Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This weeks Classic Irish bargains that I'm not buying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

weadick wrote: »
    A one owner Volvo 480, possibly by a priest according to the ad. Hopefully it isn't as bad as the it looks underneath and someone will save it...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volvo-480-es/9310596

Haha, that's pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

that capri, zip 41 was for sale a few months ago around the 3500 euro mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

kyote00 wrote: »
    911 FZO is mine .... will probably regret selling it...

For some reason the Reg seems very familiar to me, fantastic little car which you'll probably regret selling as soon as it rolls out the gate.
    Good luck with sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kyote00 wrote: »
    911 FZO is mine .... will probably regret selling it...

Very nice! I've fond memories of going on a 3 week camping holiday in France in the early 90s with 4 adults in an '80 R5 TL just like yours. Two big tents, 4 sleeping bags, 4 air mattresses, tables, chairs, kitchen equipment and all our clothes, towels, etc. How it all fitted in that car I'll never remember :D

I do remember the 45BHP was adequate, but not to attempt overtaking unless you could see clear on the Route National for a good kilometer or so :D

How come it has been out of NCT for a few years if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭kyote00

It actually has an Nct up to April and is in for next one in 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭kyote00

Most of its early life was in Balbriggan, then in Celbridge/Maynooth. I got it from a guy in kilkenny last summer.

Previous owner told me it was used in a Lotto advert --- but I could never find it
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    For some reason the Reg seems very familiar to me, fantastic little car which you'll probably regret selling as soon as it rolls out the gate.
    Good luck with sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

Redrocket wrote: »

Ye should've bought it so . plate must be worth at least that much to TWINK .

I actually know the previous owner of your car

I remember him saying about the lotto ad

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Justjens

Something doesn't feel right about this, an E type for under 10K. Anyone contacted Kimberly for a look?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1967-jaguar-e-type-1967-series-one-4-2-coupe/9316628?offset=4

1967 JAGUAR E TYPE 1967 SERIES ONE 4.2 COUPE

(Age 1 hour)
    For Sale in Co. Dublin

41165041.jpeg
    41165042.jpeg
    41165043.jpeg
    41165040.jpeg
    Make / Model
    Year Jaguar E-Type
    1967 Transmission Fuel Type Engine Size Manual Petrol - Body
    Miles Two Door Coupe
    67,000 Road Tax
    NCT Due -
    -
    This exceptional original right hand drive, 1967 4.2 Series One E type Fixed Head Coupe is one of the last of the most desirable series one cars to be built and is finished in Signal Red with Black leather interior and sits on sparkling chrome wire wheels. It was the subject of a very sympathetic restoration some years ago whilst keeping its original black leather which is still in very good order indeed. The car looks beautiful and drives just like a great example should.
    To arrange a viewing please contact me at : kimberlyhuebnerr at gmail.com

Price: € 9,000

It's a scam, the car is on pistonheads for €100k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Trollhättan

It's a scam, the car is on pistonheads for €100k

Yep, scam....was just about to post the same...

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/jaguar/e-type/jaguar-e-type-4-2-fhc-1967/4030624

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Redrocket wrote: »

It was actually up for under 3000, i remember as I wanted to view and missed out as it sold quick, It had a Sierra engine and 5 speed box then.
    It needed a fair bit of body work then, I wonder was anything done to it since?
    If there hasn't there's a lot better bargains out there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

I think you're right, I think maybe it was around 2700, and for sale in longford. I liked the look of it, but I live a little far away to go look at it, and already have the garage full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Umm, NO
    However i could be tempted by the safranne

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Umm, NO
    However i could be tempted by the safranne

I won't lie, I'd love that Maestro

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

You're a sick puppy then! :pac:

Having driven a 1275 Maestro many moons ago I can honestly say it was a steaming pile of cack. A 2.0 litre diesel one wasn't much better, but a 2.0 EFi one at least had some poke.

I like BL tin, but I've not much love for the Maestro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

macplaxton wrote: »
    You're a sick puppy then! :pac:

Having driven a 1275 Maestro many moons ago I can honestly say it was a steaming pile of cack. A 2.0 litre diesel one wasn't much better, but a 2.0 EFi one at least had some poke.

I like BL tin, but I've not much love for the Maestro.

Yeah, but it has a Padre Pio sticker on the windscreen:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I looked at that Safrane and Maestro last year. A nice guy selling them but I didn't bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

I drove the first Maestro prototype out of its assembly bay back in early '78 !!

• Advertisement

I think he wanted 800 for the Maestro then which was ludicrous money. If I had the cash I'd seriously buy it for the lolz

I think he wanted 800 for the Maestro then which was ludicrous money. If I had the cash I'd seriously buy it for the lolz

That sounds about right, the Safrane was 600 iirc.

Given I missed out on a mint Safrane a few weeks previously that had nct & tax that went for less I wasn't biting.

w124man wrote: »
    I drove the first Maestro prototype out of its assembly bay back in early '78 !!
    Jealousy doesn't describe my feelings right now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭w124man

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Jealousy doesn't describe my feelings right now :cool:

Did I really post that?

Anyway there were two SEP's (SEP 4 & 5) made at the same time and they didnt look a bit like the finished article! The first SEP's were Allegros with proper suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

i sold a good few of these maestros to a fella down in wicklow,he was converting them to diesel as apparently they have a golf gearbox

i sold a good few of these maestros to a fella down in wicklow,he was converting them to diesel as apparently they have a golf gearbox

How long ago was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

off topic but...
    I remember watching a program about UK reps and their company cars.
    One guy when asked about his Diesel Maestro burst into tears and sobbed "the company has basically pulled down their pants and shlt on me!":eek:

You couldn't argue in fairness.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    off topic but...
    One guy when asked about his Diesel Maestro burst into tears and sobbed "the company has basically pulled down their pants and shlt on me!":eek:

I remember watching that!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭welder

Wish I'd seen that a few weeks ago to reshell my racing Maestro....before I sent it out for extensive welding and bodywork !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

RobAMerc wrote: »
    off topic but...

Here it is :D

Advertisement