Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Mine arrived today although I got no shipment notification. Thought that was a bit strange but I'm happy nonetheless.

Very happy with my new Ferrari fountain pen.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Two separate orders arrived today. thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    €100 order on the 4th, order confirmed straight away but nothing since. Paid with PayPal, no refund showing.

Me Too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭beachhead

clevtrev wrote: »
    AT Cross seem to be shipping from the UK? Do we assume they are handling the VAT element or will you get stung for customs charges?

I would love to know where these pens are coming from and who is delivrting them.Are the comng from a wareouse/supplier in the ROI or by post or courier from the UK or EU.A lot of courier have decided not to deliver to Ireland this month.That,includes deliveries from well known businesses with a reputation for reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

Ordered the 6th, arrived today. Stacked codes and aimed well below 22€ to avoid hassle.
    Subtotal €15.19
    Tax €3.19
    Total €18.38
    Delivered DHL from UK, pen made in China.
    Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

swingking wrote: »
    Mine arrived today although I got no shipment notification. Thought that was a bit strange but I'm happy nonetheless.

Very happy with my new Ferrari fountain pen.

Thanks OP

You'll be going around like Joey Tribiani now...when he got a Porsche jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got my 2nd and 3rd orders. First one not handed to DHL yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JessM

Codes no longer appear to be stacking. I can use WINTER or my newsletter signup code, but not both. So a max of 35% if I order an outlet product. Xexec20 is no longer working.

€45 pen for €29.25 is a discount but probably not worth jumping at just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Originally placed an order on the 4th. Funds reverted to card on the 11th and assumed my order had been cancelled as I used all the discount codes.

Funds have just been taken out of my account again.

So I am assuming my order is finally being processed.
    Value of 60.

Have people been hit with customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Originally placed an order on the 4th. Funds reverted to card on the 11th and assumed my order had been cancelled as I used all the discount codes.

Funds have just been taken out of my account again.

So I am assuming my order is finally being processed.
    Value of 60.

Have people been hit with customs?

Yes, a few people have reported customs and DHL fee so prepare for additional 20% and €5 for DHL admin.

Post back here either way to let us know if you did get charged, I am in the same position as you - order at circa €60 but order not tracking on Cross and no notification yet so wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Ordered on Jan 1. 3 items. Approx 50 total. No update since. Order still says 'processing' on my cross account.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

My delivery arrived today via DHL.

3 hours later I got an email from Cross saying my order had shipped, so there's some gap in their systems!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭shnaek

3 hours later I got an email from Cross saying my order had shipped, so there's some gap in their systems!

Same here. Order was below €22 so no customs issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

Got my hopes up today when a DHL van reversed into the driveway but it wasn't to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just got shipping notification from cross for the order that was delivered yesterday :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

lawred2 wrote: »
    Just got shipping notification from cross for the order that was delivered yesterday :)

Literally just got mine too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭event

Ordered on 1st January, no delivery or notification yet

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Unknownability

event wrote: »
    Ordered on 1st January, no delivery or notification yet

I'm the exact same but have renewed hope as the money had bounced back to my credit card and was taken back today, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Same as, DHL sent me an email to say it was arriving and then cross emailed

Order was around €18 including postage so no excise.

Nice looking pen. Might save it for one of the brothers. Only way I’d own a Ferrari anyway.

Thanks to the op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

GPkPD3I.png

Still nada here, sent them an email this evening so hopefully they'll lemme know if it disappeared into the ether or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Out curiosity has anyone received an engraved pen yet or got any kind of notification on one ?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

I placed an order on 4 Jan for €21.73 (just under the €22!), for a fountain pen and cartridges. No engraving.

I've had no correspondence from Cross other than the initial order confirmation, but I've just had an email and text from DHL to say that it's due to be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I placed an order with them which was under €22 before delivery fee, but just over €22 with the €4.99 charge. Anyone know if I should get hit with customs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.

Unfortunately our system appears to have more than one discount code applied for your order.

We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes cannot be stacked in this way.

With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.

This will also cancel any pending payment.

Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

We are very sorry for the disappoint this will cause you.

Kind Regards
    George

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.

Unfortunately our system appears to have more than one discount code applied for your order.

We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes cannot be stacked in this way.

With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.

This will also cancel any pending payment.

Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

We are very sorry for the disappoint this will cause you.

Kind Regards
    George

my first order had stacked discounts too and it was processed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭dakar

Now I feel especially bad because I copied my stacked codes directly from GalwayGaillimh’s post and I got my pens already...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Used stacked codes for my refills and received them. Still no movement on the pen though! Hopefully they don't cancel it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

It's exciting if nothing else!

I'm still waiting on mine....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

KinsellaJ wrote: »
    Used stacked codes for my refills and received them. Still no movement on the pen though! Hopefully they don't cancel it!

It's strange how they prioritised orders. I stacked 4 codes and ordered about 10 minutes to midnight on the day the offer ended. Shipped Friday delivered Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I placed an order with them which was under €22 before delivery fee, but just over €22 with the €4.99 charge. Anyone know if I should get hit with customs etc?

Afraid so, it's €22 including delivery is the threshold. I haven't heard of any allowance allowance above that

Advertisement