Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso. Free machine. No subscription

• 26-06-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭

Add 200 x vertuo capsules.

Then add one of the 199euro vertuo machines.

Machine will be free at checkout!

Mod Edit:> https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

893bet wrote: »
    Add 200 x vertuo capsules.

Then add one of the 199euro vertuo machines.

Machine will be free at checkout!

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭893bet

Nespresso direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Didn't work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Are these not the newer capsule that you cannot get cheap capsules as it's patented?

• Advertisement

Are these not the newer capsule that you cannot get cheap capsules as it's patented?

Yep, dear ones too
    Assume it works cus it's on their homepage

That is correct. You can only get these pods direct from Nespresso or one of their boutiques.

Yep, dear ones too
    Assume it works cus it's on their homepage

They can work out cheaper than the other old type as they offer larger pods if like me you regularly use 2 of the old ones to make a single cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It would want to be free. Those Vertuo machines are like a printer that can only run genuine cartridges. You can only use the original pods which are 59c each. The machine has a barcode reader built in to the mechanism for this purpose.

They can work out cheaper than the other old type as they offer larger pods if like me you regularly use 2 of the old ones to make a single cup.

So they're cheaper if you used to use 2

ie They're nearly twice the price, but a bit bigger.

They dear and you have to buy from Nespresso

• Advertisement

So they're cheaper if you used to use 2

ie They're nearly twice the price, but a bit bigger.

They dear and you have to buy from Nespresso

I prefer Nespresso. I need to use 2 old ones. So 80 cents a cup.

With these one pod will do the required volume so 60-70 cent a cup.

Didn't work for me

Add pods, then machine, view basket and it should remove the cost of the machine.

Worked for me 20 mins ago.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

For €200 you would be better off on looking out for the €240 deals that pop up from time to time on Delonghi Automatic Bean machines.

Ok, it wouldn't include the coffee, but bags of beans are so much cheaper then Nespresso pods, it will be cheaper overall after just a few months.

I went from the original Nespresso Machines to a Delonghi a few years ago, at the time I wasn't sure given the expense, but it has worked out as one of the best investments I've ever made. If it broke in the morning I'd buy a new one straight away without hesitation.

It’s 200 pods not 200 euro. Which you can have as cheap 110 euro.

Tough crowd around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It works but you have to go to checkout for it to register, your basket shows full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭torrevieja

IS it worth it in the long run ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It’s 200 pods not 200 euro. Which you can have as cheap 110 euro.

Tough crowd around here.

It’s boards. People read the first few words and skim through the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭KyussB

You can get a decent moka pot and coffee grinder, plus half a years worth of coffee, for a little above the same amount of money. The coffee will be better and cost way less than the capsules, too - saving you money in the end.

These machines aren't worth it even when they're free. Especially as this one is ridiculous enough to reject non-standard capsules.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

torrevieja wrote: »
    IS it worth it in the long run ?

No.

Unless you intend to use up your free pods then bin the machine its not. Much better to get a cheap Gen1 Nespresso machine and have ample pod options long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Have a bean to cup machine myself,

Paid about 185 euros from the amazon warehouse about 4 years ago,

You can buy any coffee bean you like for it and so much cheaper then nespreso I am talking about 14 euros a bag of 1K coffee and that’s for good beans online

You get about 120 cups for 14 euros this weeks out 11.5c a cup of fresh ground coffee that’s the very same as what you get in a coffee shop

If you like coffee buy a bean go cup there amazing value for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Its what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Nowhere in the post does it mention €110, so you can see where peoples confusion is coming from.

Nespresso are such bastards for making you buy this.....Oh wait....free will....

Let’s look at the choices.

So the cost of this is any where from 110-130 euro or so depending on which 200 pods you select. Let’s call it 120.

For that 120 you can

1) Buy 200 pods, add no machine, pay 120, stare at pods at home wondering why the **** you bought them.

2) Buy 30 Starbucks or go local and get 40 coffees in your local cafe.

3) Buy 500 of the older variation Aldi pods (assuming you have a old machine to use them)

4) Save up some more and buy more bean to cup things a magig if that’s your thing

Or

And the purpose of this thread is similar to the first option,

6) Buy the 200 pods, add the machine, still only pay 120, and drink that coffee.

Lastly, which is what I suggest a lot of the posters do:

Take the 120 (have it in 5 ers preferably with a twenty wrapped on the outside so you feel rich), fold it over so you think you have twice as much again, and shove it back up your tight arse with the rest of your holy communion money for safe keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Tempted but having 5 coffee machines is bad enough + a perculator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I was always a filter coffee man. I changed to Nespresso years ago and wasn't long changing back to beans. The reason wasn't the price, I felt guilty about all the waste going to landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Tazium

This is a decent deal. Got one recently when the machine cost 99 euro with 100 pods free.

Still liking it and just bought a bunch of pods last week. If you like a mug sized coffee it’s great.

This deal can be had for 90 euro if you choose smaller espresso sized pods.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

I got a Nespress Vertuo in January, coffee is great and really handy and recommended it to parents and inlaws, but now the pods ares starting to add up, spend about 50E a month on pods, yes cheaper than going out for coffee but its still a fair whack. Interested in this Delonghi Idea... they all seem to be about 500-1000 quid though on currys.

bk wrote: »
    For €200 you would be better off on looking out for the €240 deals that pop up from time to time on Delonghi Automatic Bean machines.

Ok, it wouldn't include the coffee, but bags of beans are so much cheaper then Nespresso pods, it will be cheaper overall after just a few months.

I went from the original Nespresso Machines to a Delonghi a few years ago, at the time I wasn't sure given the expense, but it has worked out as one of the best investments I've ever made. If it broke in the morning I'd buy a new one straight away without hesitation.

I was always a filter coffee man. I changed to Nespresso years ago and wasn't long changing back to beans. The reason wasn't the price, I felt guilty about all the waste going to landfill.

This bothers me also a little and is actually one of the reasons I use the Nespresso pods as they will take them back in recycling bags. I drop them to the boutique once every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭duffman13

Bought this a few weeks ago, initially wasn't going to buy because they didn't accept compatible pods. Changed my mind and really happy I did, coffee is good and I only drink a cup a day so pods don't feel that expensive to me.

This is a good deal if you want a nespresso machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There are tonnes of compostable pod options now.

Advertisement