Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way to transfer contacts from Nokia N97 mini to HTC Desire HD

• 31-01-2011 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭

I did a quick search could not find anything so sorry if asking something that has been asked before.

What is the best way to move my contacts from Nokia N97 mini to HTC Desire HD?
    I could blue tooth them over but takes a while - I have about 400 contacts
    Is there an easier way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Back your nokia contacts to google?

Then google to android?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Do you have both phones? Both use MicroSD cards?

On your Nokia, backup your contacts to memory card.
    Then put the memory card in the Desire HD and turn on phone.
    Go to People, press Menu button and select Import/Export and Import from SD Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Coyote

I found the bluetooth option the best I moved all my info (old txt msg, contacts, calender and other stuff) from my N96 to Desire HD that way, only takes about 2-3 min to setup and then it copy's everything over, for my 150 contacts think it was less than 10 min

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You can sync direct with google

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

I found the best way was to get PC Suite (not the Ovi Suite as doesn't work) and connect the Nokia, back up contacts and export as a csv file then import that file to Google contacts via gmail.
    Think it works best if you have these in Google before turning on the phone 1st time, seen it on here somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Got it done thanks - quick question what is the best way to move my photos/vids?

Also when I try to do a blue tooth it say it is coming in but needs to be accepted- I don't seem to have an option to accept anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Got it done thanks - quick question what is the best way to move my photos/vids?

Also when I try to do a blue tooth it say it is coming in but needs to be accepted- I don't seem to have an option to accept anywhere?

have to pull down the task bar on the top, scroll it down , has all the little icons up on top which expand when you drag it down. When I got the phone first it took me a while to figure this out!

For photos and vids best way is to transfer to computer and then transfer from computer to your device!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

kgt272 wrote: »
    have to pull down the task bar on the top, scroll it down , has all the little icons up on top which expand when you drag it down. When I got the phone first it took me a while to figure this out!

For photos and vids best way is to transfer to computer and then transfer from computer to your device!

Thanks have to admit it took me all day to work out to pull the task bar on the top :P Great phone though - especially towards my rubbish nokia - now I need to find some good adds- don't suppose you know how to get the video part on the SKy news app to work- i couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DavidIzaak

You may Google "Phone Transfer".

• Advertisement
Advertisement