Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Over on another forum people are starting to receive Shipping Notifications from the US Banggood warehouse. They were originally expecting a May 15th ship date like a lot of us. There may be light at the end of the tunnel for us out of the Spain warehouse as well soon if stock starts arriving in there as well.

For those of you that won in the lucky draw one of the US guys said his order changed from refunded to processing and then shipped shortly after and received his tracking number.

Stick with it guys - we are not going to get a drone like this for less than € 300 delivered from anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Daibheid

There's some signs of a shipment arriving in the US warehouse. Too early to tell as it could be Bangood airfreighted in a pallet load to stem the building tide of cancellations.
    Or maybe they did ship a container load on schedule to the US and got one away to Spain too although I haven't seen anyone got a unit on an ES order.
    People are getting units direct from China within a few weeks so others are now starting to place a second order from China and simply planning to cancel the other when one ships.
    It's not a bad strategy for abused consumers but it's disastrous for Bangood. It's called phantom demand in supply chain parlance and can lead to lots of resources tied up in unsold and unwanted inventory.
    It's getting interesting as Bangood feel the pressure mount but they are shipping from China at a higher price than early bird discounts but maybe not too bad compared to the July 15 dates increasingly mentioned for ES orders
    It's currently $409 from China with a coupon.
    They've also cancelled at least one early bird order to Australia so maybe more of the Zino 2 strategy of welch on discounted orders to sell at a higher price?
    Let's hope US supply is now sorted and some ES deliveries appear or a double order might be a season saver for just a few dollars more -as a cowboy once said.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

some hope for earlier delivery....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44660339&postcount=18939

Just been on the BG chat, they have confirmed stock to arrive in ES warehouse on 8th June, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but at least it's earlier than the 10th July they were stating a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

I ordered mine from aliexpress, it is shipped and expected on the 10th June. Purchased from the fimi store

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I ordered mine from aliexpress, it is shipped and expected on the 10th June. Purchased from the fimi store

Nice one! Let us know when it arrives. Would love to hear your experience with it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Thebeast078

tedpan wrote: »
    Nice one! Let us know when it arrives. Would love to hear your experience with it too!

My first non DJI drone. Looking forward to see what it is like.

Another interesting development. You can no longer order from the Spanish or US warehouses. Maybe just temporary until they clear the backlog.
    Also there are indications that the existing spanish orders will now be shipped out of Czech. They were far less impacted by covid and are further opened up than a lot of other European countries.

This was also added to the product page on their website
    Note: Sorry for delayed delivery time for the pre-orders in overseas warehouse due to supplier's delay in delivery and long transport time from CN warehouse to overseas warehosue by sea and railway. About 3000PCS X8 SE 2020 are in transit to overseas warehouse so far and most of backorder will be processed in June. Thanks for your support!

Hang in there lads it will come !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Tweaky wrote: »
    Another interesting development. You can no longer order from the Spanish or US warehouses. Maybe just temporary until they clear the backlog.

and the price has increased to $479.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

I just ordered on AliExpress. It was €355 all in. This is my first drone so hopefully will be a good introduction. Hopefully the seller will help with the taxes as communicated in chat. Looking forward to hearing feedback when people receive them.

What accessories have ye bought? Would have been handy to get the care package but wasn’t an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

CFC007 wrote: »
    I just ordered on AliExpress. It was €355 all in. This is my first drone so hopefully will be a good introduction. Hopefully the seller will help with the taxes as communicated in chat. Looking forward to hearing feedback when people receive them.

What accessories have ye bought? Would have been handy to get the care package but wasn’t an option.

If I could get it for €355, and some kind of guarantee of no extra on taxes, I'd be all over it and would cancel my Banggood order right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I just ordered on AliExpress. It was €355 all in.

did you get discount codes to get it for 355?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Good price. Was that from the official Xiaomi store or a reseller? Can you share a link please?

