Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonpass 10 USD (8.99 EUR) per visit (Airport Lounge Access)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Also it says in the Dragonpass app "Unused top up visits can be refunded anytime"

So worth buying a bunch now even if you've no plan necessarily to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

If I buy this now, will it be ok for use in April? Or does it expire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

If I buy this now, will it be ok for use in April? Or does it expire

Yep, valid for 1 year, so if you buy now you have until Jan 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭randombar

Just for the kids, what's the story with registration, can I buy all the passes in my name and use 2 for the kids 1 for me and one for the mrs?

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Just for the kids, what's the story with registration, can I buy all the passes in my name and use 2 for the kids 1 for me and one for the mrs?

Apparently not. It says in the app that the passes can only be used by the card holder. Your missus would need her own app and passes as would a kid over 2 years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

This is brilliant. I've used the Revolut Premium/Metal Priority pass before for approx €25 per entry (so not great) - they can be a life saver if you don't have the status for a regular airline lounge, and some are quite nice and include free food/beer. Ideal for a long layover. Even 10 usd for the dublin airport one is a good deal. (approx €9)!

Great BA for frequent fliers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

enda1 wrote: »
    Also it says in the Dragonpass app "Unused top up visits can be refunded anytime"

So worth buying a bunch now even if you've no plan necessarily to use them

As far as I can tell, the only way to refund unused passes is to call a number in Taiwan. It's worth bearing in mind as with 3 calling Taiwan costs me €0.50 a minute.

It's still a fantastic bargain even if I don't use all the lounge passes. I have Priority Pass which gets me into lounges for £20 a visit which is the cheapest I've seen until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I got it sorted, thanks. I had to go into the apps setting in my phones settings and click on "Ask every time" for opening options. This forced the app to bring up the page you referred to about transferring to Dragonpass.

Thanks again to all for your help.

irishbloke77 - I'm having the same issue - under Settings, what do I go in to to find "Ask Every Time" ???

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Cynortas

Does anyone know if this is worth it for terminal 2 in Dublin? would be a morning flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Weirdly, a mate of mine signed up for this and almost immediately google notified him to say that a strange device signed into his account (samsung galaxy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dutchy

Is the app not working for anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Suckit wrote: »
    Weirdly, a mate of mine signed up for this and almost immediately google notified him to say that a strange device signed into his account (samsung galaxy)

Got this too. Was then prompted to sign into google again

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Only wrote: »
    irishbloke77 - I'm having the same issue - under Settings, what do I go in to to find "Ask Every Time" ???

i) Go into your phones "Settings",
    ii) Click "Apps & Notifications",
    iii) Click "Apps Info",
    iv) Click on the App "Red by Dufry",
    v) Click on "Open by default",
    vi) Click"Open Supported Links",
    vii) Click "Ask Every Time".

That should be it then. Hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Got this too. Was then prompted to sign into google again
    He changed passwords, went to this
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3067630?hl=en

and shows two other devices (Samsung Galaxy, and Other 'Android')

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zzyxxx

redcup342 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Might be interesting for some of you, handy little trick for getting cheap lounge access at Dublin T1 and T2 and Cork (Plus around 800 lounges around the world)

Register with Red by Dufry
    https://sso.dufry.com/register

After you have registered, you will first get the silver status, which brings at least 5% discount in all Dufry shops. If you now go to your profile in the app which app? and scroll down a bit, you can simply enter HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 under "Promotion code". After updating, the platinum status should then be displayed in the app.

With this status you get a 10% discount in duty free if you get one from Dufry. On the other hand, you should have received an email at the same time with access data for DragonPass (Dragonpass is a PriorityPass alternative) make sure you save it somewhere.

Download the Dragonpass App, use the details in the e-mail to register.

Note: If the e-mail with the access data for the DragonPass does not come automatically as with us, you have to go to "Airport advantages" in the app and then "Lounge access". To do this, you must have selected an airport as the home airport that also has a lounge (e.g. Dublin). Then you will be forwarded to the application. At this point, the app sometimes hangs, just try it several times.

After that you should have Dragonpass access free for 1 year, meaning you can buy access to a lounge for 10 USD (8.99) you cannot bring a guest though so they would need to perform the same procedure to get access for 10 USD.

Use Revolut/N26 for extra currency savings :)

Happy lounging :D

Thanks for this, will come in useful if I can get the instructions worked out!

Which app are you referring to at the beginning? Do I need this app or can I just sign up at the link you provided?
    Do I need to download both Dragonpass and a Dufry app? Is that "app called "Dufry Red" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

i) Go into your phones "Settings",
    ii) Click "Apps & Notifications",
    iii) Click "Apps Info",
    iv) Click on the App "Red by Dufry",
    v) Click on "Open by default",
    vi) Click"Open Supported Links",
    vii) Click "Ask Every Time".

That should be it then. Hope it works

Thank you very much for posting but my phone is different and I can't seem to get the settings right (Samsung Galaxy S7) ... Hopefully someone else has figured it out that has a similar phone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Your Red platinum membership is only for 30 days and your level on red determines how much you pay for your dragon pass lounge vouchers.

where does it say red platinum is valid for 30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

VG31 wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, the only way to refund unused passes is to call a number in Taiwan. It's worth bearing in mind as with 3 calling Taiwan costs me €0.50 a minute.

Actually there's a UK phone number and an email address in the contract section so presumably you can use these to refund your passes instead of the Taiwan number.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Had anyone ever used this card successfully. Reviews saying that people were not allowed access to lounges.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

IMG-20200118-091425.jpg

2 drinks per person? There goes my opportunity to get thrown off a flight for the first time for drunk and disordingly behavior.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    IMG-20200118-091425.jpg

2 drinks per person? There goes my opportunity to get thrown off a flight for the first time for drunk and disordingly behavior.

It's not really enforced unless you get rowdy I imagine

Basq wrote: »
    IMG-20200118-091425.jpg

In my experience that's just to stop people going mental and lashing back 10 beers before the flight, it's not really enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

When I click 'I Want It' in the red app, and submit, I get 'Your Request Cannot be Processed' and an oops message.

Anyone else get this or know how to get around it?

Edit: Sorted, I just kept trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Greg81

Hello from Dublin Airport Business Lounge. No problems to get it. DragonPass was accepted. No questions asked.
    Once again thank you OP for great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Guys can anyone help ?

Dufry app is telling me I already have a Dragonpass account but I can't seem to link them ? Basically I don't seem to have a membership number on Dragonpass therfore cant buy the Lounge voucher. Maybe its my phone too ?

Anyone chanced getting young kids in on the parents card? 20 for me and the mrs but would cost 40 for all of us, not sure if it would be worth that.

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Anyone chanced getting young kids in on the parents card? 20 for me and the mrs but would cost 40 for all of us, not sure if it would be worth that.

Kids under 2 are free, over that they need a pass.

Kids under 2 are free, over that they need a pass.

Yup, 6 and 3.

The fact that I cant use my passes and need to register them separately on a different device is turning me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

In my experience that's just to stop people going mental and lashing back 10 beers before the flight, it's not really enforced.

Pity they don't do that in the airport bars before people get on a flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Flying out of Cork airport in two weeks. Might give this a go.

What's the Cork airport Aspire lounge like?

Advertisement