Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

freephone no. 1800927476 still works, rang today and had no wait time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That number will never be taken down. It's their "complaints" number. It'll get you through to any department you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ugh almost that time of year again
    Currently on 63 euro for variety sports and HD
    That’s the absolute max I’ll pay
    And tbh I don’t even know if i would if we had proper broadband capable of reliably steaming the sports on now tv
    But we won’t for at least two years sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭pj12332

Juwwi wrote: »
    I cancelled 3 weeks ago , TV ,Sports ,Movies , phone and internet.

Agent offered nothing at the time, think he offered something silly like 5% that l said no to and he then just went a head and cancelled the package .

I've received no offers of 35% off to stay .

whats my best way to proceed .

let them switch if off and call back to say before l go with Virgin just wanted to check any offers ?

if its switched off do they then try and charge for the boxes again ?

thanks
    Let it actually get cut off every year. An hour after it is cut off ring up and you'll get the best deal. It is called a "winback deal" for returning customers. I got 50% off my entire package for years but it doesn't exist now apparently and they don't do a discount off the the whole package anymore just the base package ie. youll get 40% off the entertainment and sports and movies packages if you have them. Everything else is seperate. I managed to get half price multiroom too after demanding them to ask manager. That was it. Kids and hd and box sets all 8 euro each now if you want to add them on and no discount.

Moral of the story, if you can deal with it being knocked off for an hour (or maybe a day if it gets cut off on a sunday and the rentention team are not working) then let it cancel. No matter what they offer you to stay you will be guaranteed that when its actually cancelled. Best i was ever offered on the phone when it was still active was 35%. Let it cancel and got the 40% immediately (used to be 50% in the good days haha). Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Current wait times on the phone to SKY is 1 hour, contract is up soon so trying to see if I can get a better price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Valyawl wrote: »
    Current wait times on the phone to SKY is 1 hour, contract is up soon so trying to see if I can get a better price

Wonder if the wait is due to people joining SKY now that nearly everybody in Ireland and probably the UK in next few days will all be at home?
    If it is the discounts will be reduced going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Stewball

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder if the wait is due to people joining SKY now that nearly everybody in Ireland and probably the UK in next few days will all be at home?

More likely people cancelling their sports packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Stewball wrote: »
    More likely people cancelling their sports packages.

About to say this.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Yes she said most people cancelling sports package, she said the call centre closed tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Does anyone know if there's an email address used to cancel? Looking to cancel my sports too, as Leeds v Coventry from 2005 or so doesn't quite interest me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,807 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rushfan wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's an email address used to cancel? Looking to cancel my sports too, as Leeds v Coventry from 2005 or so doesn't quite interest me.
    One way or the other you have to talk to them by phone. If you email them (sorry donk know email address) they will call you eventually but you can only give notice from that date. Call them and you can activate your 31 day notice immediately. Calling 1800 927476 will be free obviously but be prepared for a wait as they are extremely busy it seems, cancelling thousands of sports packs Id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They did cancel my sports package with immediate effect last week in fairness to them, in contract too but they’ve already applied credit to the account for the lost days. It’s absolutely worth doing so and make sure to tell them to cancel with immediate effect, if they can do it for me they should be able to do it for anyone. The notice period wasn’t even mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,807 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Some good news here - sports subscriptions can be paused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Just wanted to share my experience with Sky this morning, cancelled one month ago, rang to discuss sending the equipment back.

Corona virus or not sky expect you to break the curfew, put your health at risk and post their equipment back, if they don't receive the equipment within 60 days they will still fine you up to 300 quid for the Q box, mini box and router.

But hey we will give it back to you when we get the stuff back, they refused all other suggestions of getting the stuff collected by courier or getting their installers to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

kilburn wrote: »
    Just wanted to share my experience with Sky this morning, cancelled one month ago, rang to discuss sending the equipment back.

Corona virus or not sky expect you to break the curfew, put your health at risk and post their equipment back, if they don't receive the equipment within 60 days they will still fine you up to 300 quid for the Q box, mini box and router.

But hey we will give it back to you when we get the stuff back, they refused all other suggestions of getting the stuff collected by courier or getting their installers to collect.

Did they send out the box to you to send the stuff back?
    Tomorrow is D-Day for us, our service finishing as we called on March 2nd to cancel. Haven't received anything from them yet though - even though i think they had said we would be receiving packaging to send it back.

Mr Velo wrote:
    Did they send out the box to you to send the stuff back? Tomorrow is D-Day for us, our service finishing as we called on March 2nd to cancel. Haven't received anything from them yet though - even though i think they had said we would be receiving packaging to send it back.

I received the box for the router still waiting for box for q box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

kilburn wrote: »
    I received the box for the router still waiting for box for q box

Just the Q box to go back from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AussieJim

Has anyone tried to get an extension on Now TV Sky Sports deals? I got a 6 months offer via pigsback.com for Sky Sports and activated it 2 weeks BC (before Corona)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Am on the variety package thats due to go back up to €42 a month after a discounted 12 months .Signed up last year when it was €39 and got discounted price of €31.I called them last week about a new offer or discount fir another 12 months and told best price was €38 but i rang today and cancelled affective 23 rd May .Should i let if cancell for definate before trying to rejoin .Have others got good offers lately after letting it cancel .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ballybro wrote: »
    Am on the variety package thats due to go back up to €42 a month after a discounted 12 months .Signed up last year when it was €39 and got discounted price of €31.I called them last week about a new offer or discount fir another 12 months and told best price was €38 but i rang today and cancelled affective 23 rd May .Should i let if cancell for definate before trying to rejoin .Have others got good offers lately after letting it cancel .

I did get Variety down to 19e - that did mean losing HD though. Having said that RTE and BBC are still in HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

AussieJim wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to get an extension on Now TV Sky Sports deals? I got a 6 months offer via pigsback.com for Sky Sports and activated it 2 weeks BC (before Corona)

The most they would give me is a one month voucher....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ballybro wrote: »

Let it cancel down. Then check your online Sky account an there should be an offer for at least 35% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Let it cancel down. Then check your online Sky account an there should be an offer for at least 35% off.

My reading of last comment was that they asked for cancellation and it'll process in a month from now. If that's the case, then check your account - there'll be a 35% offer there already (or should be, if past behaviour is anything to go by)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Out of contract and currently on the basic tv package, paying 32 a month. Had been thinking of going Freesat/Saorview but would leave it one more year with Sky if they would give me a discount. Are they known to do that just for the basic package and what might I get? And do you have to go and cancel and wait the 31 days before any offers come along?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I had the plug pulled yesterday. No comeback offers by phone or in my account. I had Sky Sports and HD on top of variety.

Same I am now sky free for a month don't miss it one bit, bought a fire stick and Chromecast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I had the plug pulled yesterday. No comeback offers by phone or in my account. I had Sky Sports and HD on top of variety.

That was probably a good whack each month, wonder have they pulled
    discounts while Covid19 is going on?

Surprised you didnt get an offer. Whats the plan, go without or go back to them?

If they're not giving offers I think I might bail on them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'd been paying just over 60 a month on a deal. No sports, not prepared to pay for variety. Logical to cancel. Got this in the mail a few minutes ago!!

• Advertisement

haha thats a joke

Might cancel myself but think I just want it for one more year but only at a discount. Im only paying 32 which isnt that much but tbh most of what I watch is available on saorview anyway. Its easy to justify it monthly but when it adds up to 382 per year for something you could get for free it stops making sense.

Advertisement