Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Recommendations wanted - I'm looking for wireless replacement for the regular wired iPhone headset.

I use my wired iPhone headset all the time - I'm probably wearing it 2-3 hours a day, either listening to podcasts while walking, or making calls at my desk. I don't listen to music much, and I'll be pairing with an iPhone.

No preferred brand and no budget limit - I'd be willing to pay for the AirPod Pro if they're really that much better than the competition, but if there's something else out there that's 99.9% at 50-60% of the price I'm good with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I got one of these delivered today. You get what you pay for I guess :)

As far as cheap ones goes its right up there. Sound it not too bad. Although bass not as strong as suggested in the description - immersive bass and all. M30 plus will probably be the same.

Then again probably my expectation was a bit high. I already have a Sony WF-1000XM3 which has a fantastic sound and bass. End up making comparison with this which is wrong.

I got these to use it when out on a bike. Sony ones are expensive and I am always a bit concerned as not to drop them when out cycling.

I got these today also, I'm surprised at how decent they are at that price. Great fit, going to try them on a run now.

Changing songs / volume by touch is a big fiddly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭54and56

Trojan wrote: »
    Recommendations wanted - I'm looking for wireless replacement for the regular wired iPhone headset.

I use my wired iPhone headset all the time - I'm probably wearing it 2-3 hours a day, either listening to podcasts while walking, or making calls at my desk. I don't listen to music much, and I'll be pairing with an iPhone.

No preferred brand and no budget limit - I'd be willing to pay for the AirPod Pro if they're really that much better than the competition, but if there's something else out there that's 99.9% at 50-60% of the price I'm good with that.

If you're an iPhone user and serious about call quality then the AirPod Pro's are unbeatable IMHO. Got a set for my wife who loves music and is on work calls all day long and she loves them. The ANC on them is exceptionally good if you work in a noisy environment.

I'm an Android user and recently bought the Samsung Buds Live for similar reasons where call quality was a high priority and I'm incredibly impressed with them. For open ear or "Live" style ear buds I can't believe the quality of the sound, the range of volume and in particular the bass. Once you figure out how to wear them they are so comfortable and unobtrusive that you'll forget they are there.

Call quality is the best I've ever experienced (can't compare to the AirPod Pro's as I haven't tried those) and the app gives you lot's of control over the sound and touch actions etc.

The ANC is "Live ANC" which means it cancels out most of the low frequency droning sounds but leaves the higher frequency sounds in. This is deliberate and suits my needs as I want to be aware of my surroundings not off in my own world all the time.

I got these today also, I'm surprised at how decent they are at that price. Great fit, going to try them on a run now.

If you haven't had touch pad's before it is but I quickly got used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

They were fantastic on the run and thats with a hard sweat going. Barely noticed they were in, snug fit.

Very happy with them

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, 54, much appreciated. I decided to try the ENACFIRE E60s to see what they're like. If they don't work out I might spring for the Airpod Pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

McMurphy wrote: »
    I bought these back in may or so, and can wholeheartedly recommend them, great sound from them, and fit nice and snug when on a run or out on the bike.

Worth every penny of what they're asking.

Just ordered and checked all reviews thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jjoncik

I got Mifo O7 from https://earbuds.ie/product/mifo-o7/. I like them, long battery life, superb look and excellent sound quality

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

They were fantastic on the run and thats with a hard sweat going. Barely noticed they were in, snug fit.

Very happy with them

Just decided to order a spare backup pair (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0832GH4WF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d95zFbBR8NB2K) to be kept in the car and was offered a £5 money off voucher in the Amazon checkout so accepted and the total cost paid in £, delivered FOC to Dublin (I'm a Prime member) was £18.32.

Hard to believe such quality is available for €20!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Managed to get the m30 plus for 24 a few weeks back. After the QCY (great, short batteryl and soubdpeats(constant drop outs) etc I was very impressed. Only difference with the plus is the larger capacity battery pack. I would buy them again...
    Use b&w wired for most things, but when you're working outdoors at weekends, the m30s are perfect. Lose one? Not to worry...
    54and56 wrote: »
    Just decided to order a spare backup pair (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0832GH4WF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d95zFbBR8NB2K) to be kept in the car and was offered a £5 money off voucher in the Amazon checkout so accepted and the total cost paid in £, delivered FOC to Dublin (I'm a Prime member) was £18.32.

Hard to believe such quality is available for €20!!!

I decided to try the ENACFIRE E60s to see what they're like. If they don't work out I might spring for the Airpod Pros.

