Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There was a lot of speculation in Canada in particular that it would launch Thursday - based largely on an inaccurate statement made by a senior executive at Bell Canada - but that didn't happen of course. They are keeping quiet about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

originals seems to be working again for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Spoke to a customer rep yesterday (follow up email below) and there's no joy in the forseeable future.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting that you can't stream videos in Ireland. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I've now forwarded your feedback to the Amazon team so that they would know your thoughts about our service.

Customer feedback like yours is very important in helping us continue to improve the experience of using our digital video service. I've forwarded your message to our Amazon Video development team for consideration as we make future improvements.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wonder if they're going for a Christmas launch, hoping for a slow news day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

https://www.primevideo.com/?tag=aftvn-20

Only originals unfortunately, despite their nonoriginal UK shows mostly being unavailable in Ireland otherwise. That's what I wanted it for so I'm not signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Occono wrote: »
    https://www.primevideo.com/?tag=aftvn-20

Only originals unfortunately, despite their nonoriginal UK shows mostly being unavailable in Ireland otherwise. That's what I wanted it for so I'm not signing up.

This is the first line on the website:
    Enjoy exclusive Amazon Originals as well as popular movies and TV shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I've just cancelled my trial sub and won't be going back until they sort out the streaming service.

Looks a mess . I can't find the iOS video app

marcbrophy wrote: »
    This is the first line on the website:

You're right, I just started the free trial. More stuff is there when you get into it. Sorry, I jumped to conclusions.

• Advertisement

You're right, I just started the free trial. More stuff is there when you get into it. Sorry, I jumped to conclusions.

No problem at all! :)
    I just read your post, then the website and got confused haha!

TBH, only originals would not be worth it, so I'm glad the other stuff is there too.

Has anybody found the iOS app , keeps asking me to change to uk store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Is it possible to browse their catalogue before signing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Must check the kids fire tablets when I get home and see if they can now access the videos

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    Is it possible to browse their catalogue before signing up?

No (hence my confusion) but I'm looking at it now. Seems like it has the same as the UK stuff so far but I have no real idea.

• No xbox or samsung TV apps yet so no sale.

EDIT: Also noticed comments on the android store that the app has no chromecast support ?

EDIT 2: You can get an app for xbox if you region switch to UK and back to ireland then.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Buttros

At work so cant really check exactly, but the full press release includes "prime video members can also watch hundreds of popular movies and tv shows from top networks and Hollywood studios"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

EDIT: Also noticed comments on the android store that the app has no chromecast support ?

That could be a dealbreaker!

OK, four shows on Amazon UK that aren't here: Black Sails, The Americans, Outlander, The Walking Dead and Please Like Me.

The movie section also is not good.

The Samsung app is there but it keeps telling me that there is no internet connection when there is

• Advertisement

I reckon the video is probably tied to the .com service. Meaning any exclusive video on the .co.uk service would not be available.

I wonder if there's plans to harmonise the offerings?

Sounds easy to the layman, but Netflix has one of the most fragmented offerings of any service I've ever seen :D

• peteeeed wrote: »
    The Samsung app is there but it keeps telling me that there is no internet connection when there is

Mine does that sometimes, it thinks it has a wired connection instead of wireless so I have to go in and change it to wireless in network settings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bit confused. I appear to have accidentally signed up for a trial the other day, when buying some gadgets.

Now that the video side is in Ireland can you only see certain things if you sign up in full, after the trial? Transparent s3 isn't working, same with Mr. Robot. The Imitation Game is blocked...

Is Prime simply a fancier version of Amazon Video (it's for rentals or purchases) and you have to subscribe to get access?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

peteeeed wrote: »

How old/new is your tv?
    I cant see the app on my samsung tv - I bought it in 2012 or 13

macjohn wrote: »
    How old/new is your tv?
    I cant see the app on my samsung tv - I bought it in 2012 or 13

I addded it from the App menu . Amazon instant video

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JosephPatrick

Just signed up for the trial and there is virtually zero content on it.

Amazon originals, Seinfeld and a small handful of movies and anime. Some kids stuff too. No console apps or chromecast support listed on the website either.

Not worth paying for at the moment anyway.

I took a screenshot of the movie selection if it helps anyone: http://imgur.com/a/LzVWx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I took a screenshot of the movie selection if it helps anyone: http://imgur.com/a/LzVWx
    I've heard of some of those movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Amazon have provided us the worst selection of TV and movies possible, makes virgins measly my prime look impressive. Nothing like the UK selection and definitely not even worth the E2.99, very disappointing from Amazon, clearly it's only a 7 day trial and not a month as normal as that's all it would take to view the content available...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Some kids stuff too. <br>No console apps or chromecast support listed on the website either.
    5 kids things between movies and tv, none of which would be of interest to most!

If you log in to a UK account on psn you can get the amazon app and install it will be available to all accounts

Advertisement