Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documentary on Brendan scwabb

• 09-08-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

I know that is probably not how you spell his name but I don’t care.

It has some good footage of him as a fighter and he is better than I expected. I don’t pay much attention to him as a analyst. He’s pretty hopeless at that.
    He also seems to be a McGregor fan boy.

The documentary was probably made by someone with too much time on their hands and I’m slightly embarrassed I watched all of it. However I did learn about Brendan cohost who is pretty likeable.

https://vimeo.com/352604749

The previous link was dead apparently due to joe rogan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭cletus

Nah, Callan is just as much of a fücking plank as Schaub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cletus wrote: »
    Nah, Callan is just as much of a fücking plank as Schaub

disagree big time. Callen is hilarious. Hss little to offer in the way of mma analysis, but the ten minute podcast, or any tfatk w delia/sasso are leagues above anything with Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Callen is as funny as a boot in the bollocks.

A know-nothing pseudo intellectual like Rogan with a chip on his shoulder. Fancies himself as a great comic and actor whose just "too real" to have the success he thinks he's due. He's a gob****e.

On that note, I saw Schaub and Rogan talking about mass shootings and Schaub described Rogan as "one of the smartest people" he knows, which tells you a lot you need to know about him.

Schaubs special sucked so bad, it was even worse than Amy Schumers leather special and that is saying something. He will say he got that special because of his “killer work ethic” but everyone knows it was Rogan that got him that special.

I actually like Schaub a little bit, I listen to his below the belt podcast on Mondays. (I skip the first 20 mins where he promotes his crap stand up). He is a good podcaster and can be fun to listen to at times and He was also a half decent fighter in his time.

The guy that made this documentary makes some valid points about Schaub but he was way too harsh on Big Brown :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I like schaub the below the belt podcast is good most weeks. their are some off episodes but everyone has a bad day from time to time. some of the best podcasts he is in are the fight companion ones with him rogan callen and bravo.

as for the rest of schaubs podcasts i love them. tfatk and king and the sting are hilarious as is his comedy special

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus, lads in one thread who find both Schaub and Callen funny.

Alexa, show me my personalised idea of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus, lads in one thread who find both Schaub and Callen funny.

Alexa, show me my personalised idea of hell.

bit dramatic. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I don't listen to TFATK anymore but I used to listen to every show. It's just gotten old.

Like the poster said above, Below the Belt is good but you have to skip the first 20-25 mins because he yaps about his stand up or some boring anecdote from his weekend that nobody cares about.

My favourite TFATK moment was when Callen was still doing his self-indulgent "Dropping Knowledge" bit. He spend a good 35 mins explaining Brexit and how it was about........... the UK wanting to drop the Euro and reinstate Sterling as their currency :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Nothing he does is good, he's more interested in MMA drama than actually talking fights. Gargles McGregor's nuts too.
    Listen to Heavy Hands or something where the people actually know what they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Brendan Knob. Just goes with flavour of the month pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Brendan Knob. Just goes with flavour of the month pretty much.
    So just like 90% of the people here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

D.Q wrote: »
    disagree big time. Callen is hilarious. Hss little to offer in the way of mma analysis, but the ten minute podcast, or any tfatk w delia/sasso are leagues above anything with Brendan.

Callen is one of the worst standup comedians in the history of humanity.
    Pseudointellectual gob****e on podcasts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

MrStuffins wrote:
    Like the poster said above, Below the Belt is good but you have to skip the first 20-25 mins because he yaps about his stand up or some boring anecdote from his weekend that nobody cares about.

MrStuffins wrote:
    I don't listen to TFATK anymore but I used to listen to every show. It's just gotten old.

I used to listen and enjoy the show, but it got old when they kept banging on about how they were killing it in the comedy world. Haven't heard any of Schaubs comedy but I heard Callans and its absolutely sh1t.

Although no one is worse than Rogan. His comedy is downright bottom of the barrel crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Foxtrotter

He's become much more likable since he stopped fighting. I like his show about fighters & foodtrucks or whatever it is.

Advertisement