Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

patrickc wrote: »
    quick question

I placed an order for collection, I got a text with a reservation number and it said we'll text when the item is in store for collection.

it's supposed to be there tomorrow and I've to travel for it, so what do they mean by their text? it's not there but will be?

They will send you another text when its in store. Dont travel until they do. I have reserved items before which never then arrived to store although it said it will be available to collect between certain dates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭patrickc

dan786 wrote: »
    They will send you another text when its in store. Dont travel until they do. I have reserved items before which never then arrived to store although it said it will be available to collect between certain dates

thanks got another text and item was there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Really is an awful website items their which haven't been in stock anywhere for months. How are they still in business, badly run company.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    How long does Argos on eBay site usually take to deliver?
    Thanks
    Mick

Watch was delivered Friday..so not bad really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Solaris10 wrote: »

Brilliant thanks, we're going to a 7 year olds party today so between this and the Porsche we're sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Anyone know how to successfully pay for an order on argos uk from ROI?
    They keep canceling my order.
    Will be working in Derry tomorrow and wanted to pick up a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

No more price scanner hasn't been updated since Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No more price scanner hasn't been updated since Tuesday

Is it gone forever or just not working at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Hasn't been updated on anything since Tuesday so your guess as good as mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Hasn't been updated on anything since Tuesday so your guess as good as mine

Seems the same on all sites too not just Argos. Maybe an update as it's had a slight makeover a couple of weeks ago and there was talk on here from the site dev about looking into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

corsav6 wrote: »
    Seems the same on all sites too not just Argos. Maybe an update as it's had a slight makeover a couple of weeks ago and there was talk on here from the site dev about looking into it.

I think that was checkargos.com, which is a different site.

I think that was checkargos.com, which is a different site.

Is it not the same dev?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos still not updated some of the others did this morning hopefully just a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 49 maxiiim

Hi All

www.pricescanner.ie Argos is updated now, rest will be by the end of today.
    Sorry, server runout of space ).

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,299 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does the Salter bathroom scale do stones and pounds or just kilos and pounds?

maxiiim wrote: »
    Hi All

Thank you!

Thank you. I use pricescanner every morning, it's an excellent site.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hi All

Thank you!

Thanks! Just got a load of really cheap 3DS games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hi All

Thank you!

Thanks!

Is there a certain time that they are updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone know how long they usually take to give delivery time ? Ordered Monday and got confirmation and it said would receive delivery email within 3 days .Still haven’t heard anything and they don’t ans emails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Stupid question, but when reserving an item that isn't in stock, do you need to wait for another email before you can collect it?

As in, I reserved an item yesterday, it wasn't in stock in my store, but it said "Order now for collection from Tuesday-Thursday". So, can I collect the item today, or do I need to wait until another email comes in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Wing126 wrote: »
    Stupid question, but when reserving an item that isn't in stock, do you need to wait for another email before you can collect it?

As in, I reserved an item yesterday, it wasn't in stock in my store, but it said "Order now for collection from Tuesday-Thursday". So, can I collect the item today, or do I need to wait until another email comes in?
    They text you when it's ready for collection.

Wing126 wrote: »

Also bear in mind that if you didn't get a text/email with an actual reservation number, then it won't be coming in. Sometimes they allow you to reserve an out of stock item, when it isn't coming into stock.

If you did get your reservation number, then you'll get another message when it's available in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Basil3 wrote: »
    Also bear in mind that if you didn't get a text/email with an actual reservation number, then it won't be coming in. Sometimes they allow you to reserve an out of stock item, when it isn't coming into stock.

If you did get your reservation number, then you'll get another message when it's available in store.

Thanks a lot! I got the reservation number so it should be coming in to the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Been trying to reserve a petrol hedge trimmer (either of 2 models) for the last few weeks on Argos.ie but no sign of any stock. The other day the listing was updated to show that it was reduced. Incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8670542/Trail/searchtext%3EFOSSIL+SMART.htm

Fossil smart watch. Dropped to lowest price (119e) as was previously looking at getting this at much higher price.

Music player on it, is the biggest plus when compared to Huawei smartwatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Think the same ones are 99 down in kildare village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭This is it

aidz wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8670542/Trail/searchtext%3EFOSSIL+SMART.htm

Fossil smart watch. Dropped to lowest price (119e) as was previously looking at getting this at much higher price.

Music player on it, is the biggest plus when compared to Huawei smartwatch

Charging daily will break your heart, bad enough that most phones have to be charged daily too. You'll get decent smart watches that can last 5-7 days, and even some lasting 10-12 days with slightly less functionality for not much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Canonfan wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy Cellular 46mm Smart Watch link

Birthday present sorted for my husband, I still have a code for mahon point cork if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Does anybody know the Current policy for Honouring prices my confirmation email stated price as 59.99 but was charged 84.99 in store will return item if they don’t honour the price I reserved it at but wondering do I have a chance of receiving refund for the over charge ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Ryath

Canonfan wrote: »
    Samsung Galaxy Cellular 46mm Smart Watch link

I have a code for one in Limerick if anyone wants it. Has to be collected tomorrow.

Advertisement