Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonpass 10 USD (8.99 EUR) per visit (Airport Lounge Access)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Caranica wrote: »
    Clearly says you can't?

Which?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i think someone here said the RED platinum status expires this jan 31st. after that we can't buy pass for 10USD. if you have already bought pass, then you can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

irish_goat wrote: »
    Which?

Dragonpass T&C and many places on the app

Caranica wrote: »
    Dragonpass T&C and many places on the app

DragonPass website says you can though. And it also might just depend on whether the lounge staff let you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

From the Dragonpass website FAQ:
    Can I bring my guests, who are not a DragonPass members to access the Lounge?

Yes, if you purchased your membership in our mobile app or website, you can bring your guests into the lounge. Please do take note that you will need to have sufficient visit top up in your membership card as one visit will be deducted from it for each guest accessing the lounge. - For memberships purchased before 1st May 2019, you can pay £16 or US$27 to add an additional lounge visit in our mobile app or website. - For memberships purchased after 1st May 2019 you can pay £19.5 or US$31 to add an additional lounge visit in our mobile app or website. If you received your membership from your issuer, please do check with your issuer for more details about rules of bringing guests to access the Lounge.

https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/about/faqs

Italics mine. I don't think anyone on this thread would have purchased the membership from Dragonpass: it would have been a complimentary membership from RED by Dufry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭randombar

galwaydoc wrote: »
    From the Dragonpass website FAQ:

https://en.dragonpass.com.cn/about/faqs

Italics mine. I don't think anyone on this thread would have purchased the membership from Dragonpass: it would have been a complimentary membership from RED by Dufry.

How would the lounge people know how you purchased DragonPass?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Hello from T1 Dublin airport lounge 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

aflossj wrote: »
    I fixed this by logging into dragonpass on its desktop site and changing the email address to one not associated with the dufry account.

Then retried the process and received my dragonpass credentials.

Aflossj thanks for that that worked for me perfectly... youre a star! Had emailed dragonpass cust support and they didnt know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've been meaning to sign up for this for a while but only hot around to doing it today. Unfortunately looks like the HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 no longer works ad sfyet applying it my membership level stays at zero. Does your location make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just did a bit of googling - looks to be gone alright :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Yep, Deal is gone :( Have fun to the people who managed to get it.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I bought a few passes tonight just to have them in case the platinum status reverts.

as per few posts, platinum was supposed to end 31st Jan and pass price would go up.
    checked just now and i still have platinum status and pass price is showing 10USD still.
    so looks like we are ok.
    (even i bought few passes in advance assuming status will go back)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

as per few posts, platinum was supposed to end 31st Jan and pass price would go up.
    checked just now and i still have platinum status and pass price is showing 10USD still.
    so looks like we are ok.
    (even i bought few passes in advance assuming status will go back)

I thought it was supposed to end one month after you signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

So i've already used this twice, once in Dublin and once in Spain. Went with my partner who also signed up for the deal and we both put on a few passes just in case the $10 deal expired.

Interestingly in both lounges they asked if we wanted to put both visits on the one pass, so regardless of whats in the terms the lounges def seem to think its ok. That said we didnt actually try this as we both already had passes but possibly worth a try next time.

The lounges were much better than expected and this is an incredible deal and the price so again many thanks to the OP

Niall20 wrote: »
    So i've already used this twice, once in Dublin and once in Spain. Went with my partner who also signed up for the deal and we both put on a few passes just in case the $10 deal expired.

Interestingly in both lounges they asked if we wanted to put both visits on the one pass, so regardless of whats in the terms the lounges def seem to think its ok. That said we didnt actually try this as we both already had passes but possibly worth a try next time.

The lounges were much better than expected and this is an incredible deal and the price so again many thanks to the OP

that is good to know. as we both have passes but we dont have one for the kid. atleast dont have to pay walk in price for the kid. thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭IrishGaz

Can anyone tell me how how the pass works off the app when you go the the lounge in T2 Dublin?. I have two accounts registered but under my name under two different emails. I have given the login details to a family member and partner has the second one. The two have a pass each and flying out soon. Do you just bring up the Qcode box on the app and scan in on a reader and walk in or do they cross check with boarding pass, read name on app and scan it for you. Why I ask is a both names in app are male & same. the two going to use are a male and female.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

IrishGaz wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how how the pass works off the app when you go the the lounge in T2 Dublin?. I have two accounts registered but under my name under two different emails. I have given the login details to a family member and partner has the second one. The two have a pass each and flying out soon. Do you just bring up the Qcode box on the app and scan in on a reader and walk in or do they cross check with boarding pass, read name on app and scan it for you. Why I ask is a both names in app are male & same. the two going to use are a male and female.

They check the name on the pass against the boarding pass. The pass is tied to the named person only

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Ah gutted to have missed this deal - presume Im too late now to get bumped up to Platinum??

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Ah gutted to have missed this deal - presume Im too late now to get bumped up to Platinum??

Too late for now, but it's come up before so might happen again.

• Advertisement

Apparently you can still buy lounge passes for $10 after the 30 days.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/02/08/latam-drops-787-madrid-frankfurt/

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

If you are still with Platinum card on RED Dufry and your DragonPass membership with $10 deal expired,
    then you can try to do following to avail the same deal again:
    - update your RED Dufry profile with new email address, never used with DragonPass before and once it's done
    - request new membership for DragonPass in RED Dufry app.

It worked for me and new membership with $10 deal is valid for 9 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Hi, Is anyone else seeing the following on the dragonpass app...

When I search for an airport, its only telling me about the dining options available, its not allowing me to view the available lounges at that airport. Thats at heathrow or gatwick I was searching.

I had preloaded 4 passes onto the card and they are still showing as being there.

Hi, Is anyone else seeing the following on the dragonpass app...

When I search for an airport, its only telling me about the dining options available, its not allowing me to view the available lounges at that airport. Thats at heathrow or gatwick I was searching.

I had preloaded 4 passes onto the card and they are still showing as being there.

The app is not working for me also at the moment. The website seems to be working.

My app is the same at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

My app still working and passes still available at $10 (and my current 4 passes still showing fine!)

I can still buy $10 passes. My app just seems to be showing me dining options instead of lounges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

My app is working fine too, I can still purchase visit's for ten dollars.
    I did notice that if you go to your profile and scroll down to purchase membership, you can get twelve months of visit's for $399.
    Seems like a great deal imo.
    I might be missing something though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭wetoutside19

I had the same issue (no lounges when searched) until an hour ago but all looks good again.

Plus you can still buy the $10 passes.

I’ve availed of the $10 pass twice so far in Paris and Budapest. Their lounges are very poor quality(food, seating), I used to have status with BA and Aer Lingus and took lounges(most case far superior) for granted as they weren’t costing me anything, but paying for these sub standard lounges yourself makes you think twice and I wouldn’t pay a cent more than $10 for the DragonPass lounges.

Tbh I’m a bit apprehensive to use on my travel next week because of the virus (their lounges are cramped and crappy finger food out in the open etc). I know this sounds daft considering I’m getting on a plane on the first place.

• Advertisement

The lounges are back for me now.

Advertisement