Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale, wanted and swaps (post here only or your thread will be deleted)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

w124man wrote: »
    Who me ?
    :rolleyes:
    You know exactly who, you were trying to have a pop about the car being on UK plates.

w124man wrote: »
    No but if you feel the hat fits then wear

It doesn't.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Beautiful car. I am surprised at how good the mpg is for a 4 litre.

My old camper was doing less mpg than that.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,554 ✭✭✭✭unkel

kadman wrote: »
    Beautiful car. I am surprised at how good the mpg is for a 4 litre.

My old camper was doing less mpg than that.

Ad states 25MPG @120km/h which is completely believable. At that speed the size of the engine and even the weight of the vehicle is not that important but the aerodynamics are. And that's where your camper failed :p

I had a 90s BMW 7-series 4l V8 petrol as my main car for years and it did over 30MPG @120km/h. Unfortunately, most of my driving was in Dublin with a commute so overall I averaged about 15-20MPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

unkel wrote: »
    Ad states 25MPG @120km/h

Oh yea - I wouldn't put what I am getting about town in the ad, I'm trying to sell it ! :eek::eek:
    Well, sort of trying to sell it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ryzken

I have this for sale if anybody is interested? :)

www. donedeal .ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-840/26062042

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I will own one of these someday. Good luck with the sale. Nice car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'm trying to track down a DeLorean in the Dublin area for some video work. Any leads would be appreciated.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Noxegon wrote: »
    I'm trying to track down a DeLorean in the Dublin area for some video work. Any leads would be appreciated.

My son was at a special effects convention in the Titanic centre in Belfast in 2016 with a display, and there was a De Lorean in the show as well.

Not too sure whether the guys were from north or south.

But the centre should be able to put you in contact hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭welder

https://www.facebook.com/deloreanireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I have (what appears to be) a complete collection of On the Road magazines from the late 1970s/early 80s. The magazines are in binders and in great condition. My uncle gave them to me years ago but I've no need for them and they're recently moved to the shed - next destination is a skip that I have on the driveway.

I hate throwing stuff out that could be someone else's treasure so PM me if you want to rescue this collection.
    OTR1.jpg
    OTR2.jpg
    OTR3.jpg
    image upload

Also, I have the two Porsche booklets below that may be of interest.

Porsche.jpg

I'll happily post the Porsche booklets but the magazine collection will need to be collected.

I'm not looking for any money - I'd sooner see them have a home rather than coming to a sorry end at Thornton's Recycling.

EDIT: I'm in Terenure, Dublin.

• Advertisement

Hopefully you will get someone to take them. Shame to put them in a skip.

You are too far for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aguestie

Hi, very interested in the Porsche books. I’m close by terenure too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

WANTED: Full set of grey genuine Mercedes floor mats for a W202 in good condition

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tiger31

MGB GT doors. A pair of in good condition, complete less door cards. '68 onwards
    €200

MGB GT tailgate in good condition
    €120

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭JP 1800

crosstownk wrote: »
    I have (what appears to be) a complete collection of On the Road magazines from the late 1970s/early 80s. The magazines are in binders and in great condition. My uncle gave them to me years ago but I've no need for them and they're recently moved to the shed - next destination is a skip that I have on the driveway.

I hate throwing stuff out that could be someone else's treasure so PM me if you want to rescue this collection.
    OTR1.jpg
    OTR2.jpg
    OTR3.jpg
    image upload

Also, I have the two Porsche booklets below that may be of interest.

Porsche.jpg

I'll happily post the Porsche booklets but the magazine collection will need to be collected.

I'm not looking for any money - I'd sooner see them have a home rather than coming to a sorry end at Thornton's Recycling.

EDIT: I'm in Terenure, Dublin.

PM sent, I am 5 minutes away from you if they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Thedarkb

I'm looking for an EP81 Starlet to do up with my grandfather. My budget is €200-€400 and I'm willing to take on almost any complete car provided it has a logbook.

Tiger31 wrote: »
    €120

PM if interested

PM'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thedarkb wrote: »
    I'm looking for an EP81 Starlet to do up with my grandfather. My budget is €200-€400 and I'm willing to take on almost any complete car provided it has a logbook.

I have a 94 running/driving, no rust. One owner before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Tiger31

Tiger31 wrote: »
    MGB GT doors. A pair of in good condition, complete less door cards. '68 onwards

PM if interested

These are now sold

Looking for an engine crane around Kildare/south Dublin.
    Engine stand too.
    Cheaper the better!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Looking for an engine crane around Kildare/south Dublin.
    Engine stand too.
    Cheaper the better!!!

Can't help directly, but did you look into to buying new. That stuff is cheap enough from the likes of Irish Garage Equipment. Quality may not be great, but adequate enough. Might suit you

Testacalda wrote: »
    Can't help directly, but did you look into to buying new. That stuff is cheap enough from the likes of Irish Garage Equipment. Quality may not be great, but adequate enough. Might suit you

I did yea.
    About 300 with a spreader bar and engine stand.
    I'll buy new end of Jan if I don't find a second hand set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Closing the loop on this, I found one:

https://youtu.be/eu5-QOAZhJ0?t=25

Thank you for the help :)

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Hi,

I am looking for a block, head or complete engine for 6 cylinder Triumph.

Anybody breaking an old Triumph or know where there might be one laid up somewhere.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Looking for a drivers side brake caliper for a 1990 Talbot Express, same as the Citroen C25 or the Peugeot J5. These came in both 14" and 16" wheels, mine is the 16"one.
    Thanks

Here are a few items that I discovered on clearing put an old garage.
    I don't know what they are off but the previous occupier had a hackney business and drove Zephers, Consul 305's, Dodge and Ford V8 (pilot ??).

Mostly lenses of different shapes and sizes and a few dash clocks.

I will upload attachments.

Anyway, they are available free to a good home if anyone wants them.

Some more lens etc.

Last few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Hello, I have a 1991 VW Golf white, auto, driver model, 70K genuine miles, lots of history to support the milage,

it needs a little work, but its a nice car, interior is perfect, and it has not being messed about with,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

gally74 wrote: »
    Hello, I have a 1991 VW Golf white, auto, driver model, 70K genuine miles, lots of history to support the milage,

it needs a little work, but its a nice car, interior is perfect, and it has not being messed about with,

What kind of price do you have in mind for it?

Advertisement