Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anker soundcore Bluetooth 12W - 27euro

Options
  • 27-01-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

https://www.mymemory.ie/anker-soundcore-motion-b-wireless-speaker-black.html

Features
    Upgraded Edition: Our original Soundcore Bluetooth speaker with bigger sound and stronger protection;
    - Turn it Up: Dual full-range drivers and an oversized bass radiator drop a huge 12W of stereo sound;
    - Pool Party Proof: IPX7-rated casing offers impermeable protection, even during complete submersion;
    - 12+ Hour Playtime: Listen more and charge less thanks to a high-performance Li-ion battery;
    Specifications
    High-efficiency 2600mAh Li-ion battery
    Up to 66ft range
    Smart assistant
    12 hours of incredible sound
    12W of intense audio power
    IPX7 waterproof casing
    Dual 1.75“ full-range drivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

odddavey wrote: »
    https://www.mymemory.ie/anker-soundcore-motion-b-wireless-speaker-black.html

Features
    Upgraded Edition: Our original Soundcore Bluetooth speaker with bigger sound and stronger protection;
    - Turn it Up: Dual full-range drivers and an oversized bass radiator drop a huge 12W of stereo sound;
    - Pool Party Proof: IPX7-rated casing offers impermeable protection, even during complete submersion;
    - 12+ Hour Playtime: Listen more and charge less thanks to a high-performance Li-ion battery;
    Specifications
    High-efficiency 2600mAh Li-ion battery
    Up to 66ft range
    Smart assistant
    12 hours of incredible sound
    12W of intense audio power
    IPX7 waterproof casing
    Dual 1.75“ full-range drivers

It's still on offer, I'm tempted.
    Buy 2 for that stereo effect
    . Pair two speakers* via a single Bluetooth-enabled device for a huge hit of stereo sound; 24W of portable audio intensity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

If you have any doubt about these, dont!

They are a quality unit and I have 3 of them (one original, two soundcore) and I also have a BOSE speaker, and these units hold their own against it.

They also make a great gift which has me tempted to pick up a couple more to gift over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I have an older Soundcore 10w, think it's terrific. Tempted to upgrade to these, how well does the stereo pairing work? And do you need to re-pair everytime you turn both on, or do they automatically sync?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I have one of the older versions of this and it's excellent. If you're on the fence, go for it. It's a great speaker.

I just grabbed myself one of these to use as a bathroom speaker............ I don't even need it

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bought a few of their older speakers, again great value for the money. May pick up one or two for presents later in the year !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Anyone ever get issues with MyMemory and customs? - based on Jersey so this could end up having a VAT/Duty bill attached. Have not bought from them in a while and never had issues previously.. but just wondering if that may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I know it's hard to be specific as such but how loud are these? I had a UE Megablast i picked up on black Friday but found it distorted over halfway and ended up returning. I'm looking for something with some punch so wondering how this may compare or should I be looking at something bigger?

5500 wrote: »
    I know it's hard to be specific as such but how loud are these? I had a UE Megablast i picked up on black Friday but found it distorted over halfway and ended up returning. I'm looking for something with some punch so wondering how this may compare or should I be looking at something bigger?

my similar older ones would be similar enough to my UE Boom , so may not be quite what you are looking for. Because they are relatively cheap, I would use them in construction equipment, and the volume is plenty load enough for that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got the more powerful Soundcore Motion + in the sale. It's very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

Good deal, but tbh if you can afford a bit more you'll see the 20W Anker discounted from time to time for as little as ~Eur45. Worth the extra money for the extra power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

These speakers are terrible.

A comparison to the Soundcore boost will really show you how weedy the Soundcore motion B is.

These speakers are terrible.

A comparison to the Soundcore boost will really show you how weedy the Soundcore motion B is.
    Your not really comparing like with like.
    Motion B 27e, 12W
    Boost approx 60e, 20W

Of course motion b won't sound as good as the boost.
    What u expect?

Your not really comparing like with like.
    Motion B 27e, 12W
    Boost approx 60e, 20W

Of course motion b won't sound as good as the boost.
    What u expect?

At 27 euro I guess its acceptable. But the Soundcore motion B at full price is a bad performer.

A second hand sony XB30 and onwards or a second hand Sound core boost is worlds apart and money better spent IMO. Which both act as a charger for your phone as well.

