Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

phog wrote: »
    Yes, was listed as injured late last week or earlier this week

I missed that, a big loss if he's missing for the Racing game. Would this be Loughman's first European start so?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Mathewson definitely not being extended again.

https://twitter.com/Munsterrugby/status/1196397997443211264

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hopefully he gets contract somewhere else. Did great while here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's official. Sad to hear in a way. Brought plenty of energy and some of that NZ flair. Loved his infamous quick throw in.

https://twitter.com/TheLooseH/status/1196400023065518080

Thought Cronin and himself were going to come to blows at end of Ospreys game though any time we were awarded a penalty and Alby looked like he was going to tap :D I enjoyed his enthusiasm for upping the pace, but yeah my heart often skipped a beat when he appeared beside the penalty spot and got ball in hand!

🤪

• Advertisement

That's a pity, even if we had him longer than expected, he's been a great signing for us.

The very best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That makes me sad. I've always liked him as a player. Unfortunately he never seemed to be able to settle at a team for any length of time. Always moved on after a season or 2. I have no idea why.

Would have loved it if he had come to Munster a few years ago and been able to spend a good few seasons as Murray's back-up. He seemed to really buy in to Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Great signing. Hard to believe he played the ABs game in Thomond in 2008 (11 years ago today actually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

On the injury front, JJ Hanrahan and Rhys Marshall will be re-integrated to training this week.

Continuing to rehab: Chris Cloete (RTPP), Dave Kilcoyne (calf), Joey Carbery (ankle) Ciaran Parker (calf), Darren Sweetnam (hamstring).

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/11/19/squad-update-munster-prepare-for-racing-92/

I'm going to take that as JJ and Marshall not being available for Saturday.

I'd like to see:
    Loughman, Scannell, Ryan, Beirne, Kleyn, POM, TOD, Stander;
    Murray, Bleyendaal, Earls, Scannell, Farrell, Conway, Haley

KOB, Cronin, Archer, Wycherley, JOD, Mathewson, Goggin, Daly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That makes me sad. I've always liked him as a player. Unfortunately he never seemed to be able to settle at a team for any length of time. Always moved on after a season or 2. I have no idea why.

Would have loved it if he had come to Munster a few years ago and been able to spend a good few seasons as Murray's back-up. He seemed to really buy in to Munster.

Wouldn’t have been his decision at those clubs, he’s often spoken about how hard it is on the short terms as he can’t move his family over, I think they’re in Oz.

All the best to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Just watched the highlights on VM1. My God Oisín Langan has to be the worst commentator I've ever heard. You hear him the odd time on Pro14 coverage and he's just woeful. Doesn't understand the game or know the players.

Sample: Murray pops the ball off to..... the ball carrier

Has anyone heard anything about 6N tickets for supporters clubs? Seems Leinster and Ulster had ballots recently so might be soon then

Eod100 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about 6N tickets for supporters clubs? Seems Leinster and Ulster had ballots recently so might be soon then

We usually get an opportunity to enter a lottery for home Internationals so I assume we will again for the 2020 6Ns.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

We usually get an opportunity to enter a lottery for home Internationals so I assume we will again for the 2020 6Ns.

We do seem to be very much behind the other provinces this year though

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A LBP would be good this weekend even with the Thomond factor I can't see us being strong enough to beat Racing

A high 2nd place should be the aim but Sarries will grow into better form in time. Love if Ospreys caused them issues

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A LBP would be good this weekend even with the Thomond factor I can't see us being strong enough to beat Racing

A high 2nd place should be the aim but Sarries will grow into better form in time. Love if Ospreys caused them issues

Seriously? We're talking about a Racing team who are 10th in the Top 14. Yes they won handy last week, but it was Saracens A team and the game was played in their indoor arena.

It's a bit different playing in the cold, wind and rain in Thomond against a full strength Munster team. I expect it to be a tight game, but I expect Munster to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Caranica wrote: »
    We do seem to be very much behind the other provinces this year though

Some details coming soon

https://twitter.com/MRSC16/status/1197503836811866112

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Seriously? We're talking about a Racing team who are 10th in the Top 14. Yes they won handy last week, but it was Saracens A team and the game was played in their indoor arena.

I'd be saying Seriously? if PTH was saying any different. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

It's a bit different playing in the cold, wind and rain in Thomond against a full strength Munster team. I expect it to be a tight game, but I expect Munster to win.

How many Racing players were away with France? Quite a few I think. Those guys are back now.

We'd want to be winning all our home games to be giving us our best chance of progressing. Ideally top the group and get a home quarter and be in running for home semi. For semi though with new rules it would probably mean finish either 1st or 2nd which would be no mean feat. But yeah basically would want to be winning at the weekend.

• Advertisement

How many Racing players were away with France? Quite a few I think. Those guys are back now.

They had 6. Munster had 12 in the Ireland squad who are also back now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Winning your home games is a must to progress in Europe.

It'll be tough but I'd be optimistic Munster can do it.

I'm not sure many teams will be beating Racing away on the artificial surface. But at home with the grass and rain, it will hopefully make a difference.

We could well lose the game but a home win is vital to keep any hope of progressing in the competition.

Racing are a big powerful team but like a lot of French teams they seem to target winning their home games if they come to Munster with that attitude and we don't gift them points or field position with silly penalties or handling errors then we're very much in a position to win.

I'm looking forward to this game.

We could well lose the game but a home win is vital to keep any hope of progressing in the competition.

Racing are a big powerful team but like a lot of French teams they seem to target winning their home games if they come to Munster with that attitude and we don't gift them points or field position with silly penalties or handling errors then we're very much in a position to win.

I'm looking forward to this game.

We have been gifting teams penalties a lot lately though. 15 in the last game, I think. Which is a lot considering. Scrum will have to function too or it could be a long day.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

They had 6. Munster had 12 in the Ireland squad who are also back now.

6 with France, 12 at the rwc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Do not be afraid my Munster chums you will win this game. Racing are not the team they looked
    last week, I think you will win it with plenty to spare.

Would be great if they picked Zebo as he is not in the best of shape or form. i could see Conway skinning him, watched some of their matches, Zebo looks like he is carrying a few bags of spuds up his jersey. When a player gets a run at him he looks like he is going in reverse.

Good luck but I don't think you will need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The same Zebo who was named in the Pro14team of the season less than 12 months ago? We'd be naive to think he won't be trying to make a statement in this match. Look forward to seeing him take the field again in Thomond, our top try scorer of all time - check out the previous record before he came along

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

leakyboots wrote: »
    The same Zebo who was named in the Pro14team of the season less than 12 months ago? We'd be naive to think he won't be trying to make a statement in this match. Look forward to seeing him take the field again in Thomond, our top try scorer of all time - check out the previous record before he came along

He may not even get in their starting 15 tho.

• Advertisement

aloooof wrote: »
    He may not even get in their starting 15 tho.

Maybe, maybe not but word was he was on his bench because his wife was very close to having their baby. May be different this weekend.

Advertisement