Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Connors jewellers in Harold's Cross

• 22-02-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Does anyone know if they've gone under? We got engagement and wedding rings from then a couple of years ago and were hoping to get them cleaned there but their website has disappeared and they're not answering the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Helmet wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they've gone under? We got engagement and wedding rings from then a couple of years ago and were hoping to get them cleaned there but their website has disappeared and they're not answering the phone.

You can get your rings cleaned at another shop or buy the cleaning agent and do it yourself?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Really just wondering if they're still on the go. We were told at the time that they would routinely clean them at no cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dinnydee

I am the same..going ring shopping with my BF this weekend and from some reviews of O'Connors on a similar thread I was interested to check out their stock but tried Ive tried ringing and no answer and their websote seems to be shut down??Anyone got information on them to perhaps save me a wasted trip??Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I think it is in GENERAL agreement that it closed down years ago :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ana_conda

What road exactly are they on I live in Harold's Cross and there is a jewelers just up the road at the junction of Sundrive

If that's O'Connors its still open.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 otooled6

Anybody hear anything about this?
    It's definitely not closed for years as I was in there a few months ago, but the phone number isn't working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hey,

I have it from very good authority that they are gone, my neighbour is a friend of the family. No idea on the details but as far as I know they went at least 6 months ago?

We went looking to get our wedding bands from them, as we got my engagement ring there, and couldnt get through at xmas time.

Sorry for the bad news!

The shop and signs are still there, just gates are always locked, phone rings out and website gone.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Hi there
    O'Connor's closed down sometime between November and December 2010.
    Myself and my fiancée (now my wife!) looked at rings there in November, but when we went back in December for a second look, the place was closed down.
    Seems that quite a few jewellers are going the same way too.
    My mother bought her engagement ring in O'Connor's in 1960, so I was sorry not to be able to continue the 'tradition' there too... :(
    However, we bought our engagement ring from Hervé Coulon (off Clarendon St) - another jeweller who I believe was due to close in March 2011?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cubby O'Connors?

http://www.cubbyoconnor.ie/

Friend got a ring there was very happy we got a quote and its not at the races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Rew wrote: »
    Cubby O'Connors?

http://www.cubbyoconnor.ie/

Friend got a ring there was very happy we got a quote and its not at the races.

Its not the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yes it's gone alright - I believe they owed the Revenue money.

Advertisement