I have not heard the motion B when paired to a second device. Which im sure would improve the lack luster bass and hard to hear mid tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

At 27 euro I guess its acceptable. But the Soundcore motion B at full price is a bad performer.

A second hand sony XB30 and onwards or a second hand Sound core boost is worlds apart and money better spent IMO. Which both act as a charger for your phone as well.

I have not heard the motion B when paired to a second device. Which im sure would improve the lack luster bass and hard to hear mid tones.

If you're worried about mid-tones then i'm not sure a thread about a €27 speaker is the right place for you

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If you're worried about mid-tones then i'm not sure a thread about a €27 speaker is the right place for you

It actually does matter.

If you want to buy this device and like listening to pod casts and talk radio, then you are not getting a bargain. Its going to be no good and 27 euro wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

These Anker speakers are great while they last, but they have a terrible design flaw, I wrote this review on one of their speakers:
    This was a great little speaker until around the time the warranty expired, as the battery deteriorated around the same time. I know batteries don't last forever, and bought it with the knowledge of that, but what I didn't know, is that the speaker is being powered from the battery primarily, so even when it's plugged in, it's using the battery for the power. This means that when the battery deteriorates, and the speaker is being used with any kind of volume, it will power off because it's too much for the battery, even though there's a constant supply of power.

This becomes a real pain as you'd be listening to music and it would just switch off so it's effectively a disposable speaker, because it's really not usable as a decent speaker anymore. Anker's response to this was:

"Yes, the speaker support playing while charging, however, it doesn't mean we can use the speaker forever by keeping it plugged in all the time. It is the same as our phones, laptops and other electric products which have a built-in battery. If the battery is empty, the device will not power on, even it connects to the power. "

That's not really good enough and I feel it's a design flaw and companies like Anker should be allowing their products to be powered and used to their full extent, regardless of battery health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I have 3 Motion B's and I love them.
    Radio, podcasts, audiobooks bit of music.
    I bought one at £15 and the other two at £23 each in 2018.

What's the general prognosis on the speaker? Only got mine today as was not in the office.

What's the general prognosis on the speaker? Only got mine today as was not in the office.

got mine last week, but have no tried them out. didn't need them, so will just use for presents !!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭basskebab

I bought one last week. I have some minirig portable speakers which are very good and was curious as to what a cheap little one like this would sound like. It's not really a fair comparison as the minirig costs 150!

The Anker feels well made and should last a while. You're never going to get good bass out of a speaker this small but the sound quality at low to medium volume levels is pretty decent. It does really suffer when you go to louder volumes, the treble gets really harsh and tinny and overpowers the bass which just gets lost as it can't match. This is a problem with a lot of cheap small speakers and where the minirigs really shine. They can go loud and still give good bass as they have a larger driver in them.

So it wont match the sound quality of a 150 quid speaker but once you have realistic expectations for a speaker only costing 25 you should be happy. I'm using it when I'm doing DIY as I don't mind it getting covered in dust and dirt and the fact that it's waterproof is an added bonus

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great piece of kit, for the size/price point it's rock solid

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Had one of these but it got nicked then I was on a stag. Great piece of kit, just ordered again cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Any issues with customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Thinking of ordering from site - Any issues to deliver to Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

ordered on 29th no sign and no tracking supplied

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

bennyob wrote: »
    Any issues with customs?

No customs duty applicable on imports with a combined value of less than €150.

VAT isn't collected where it would be €6 or less. The VAT on this would be €6.22 so it's conceivable that it would be collected, along with the delivery company's administration free (€10 for An Post).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭crixos30

Discodog wrote: »
    I got the more powerful Soundcore Motion + in the sale. It's very impressive.

this is an amazing speaker i have mine a week and i think its the best ive owned

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Quackster wrote: »
    No customs duty applicable on imports with a combined value of less than €150.

VAT isn't collected where it would be €6 or less. The VAT on this would be €6.22 so it's conceivable that it would be collected, along with the delivery company's administration free (€10 for An Post).

I think.its a lot less than 150

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I think.its a lot less than 150

No, €150 is the exact limit for customs duty. There may well be no customs duty applicable anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Quackster wrote: »
    No, €150 is the exact limit for customs duty. There may well be no customs duty applicable anyway.

We shall disagree on this one,I think it's 26 Euro, including postage costs before they can charge you.

An post collect and process the charge at a cost of 10 euro on top of any customs charge.

Unsure what other delivery companies charge.

Advertisement