Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

• 08-03-2017 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

FURTHER EDIT 19 Aug 18: Now available to everyone, not just students
    EDITED AT REQUEST OF OP
    A new prepay deal aimed at students has been launched called Vodafone X. This offer is officially open to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.

To sign up simply click the image below and follow the sign up with Facebook link. If you are outside the age bracket please read below.

15o9vr6.png

Vodafone X Weekend Deal
    €20 top up every 4 weeks
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    unlimited texts to any network
    +
    UNLIMITED WEEKENDS
    Unlimited data, minutes and texts from 3pm on Fridays until 11.59pm on Sundays

Vodafone X Music Deal
    €20 top up every 4 weeks
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    +
    Free Spotify Premium

Vodafone X Sport Deal
    €20 top up every 4 weeks
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    +
    Free Sky Sports Mobile

If you are outside that age bracket and are not a student you can still sign up but you need to follow the instructions below.

Firstly set up a facebook with your age being between 16-25 or alter the age on your current profile if you have one.
    Then go to the signup link and select your plan you want. Sign in to facebook and let it verify your age. If it cannot verify your age then you cannot sign up as the only other verification method is going in store with valid ID.

If it can verify your age and you get asked for your phone number so they can send you a pin then you are in luck. Proceed to the next step.

If you are not with vodafone then order a free sim here and port your number into vodafone pay as you go.

Once you have your vodafone sim enter in your mobile number and wait for the verification code. Once this is received and entered you will be signed up to vodafone X.

Then you need to go and top up by €20.

If you are signing up for X Music or X Sports then upon topping up you will be sent a link by sms to click on and finish your registration for these services.

Lastly after you are all signed up go My Vodafone and correct your date of birth so if you ever want to lift the web content filter on your account you can by visiting a store with valid ID.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I wonder will they take this hairy student. I have valid student card from the college I attend for evening classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

I read on the Vodafone form that if your between the ages of 16 and 25 you also quality 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I'm with them from the start, get constant phonecalls, but never an offer as good as those.
    And they throw my loyalty in my face by offering good deals to the group most likely to chuck them aside, the first chance they get.
    One of these days.....I probably still won't leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ColmEm

Okay so how do those of us who don't qualify 'qualify'.

Sorted! Nice, thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I wonder will they take this hairy student. I have valid student card from the college I attend for evening classes.

Well I was in their store on Henry St, Dublin. The girl behind the counter tried to invoke the age clause but failed to notice that someone over 25 could avail of the offer.

She took photocopy of my student ID & processed application. Next time I top up by €20 the plan will be active.

Just set up a Facebook page with your date of birth within the qualifying years. Only takes a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I presume it "uses" the €20 top up every month and you don't get to keep it?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

I presume it "uses" the €20 top up every month and you don't get to keep it?

Ya it says it in the "how does it work" section

When you top up by €20 or more in one transaction, €20 will be debited from your credit and the Offer will activate. This €20 charge will apply each time you top up by €20 or more in one transaction.
    If you need to top up again during your 4 weeks Offer period, it is recommended that you top up by less than the minimum amount so that you do not activate a new offer period of 4 weeks.

On another note, can anyone comment on what Vodafone's coverage / 4g speed is like? With 3 for the unlimited data but the coverage is pretty woeful, definitely considering switching

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cotterman2

Anyone know if you can use this offer when in the UK like you can with 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

LariToper wrote: »
    Ya it says it in the "how does it work" section

When you top up by €20 or more in one transaction, €20 will be debited from your credit and the Offer will activate. This €20 charge will apply each time you top up by €20 or more in one transaction.
    If you need to top up again during your 4 weeks Offer period, it is recommended that you top up by less than the minimum amount so that you do not activate a new offer period of 4 weeks.

On another note, can anyone comment on what Vodafone's coverage / 4g speed is like? With 3 for the unlimited data but the coverage is pretty woeful, definitely considering switching[/QUOTE]

In a word, bulletproof. Been ith 3 and meteor and they cant touch Vodafone for coverage and speed

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Don't mean to be turning the thread a different direction, but just noticed the following:

The 20GB data allowance can be used to access the internet via the below Access Point Networks only: wap.vodafone.ie & live.vodafone.com. Tethering over the HS APN or any other use of the HS APN will incur OOB charges.

I know every network technically has something against tethering, but does this clause actually hold any weight? Tethering is essential for me

On another note, can anyone comment on what Vodafone's coverage / 4g speed is like? With 3 for the unlimited data but the coverage is pretty woeful, definitely considering switching
    It all depends on where you are but in general Vodafone is definitely the best. I travel for work quite a bit and have tried a few networks. Wouldn't change from Vodafone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Don't me to be turning the thread a different direction, but just noticed the following:

The 20GB data allowance can be used to access the internet via the below Access Point Networks only: wap.vodafone.ie & live.vodafone.com. Tethering over the HS APN or any other use of the HS APN will incur OOB charges.

I know every network technically has something against tethering, but does this clause actually hold any weight? Tethering is essential for me

It can't connect to hs.vodafone.ie if its not in your phone just use live.vodafone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

If you go with the Sky Sports Option, can you chrome cast it to your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

If you go with the Sky Sports Option, can you chrome cast it to your TV?

Nope. The android app wont cast

Pity there's no free Vodafone-Vodafone calls on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Earth Traveller

Quote: These are available to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.

I very much doubt it is legal to have an age restriction on such an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My devious plan to be 21 again has been put into action. Ordered a free SIM from the site and will port my number over to it. Will then sign up with my 21 again Fb profile! Fingers crossed it goes off without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

I went in to Vodafone today with my student in tow. Was delighted with myself until it was pointed out that it's sky sports 1 & 2 so doesn't really compare with sports package on tv. Also it can only be watched on the phone, can't be mirrored on to Apple TV apparently. Just two pitfalls we discovered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

What student cards do they accept? Any restrictions?

I'd join a FAS course or something to get this deal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭funnyname

Is a student travel card enough?
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    What student cards do they accept? Any restrictions?

I'd join a FAS course or something to get this deal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I find acetone can be handy when spilt on the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

What happens when you turn 26 during this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Went down today to get the simcard wouldn't give it to me because I need to switch on the day receiving it he said I still have a few weeks left on my current provider so didn;t want to waste it? Thought I'd be able to get the sim card and do the rest online

Carroller wrote: »
    What happens when you turn 26 during this offer

Will find out on Monday. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057712200/2/#post102878700

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

FrostyJim wrote: »

Surely it's already been answered in post #4 in that thread, no?

Surely it's already been answered in post #4 in that thread, no?

I missed that. So that's good. Now that I am signed up I can update my dob and get age verified instore to remove web filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Title and OP edited at request of OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I see in the T&Cs for the offer that "4G cannot be used when roaming and 4G is for mobile phone data use only".

Do I get it right that it means there is no data roaming service whatsoever available with this offer? (I might be wrong but the way this is worded, I supposed that when they write 4G they mean data service in gereral)

Advertisement