I just got the E60s. The sound quality for music & podcasts is ok, and a test call was reported as "ok" by the recipient. However, there's a tonne of voice reverb when making calls that I don't get on the wired iPhone headset.

(When I say voice reverb, what I'm talking about is hearing your own voice coming through as a strong base like when you stick your fingers in your ears and say something).

This could be something that's endemic to all wireless earphones, but it makes it pretty much unusable for me. For context, I have 17 calls scheduled for today - that much reverb kills the option of using these.

Can anyone confirm if the Apple Airpods (regular or Pro) have this kind of reverb? Am I doomed to sticking with the wired headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ It will be more or less the same for all the ear buds.

You probably need something over the ears for that many calls. I use these 2 when WFH:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jabra-Wireless-Bluetooth-optimised-communications-Red/dp/B0716JG1S1/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jabra-Stealth-Bluetooth-softphone-smartphone-Black-Grey-Silver/dp/B00TOV4YNA/

Both are very good.

Sennheiser PXC 550 are also quite decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

^^^^
    If you looking for a wireless headset for calls i can recommend this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082WDHC5Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've been using mine since May and its great.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Received these last week, not impressed with sound quality at all, gonna return them, I'm surprised as they get such a huge number of positive reviews.

FFS ordered after reading positive reviews here and on Amazon,maybe it’s your ones that are faulty, I’m not expecting an orchestral experience but as long as they’re not tinny

I did some more testing with the ENACFIRE E60s, listening to podcasts, music and doing a couple more calls.

They feel very secure in the ear, no fear of losing them.

The touch controls are a bit annoying when you're not wearing - it's very easy to start a podcast or music playing by picking them up and hitting the touch surface. On the other hand, the touch controls are fantastic when they're actually in use - my only criticism is there's a second of lag to pause. Other than that, the single click, double click and hold to change volume are all brilliant and become intuitive very quickly.

Sound quality:
    Music: sound quality is good but not perfect
    Podcasts: sound quality is perfectly good for voice podcasts
    Calls - there are 3 aspects to consider:
    1) I can hear the other party just fine (same as a voice podcast)
    2) They can hear me just fine (it's been reported to me as better than my car handsfree bluetooth, but not as good as the iPhone headset)
    3) Unfortunately, the reverb of my own voice makes it unusable for frequent calls

They're certainly great quality for under €40, just not quite right for what I need them for.

FFS ordered after reading positive reviews here and on Amazon,maybe it’s your ones that are faulty, I’m not expecting an orchestral experience but as long as they’re not tinny

To be honest it sounds like there's a pair of socks covering them.

I've had much better in that price range and to see that they were £80 odd quid is ridiculous. Clearly just trying to market these as better quality than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I just got the E60s. The sound quality for music & podcasts is ok, and a test call was reported as "ok" by the recipient. However, there's a tonne of voice reverb when making calls that I don't get on the wired iPhone headset.

(When I say voice reverb, what I'm talking about is hearing your own voice coming through as a strong base like when you stick your fingers in your ears and say something).

This could be something that's endemic to all wireless earphones, but it makes it pretty much unusable for me. For context, I have 17 calls scheduled for today - that much reverb kills the option of using these.

Can anyone confirm if the Apple Airpods (regular or Pro) have this kind of reverb? Am I doomed to sticking with the wired headset?

After trying loads of different wireless and true wireless in-ear earphones I finally bit the bullet and went for the Apple Airpods (regular). Really happy with them.

The problem with in-ears is that it's a bit pot luck with what you get with regards to the fit, it's not as if you can try them on. I've found that the connection to devices on other earphones have been really sketchy. No such problem with the Airpods. I find it really easy to switch from iPhone to PC for Zoom/MT meetings and back again.

The sound quality of the microphone for meetings was really important for me and so far no problems, on other sets it was terrible.

Only slight problem I have with them is that I use them for running also but the left ear needs to be adjusted a bit to make sure they stay in but I think you can get latex covers that help with that so no biggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,575 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Took a punt on the E60s as the main use I'll have for them is in bed at night so noise cancellation etc not as big a deal (I have my Bose QC35 IIs for that) and they've arrived with this morning's post.

