncover the number to an "unknown" call???
    I am pay as you go

Thanks, all information appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

you could try and do the direct voicemail number thing and see if they have a personal greeting, but if they dont try and ring the number while having yours blocked, and pretend to be someone else, or if your scared they might know your voice get a friend to do it.

I dont know about the unknown number thing but im sure service operator would be able to trace it only if you report that the unknown caller keeps being a nuisance call.
    not an area i know off well but im sure its possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Your phone company can find out who a private number is, but they won't without a court order and a dam good reason.

You should put #31# before their number and ring from your phone, this hides your number. Otherwise ring 08x 5xxxxxxx, where x is their number and you'll get to their voicemail.

If you're with Meteor, give them the number and they'll block it for you, if it's causing you trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭_Turismo4

ciaranfo wrote:
    Your phone company can find out who a private number is, but they won't without a court order and a dam good reason.

You should put #31# before their number and ring from your phone, this hides your number. Otherwise ring 08x 5xxxxxxx, where x is their number and you'll get to their voicemail.

If you're with Meteor, give them the number and they'll block it for you, if it's causing you trouble.
    That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

This might work,as it has done for me !!! only 087 i've tried,
    Ring vodafone on private number
    you will then b asked to input your mobile phone number
    then all you have to do is wait for an answer and they should say to you hello mr. / mrs. who ever you are !! This does work
    Oh then hang up !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

thats right paul, ive called vodafone for a few people like that before. you could ask them "i forgot my first name, what is it again?" :) best of luck anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement