Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quiz marque 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

feargale wrote: »
    Correct.
    India
    Your question?

Sorry for the delay. I work, and some say, an exhibit in a Museum. (The cheek). There was some confusion over the last few days but it seems I have 3 weeks off.

Anyhow.. Question, music.
    Which album and artist had 741 weeks in the Billboard Hot 200 Album Chart.

Easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Michael Jackson?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Whitney Houston - I will always love you? Céline Dion with My heart will go on? Westlife with one of theirs? Take That? The Beatles? How many straws have I clutched?

New Home wrote: »
    How many straws have I clutched?

Shakin’ Stevens?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Shakin’ Stevens?

I beg your pudding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Ah lads, its Dark Side of the moon,Pink Floyd

I just happened to be watching a YT interview with Alan Parsons today, the recording engineer on DSOTM

It'll be a while before I think of another question.....

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Ah lads, its Dark Side of the moon,Pink Floyd

I just happened to be watching a YT interview with Alan Parsons today, the recording engineer on DSOTM

It'll be a while before I think of another question.....

Correct, some hmmmmmm interesting guesses but Floyd it was.
    I also watched that interview with Alan Parsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OldRio wrote: »
    Correct, some hmmmmmm interesting guesses but Floyd it was.
    I also watched that interview with Alan Parsons.
    Alan Parsons, a name I've not heard in a few years. Now I'm off to unearth my copy of "Eye in the Sky" and give it a listen.

Also happy to listen to Hans Zimmers rearrangement of "Eclipse" (Pink Floyd DSOTM) on the Dune film trailer. Looking forward to hearing that in full.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Update summary: awaiting answer to IrishZeus' question and a new question from Bonzodog2.

looksee wrote: »
    Update summary: awaiting answer to IrishZeus' question and a new question from Bonzodog2.

Will give it till 4pm

• Advertisement

Will give it till 4pm

He was the only person to win two unshared Nobel prizes.

Name 3 people to win two prizes? You have two already

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He was the only person to win two unshared Nobel prizes.

Name 3 people to win two prizes? You have two already

Maxwell?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Maxwell?

Nope

Bump. Will give it till the morning.

It looks as though Bonzodog isn't giving us a question, I'll put up another one tomorrow to keep things going.

Apologies for the delay. Whats special about the number 1729? Its not a date thing.

Darn, I used too know that, I can't remember now.

Bump. Will give it till the morning.

Frederik Sagner
    Marie Curie
    Linus Pauling
    John Bardeen

I’ll come back with another

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay. Whats special about the number 1729? Its not a date thing.

It appears on a bottle of something. Eau de Cologne?

I think you are thinking of 4711 :D The quiz number is one of those numbers that I totally don't understand that is a prime (or some such) number that can be divided by itself and multiplied out to find the distance to the sun. Or something.

• Advertisement

I think it was more a mathematical thing, something that Sheldon Cooper would have known

No. Its a maths thing, its the smallest number that has a particular property

I only know that a friend of mine is obsessed by 3 of those 4 numbers (i.e. 2, 7 and 9 in any combination) and keeps coming across them is the most unlikely places (e.g., he buys a new computer and the box he receives has 729 on it, his booking number for a flight might contain 927, his new code for broadband (defaulted in, not chosen) might have 972 in it, the pizza delivery guy's moped has 297 on the number plate, his receipt n. for the order is 792, etc. It's beyond coincidental, at this stage. I've tried to be on the look out myself for other numbers, e.g. 1, 8 and 5, but they're not as frequent at all at all.

OK.to keep things moving, 1729 is the smallest integer that is the sum of two squares in two different ways.

An easier one for ya, which is "The Windy City" ?

Seattle?

Waterford - no, really!

New Home wrote: »
    Seattle?
    looksee wrote: »
    Waterford - no, really!

No and no

It’s Chicago I think?