Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2

• 12-08-2019 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭

Cannot wait for this!!! usual times 11.15 1.0 3.0

s64poh.jpg
    2vhxkd3.jpg

Can stipe avenge that loss?
    how good is costa?
    Can nate beat pettis after 3 years out?

3 great fights on paper and all three have questions to answer.

I think pettis will take diaz with leg kicks and superior speed unless pettis starts brawling with Nate, possible given the bad blood between the two.

My head says cormier and it's hard to shout against him but I'd like to see stipe back on top given it's only a matter of time before dc retires.

Costa has looked the part albeit against much lesser guys, the acid test comes here in the form of romero who's as good as there is in the division.
    I'm going with romero on this one

heinisch has looked pretty good so far and is favourite to beat brunson, everytime I think of brunson I think he has lost a lot of fights but out of his 7 losses 6 were to souza twice, adesanya, silva, whittaker and romero but his tactics at times leave little to be desired (whittaker)
    This probably won't be one of the more entertaining fights on the card :pac:

Sandhagen looks like a guy going places, think he'll get the better of accuncao and yusuff looks like a good prospect.

The early/prelim cards look pretty weak compared to other numbered events

stipe v cormier 48 votes

stipe by ko
    77% 37 votes
    stipe by sub
    12% 6 votes
    stipe on pts
    0% 0 votes
    cormier ko
    2% 1 vote
    cormier sub
    4% 2 votes
    cormier pts
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think Stipe was just a bit reckless last time, he knows know to be more careful and as tough an SOB as DC is, I can see Stipe finishing him with strikes. That's my heart anyway and what I voted for. My head says DC will out work him and either a KO or Sub is his for the taking. Should be a great fight.

I can't wait for Pettis Diaz, should be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Watched the countdown last night and agree with the above assuming stipe doesn't get reckless and stays well away from the clinch
    with such a huge reach advantage, if he uses that cormier could be wrecked after 2/3 rounds but should it go past 3 it'll just be a case of who wants it most

safe he stay he probably overlooked cormier last time out

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Gonna take a flutter on:

Stipe
    Diaz
    Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

i'LL GO

DC by TKO
    Diaz by decision
    Romero by TKO

on the stipe cormier card last time out

pettis bt chiesa
    costa bt hall
    assuncao won

unusual or not to have 5 fighters fighting on the same card again?

perry fought on it also in yet another classic with felder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Can't wait for this!!
    Hope Stipe KO's Cormier in the first(havimg a small nibble on this too). Surely he uses his reach to better advantage this time around.
    I think Yoel beats Paulo but I'm not sure how good he is as he has fought lesser opponents.
    Also think Pettis beats Diaz, surely 3 years is too long and he has to have some ring-rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

best card in a while.

going to go with:
    yoel as costa hasnt been in a 3rd round ever in his mma career and yoel has fought much tougher opponents

Diaz purely because i enjoy his fights but it will be a tough one for him

DC as i think he will just have a better game plan and find a hole in stipes game. plus at 12/1 i couldnt help but put a tenner on dc to win by tko/ko in the second round

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

mailburner wrote: »
    how good is costa?

Always preferred Starbucks myself. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Pettis will need to keep disciplined. He was beating Tony and lost focus iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Pettis is at his worst when he is being backed up, So I expected Diaz to just keep throwing volume punches as he does and walking him down ,

I can't see him stopping Diaz from walking him down backing him up and basically just beaten him up ,

Pettis only chance for me is to hurt Diaz early and gain some respect t , which he can do if he lands a good kick,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Id like to DC win and then retire. Id then also like to see Stipe become the champ after that.
    Diaz to beat Pettis and look for 100mill to fight mcgregor at MSG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Whats this deal with this fight - is it PPV or part of BT sports package ( once you have the Sports Extra package)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Whats this deal with this fight - is it PPV or part of BT sports package ( once you have the Sports Extra package)

Also wondering about this. Also, if anyone has experience with BT ppv, can you record it on the skybox?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It is not PPV, juts BT sports.

Stipe/Petis and Romero all to win....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Petis had one of the hardest open workouts I've seen. Hit his partner with some nice shots. Usually they just prance around. Had to laugh at Diaz smoking the joint too.
    Really excited about this card first in a long time. The clicks on YouTube show how popular Nate is compared to everyone else which I doubted before

Fancy Stipe by KO,
    Diaz by decision and Romero decision

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anybody alive......

mdwexford wrote: »
    Anybody alive......

17 posts in five days...18 now and 5 are mine..wtf

Not sure what's going on
    Im on hols so my fone is my only option

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

What time are we expecting the main card to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What time are we expecting the main card to start?

Most likely 10 eastern which would be 3am ireland

• Advertisement

Most likely 10 eastern which would be 3am ireland

Ah balls.

Card isn’t super stacked.

Main 3 fights are class and really looking forward to the Assuncao v Sandhagen fight. Think Assuncao being underdog is a bit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

mdwexford wrote: »
    Card isn’t super stacked.

Main 3 fights are class and really looking forward to the Assuncao v Sandhagen fight. Think Assuncao being underdog is a bit crazy.

Looking forward to the top end of the card. Romero is always exciting
    Thought pettis was savage against ferguson and intriguing to see what nate does. The main event should be a banger too
    Just threw some ice on my beer...put the kids to bed and let the games begin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

That fight was great. Had a bit of everything. Brawling, takedowns, reversals and even a decent slam.

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    That fight was great. Had a bit of everything. Brawling, takedowns, reversals and even a decent slam.

Was a solid slam. Great fight

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nice finish by Worthy there, 5 days notice and gets it done!

Sandhagen was impressive. Could be a title shot next.

1/10 shot bites the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Has Chael had a ton of plastic surgery? His face looks odd.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Has Chael had a ton of plastic surgery? His face looks odd.

They are all acting fake excited. It's weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Tentative 1st round from Brunson (maybe the ealry head kick had an effect), not much from either fighter thereafter, but have to give that to Heinisch

Advertisement