Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 244 Masvidal v Diaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

That was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

MrStuffins wrote: »
    They might want to get a few treadmills or exercise bikes in SBG HQ!

Well Kavanagh didn't think much of strength and conditioning, recently he's changed his tune...... slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Burgos is an animal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Amirkhani looked wrecked from the word go. Like he was shooting for desperate takedowns immediately because he knew he had 3 mins of gas.

Horrible

So is walker the real deal?

We'll know soon
    Danas night will be ruined if Corey gets a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Smocking display after the first round from Makwan. Kavanagh told him after the first not to go looking for the takedown it took him all of 20 seconds to ignore that. Unusual talk out of Kavanagh then to desperately inspire him for the third :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Walker fought five times last year including three times in five weeks. Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Walker fought five times last year including three times in five weeks. Mad.

And then he dislocated his shoulder in the octagon celebrating a win!

mailburner wrote: »

We'll know soon

He has been impressive since he got into the UFC, but this is a nice step up for him, he's young and improving all the time. Corey Anderson is hit and miss and doesn't have the strongest chin. Walker by TKO is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Diaz by ko/tko
    And there goes another hype train off the rails. :(

Great finish from Anderson though, all started with the typical wrestler’s overhand right.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    He has been impressive since he got into the UFC, but this is a nice step up for him, he's young and improving all the time. Corey Anderson is hit and miss and doesn't have the strongest chin. Walker by TKO is my guess.

Haha, what a win from Anderson!

Whelp. I guess we got the answer.

mailburner wrote: »

We'll know soon

Well holy God :eek:

UFC Golden boy derailed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Corey Anderson showing his recent improvement again. That's a big win for him. I said it earlier that Walker looked impressive but that Anderson beating Glover was a turning point for him.

Diaz by ko/tko
    Really hope that doesn’t mean Corey gets the next shot at Jones. Literally nobody wants to see that fight, he won’t land anything as clean as that on the champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Terrible stoppage there.

Corey was pretty pissed a few days back about being overlooked in general and because of the UFC promoting walker solely

They can't ignore him after that surely

Is there bad blood between these two or something? CA seemed pissed there as if he was settling a score.

Edit just saw mailburners comment. I guess that explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

martyos121 wrote: »
    Really hope that doesn’t mean Corey gets the next shot at Jones. Literally nobody wants to see that fight, he won’t land anything as clean as that on the champ.

I think his win means Dominick Reyes is probably more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

darced wrote: »
    Terrible stoppage there.

Very very early. Makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement

There's almost too much clowning from Walker. He never really got a shot off and rather than react to the overhand right that caught him he tried to pull a face and just got rushed and caught again.

darced wrote: »
    Terrible stoppage there.

Not at all. Walker was done. His legs were gone, he couldn't stay up straight. He was only going to take more damage. There was zero complaint from Walker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Not at all. Walker was done. His legs were gone, he couldn't stay up straight. He was only going to take more damage. There was zero complaint from Walker.

Yep, perfectly good stoppage.

Diaz by ko/tko
    I think his win means Dominick Reyes is probably more likely.

Agree with that, it’s the logical fight to make now with Santos still some ways off returning from the knee injury.

Even Rakic is only a couple of decent wins away from a title shot at this point, the division is as hollow as ever so it’s not a bad time to be a hot prospect at 205.

Yeah I think that was a fine stoppage, Walker was eating nothing but shots since the overhand right landed. He's was wobbling every time he tried to put weight on his legs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Whelo79 wrote: »

He was still upright, this is not boxing. Seen far, far worse allowed to continue. Fighter safety is great and all but I want something more conclusive.

He was 1 or 2 punches away from a stoppage either way but he looked done

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Anyone else missing the audio? Watching on BT Sport on Sky Go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Audio gone for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wasn’t mad on the stoppage. Didn’t think Walker was done.

Kind of baffled how Lewis isn’t a really short priced favourite.

Main event is so hard to call. Can’t picture how the fight is going to go at all.

Advertisement