Having briefly tested them with a few Youtube/music videos I think they're pretty good to be honest. The charging case (USB-C connection which is good see ) even supports wireless charging so it's sitting here on the pad as we speak - bonus :)

Happy with them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone ever use Airpods with an android phone. Need a set of wireless headphones in the mould of Airpods for phone calls, can't use those soft tip headphones for calls. Have a set of ENACFIRE that are alright but have to put smaller tips in for phone calls but they come loose at times, so hesitant in buying a set of Galaxy Buds or Sony WF-1000XM3 because of the soft tips.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever use Airpods with an android phone. Need a set of wireless headphones in the mould of Airpods for phone calls, can't use those soft tip headphones for calls. Have a set of ENACFIRE that are alright but have to put smaller tips in for phone calls but they come loose at times, so hesitant in buying a set of Galaxy Buds or Sony WF-1000XM3 because of the soft tips.

Try the Buds Live, best call quality earbuds I've ever used and no soft tips but are incredibly secure and comfortable. I forget I'm wearing them.

IROpUXQ.jpg

Good review here

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Took a punt on the E60s as the main use I'll have for them is in bed at night so noise cancellation etc not as big a deal (I have my Bose QC35 IIs for that) and they've arrived with this morning's post.

Having briefly tested them with a few Youtube/music videos I think they're pretty good to be honest. The charging case (USB-C connection which is good see ) even supports wireless charging so it's sitting here on the pad as we speak - bonus :)

Happy with them so far.

I would be interested to know how comfy they are to use in bed and if they have an annoying low battery warning beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

54and56 wrote: »
    Try the Buds Live, best call quality earbuds I've ever used and no soft tips but are incredibly secure and comfortable. I forget I'm wearing them.

IROpUXQ.jpg

Good review here

have you tried the regular galaxy buds to compare them?

These are the best budget wireless headphones I purchased. The sound quality is excellent.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Headphones-SoundBuds-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B07N8RYGC4/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Anker&qid=1600980169&sr=8-6

I will return the Enacfire E60 and go for some ear buds from Anker.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i got ones off mymemory.ie that look a lot like that for 14euro oneo https://www.mymemory.ie/oneo-bluetooth-sports-wireless-earphones-black.html
    good sound and battery life etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,575 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Weyhey wrote: »
    I would be interested to know how comfy they are to use in bed and if they have an annoying low battery warning beep.

In bed and have them in as I type this and they're not bad. They come with different size earbuds so you can just pick the right fit.

The bass isn't great to be honest but depending on the app you use, you can improve it a bit.

For 30 quid they're not bad though the touch sensitivity can be annoying. I'd be happy to disable that entirely (you can't) as I control things from the phone anyway

I'm happy enough but if this wireless buds idea grows on me (was more an impulse buy to try it out) I will probably invest in a proper pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Linklike Fly 10

Best earbuds I've ever bought and I've tried many. I'm usually always dissatisfied with the maximum volume level of earphones/earbuds on phones, but this one is incredible with crystal clear sound and huge bass. They are very comfortable and I use them for everything from running to work. The battery life can last a week. All for 40 or so euro. Can't recommend them enough.

Esse85 wrote: »
    To be honest it sounds like there's a pair of socks covering them.

I've had much better in that price range and to see that they were £80 odd quid is ridiculous. Clearly just trying to market these as better quality than they are.
    Ah no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭webpal

Anyone ever used boom buds?

40% off with code wrkit40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

sugarman wrote: »
    Bought a pair of noise cancelling TaoTronics TT-BH085 for ~ €30 last week on Amazon and received them yesterday.

Have to say I am very impressed with them so far.

Build quality is excellent, very robust. Cant see them breaking too easily. Only thing I'll say is I do find them a little tight, but I'd say thats more so coming from using a PS4 Platinum headset that have much bigger cans and a lot more padding.

Sound quality is decent. Rich with decent level of bass. Nothing fancy, middle of the road stuff with no additional EQ or Bass settings built in or anything. As you would expect with budget headphones. Just power on/off, vol up/down and N/C on/off.

Noise cancellation is top notch, works really well. Although there is a noticeable low hiss off them when on. Not all that noticeable with music, more so with audio speech / podcasts. Annoying when there is nothing on.

Bluetooth and pairing is spot on, working seamless on both my PC and Phone.

Charging is quick enough too, uses a type c usb cable and comes with one in the box. Supposedly you get 40hrs of use out of each full charge.

Also inc is a 3.5mm audio cable that you can use if you run out power / dont want wireless ...as well as a decent fabric storage bag.

Would recommend giving them a go, definitely great value for money.

Got the same ones off Amazon last week. Very good for the price. Nice build and sound. Worth the money

Advertisement