Official FIMI store on AliExpress.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUiD0Hh
    garion wrote: »
    Good price. Was that from the official Xiaomi store or a reseller? Can you share a link please?

No it’s on offer for $400, paid with Revolut.
    ablelocks wrote: »
    did you get discount codes to get it for 355?

No it’s on offer for $400, paid with Revolut.

So, what are the risks regarding extra customs charges?

You’re at risk for circa €140 in customs charges but seller said value will be under so will have to take their word on that.

You’re at risk for circa €140 in customs charges but seller said value will be under so will have to take their word on that.

They're going to say that value will be under about €26? Will that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If you are buying via the FIMI store on Aliexpress remember to use topcashback for 8.25% back aswell ;)

It will lessen the blow of any customs too if its caught.

Thanks I’ve cancelled and reordered. Tracked now £26!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

E126 is a big increase on the overall cost. Do you have an expected delivery date? Would you mind posting back here please on whether you got hit with customs or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm on the fence with this..
    The sorting centres are operating at half capacity afaik, so they may not want the extra workload of looking out for items marked under their real price.

The way most sellers get around tax, is to ship it to a repackaging centre in the EU on a pallet.

Marking them under €26 has worked in the past but usually for much smaller items. I have bought fairly big drones for much less than €26 in the past, so it may or may not be believed.

If they do stop it, they may ask for an invoice and bank statement (which can also be easy enough to produce depending on the person looking into it).
    But, just unsure if that would get through marked for €26.

I would prefer if it was rerouted.

Hopefully everyone that has ordered it from there will get it without any extra fees, and post an update here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

FIMI store on AliExpress have confirmed that they are declaring the X8 SE as "toys" and at $20 value on their declarations.

That doesn't guarantee you won't be stung for customs, but it does offer a chance.
    If customs do stop it, they will contact you asking for an invoice before they settle on a clearance amount.

The Fimi store price is $399(@€;370) buying via topcasback gives 8.25% cashback so total price that way assuming no customs will be @€;340

Not a bad deal IMO, but it does carry a customs risk of @€;95 inc handling fee which you could always offset with the TCB cashback I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

I ordered mine later than most so my order always had a ship date of 15th June. It's a Chinese site so I just assumed I'd be lucky to get it before August but I just checked it now on the app and it's listed as "Processing"

unhappyBB wrote: »
    I ordered mine later than most so my order always had a ship date of 15th June. It's a Chinese site so I just assumed I'd be lucky to get it before August but I just checked it now on the app and it's listed as "Processing"
    Seemingly there is a shipment after arriving or about to arrive in Czech and they are going to ship from there.
    Has anyone else’s order status changed ?
    I won in the lucky draw and I’m still showing as refunded. People on another forum are seeing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Tweaky wrote: »
    Seemingly there is a shipment after arriving or about to arrive in Czech and they are going to ship from there.
    Has anyone else’s order status changed ?
    I won in the lucky draw and I’m still showing as refunded. People on another forum are seeing the same thing.

Same as yours - showing as refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Same here still showing as refund.. still happy to wait...if it gets here by August I'll be happy off for 2 weeks then..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So, tonight is the night some reckon they may be shipped from CZ. There has been no update/change on my page, but I believe they won't be in work in Hong Kong for at least another 4 hours, so it may still happen.... 2254.png

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Suckit wrote: »
    So, tonight is the night some reckon they may be shipped from CZ. There has been no update/change on my page, but I believe they won't be in work in Hong Kong for at least another 4 hours, so it may still happen.... 2254.png

I'll believe it's being shipped the day it arrives at my apartment 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

It looks like there’s finally some movement from the Spanish warehouse. People have begun to receive updates saying their “item is being packed”.

The June 12th shipping date might be genuine after all.

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    It looks like there’s finally some movement from the Spanish warehouse. People have begun to receive updates saying their “item is being packed”.

The June 12th shipping date might be genuine after all.

Mine has updated from refunded to processing which is definitely a step in the right direction

Advertisement