Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Equality Now Screening

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Do you accept a bank transfer?

Really interested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

oh... I won't be able to get you your money for a few days... Lets hope they aint all gone. Is it allright if I do a little podcasting before and after the event? I need content horribly, as I will be doing the JC and don't want to have to spend all that much time recording when I could be sleeping. ( www.viewfromthequad.com is were to find my podcast. I have interviewed such lovely people as Scott Sigler, JC Hutchens, Tee Morris and Mur Lafferty. I do mostly Sci-Fi and Fantasy talk, as well as a little bit of Audioblog and tech).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Yep Bank transfer is fine. E-mail me dublin.serenityscreening@gmail.com and I'll send you the details.

Sure the podcast is fine, so long is you promise to plug the screening on a show prior to June ;)

Sure I will. Don't worry. You should make a promo for it, and send it out to Firefly Serenity podcasts. If i was not in the middle of the Junior cert, I would fire up my gear and make one for you. Think up a script, however and I will send it off to a pro voice guy to read it, then add some music. Email me about this at talktome@stuffslashersaw.com

The main Firefly/Serenity Podcasts have already been pimping the screenings and I did an interview for Sending A Wave which should hopefully be going out this month.

• Advertisement

Apologies for the double post. Just wanted to give everyone an update.

To everyone who has already purchased their tickets, a sincere Thank You.

To those of you haven't yet done so, I hope to hear from you soon.

Plans are progressing quite nicely. We have a couple of nice raffle prizes, some of which include signed pictures of a few Firefly cast members. There will be an oppurtunity to be entered into a draw to win a place on the Browncoat Cruise, (one finalist will be selected from every city taking part, though you would have to cover the cost of getting to San Diego yourself). And finally we have a CD of the Serenity soundtrack signed by Joss Whedon himself which we will be auctioning off so be sure to bring some cash with you.

So now to the point of this post. I'm trying to decide whether or not to order some of the official t-shirts of the event. Go to www.cantstoptheserenity.com to have a look at what they will look like. It will have the logo on the front and a list of cities taking part on the back.

I won't know the final price until they ship but we will say roughly €20 for now. That may go up slightly.

If you are interested, please let me know as soon as possible and only if you are sure you will buy one. I don't want to get landed with the cost of these if there is no interest. Please be sure to note what size you would want and if you want a men's or women's style.

Sorry to rush you all on this. I didn't think there would be much interest, but I have had a few people asking about it and the order has to be in this week.

Almar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

put me down for one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Oh Don't worry, there will be people of all ages there.

21 Here

Hmm i wonder, since the firefly/serenity fan doc "Done the impossible" has been airned at so many film festivals do you think we can watch it after the movie?

Not in the cinema anyway, we only have it for a limited time.

Paid for my tickets. Hurrah!
    Waiting on word about the T-shirts. If i can pay for them at the door. (which would make my life easier.)

• Advertisement

The T-Shirt order was placed today and I ordered one or two extra in each size just in case, so if anyone still wants one, drop me an e-mail.

Payment for the T-shirts will be taken on the day of the screening.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

I never realised there was such a big Serenity / Firefly following in Ireland! Kickass. I won't be going cus of exams (third year collage exams!) but do ye have meet ups often? I kill to see Serenity in a big screen.

Serenity Day comes only once a year

I never realised there was such a big Serenity / Firefly following in Ireland! Kickass. I won't be going cus of exams (third year collage exams!) but do ye have meet ups often? I kill to see Serenity in a big screen.

Check out the Dublin Shindig thread. Our next one is this coming Saturday.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055092752

Hello Everyone,

A new Serenity Screening Update for you all.

A sincere Thank You to everyone who have booked tickets already and ordered their t-shirts.

We have quite a few nice raffle prizes lined up and we'll have a few extra t-shirts on sale on the day. Also don't forget about the Serenity Soundtrack signed by Joss Whedon which is going up for auction on the day.

For anyone who has been wondering why Equality Now is the charity to benefit from these screenings, I highly recommend reading Joss Whedon's recent post on Whedonesque .

http://whedonesque.com/comments/13271#more

Ok so I have a few decisions to make this week. We are currently booked into Screen 1 in Cineworld which holds 158. However I haven't sold anywhere near that amount. If we don't sell enough we will be moved to a smaller screen holding 95. If you haven't yet booked your tickets or if you know someone who wanted to come but hasn't yet contacted me about tickets - Now is the time.

Hope to hear from you all soon

Almar

kool ill get some tickets from one at the shindig on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Is it possible to pay at the door?

I was really hoping to avoid that. Its just too much hassle on the day and there is far too much else to be organised on the day.

If you e-mail me at the screening address, we can sort a way for you to get the tickets before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dero

I'd love two tickets for this. I hope I'm not too late - I only just found out about it this evening. I've sent a mail to the address in the first post.

Thanks a million to DeVore for posting this as an announcement :D

• Advertisement

Kool didn’t know he was into firefly, if its up as an announcement you may want to think about the bigger screen, did you ask how much they want for screen 17? That early in the morning there would be no one there

Also thats where i first saw Serenity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll nip in on saturday to get a ticket, kept meaning to get around to that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

wha time will this be on at?????

I'd love to go

unreggd wrote:
    wha time will this be on at?????

I'd love to go

16th June

There is also a shindig this saturday at 6.30 but name mentioned in another topic

Actually it is on Saturday 16th June. Doors open at 10. Film starts at 10.30 and I'm asking people to arrive early so we can run the raffle and auction and facilitate t-shirt sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Is that AM or PM?

AM.

It would cost far more in the evening. Especially as its summer blockbuster season.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ah.. that's grand... I'm away in the evening.

I be sure to buy a ticket at the shindig on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Almar, you deserve a medal for all this!
    :)

• Advertisement

Ah shucks. Thank you honey.

Advertisement