Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

kadman wrote: »
    pity the modern car was parked there.

You wouldn't have believed me otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

couple of wedding cars in Dublin over the weekend, and a Level 5 Mercedes

536784.jpg

536783.jpg

536785.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭noelf

Trim today ..

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

A brace of Triumphs near Killaloe:

I pass that garage from time to time. There's usually a 60's Mustang there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

536957.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

The odd bike seems to be permitted here, East Wall on Sunday

bike.jpg

I posted it in the bike forum asking what it is, will update if I get an answer

Yamaha tenere 600. The red one looks like an Indian Honda 50 copy. That tank doesn't look original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

kaizersoze wrote: »
    536957.JPG

Had one of those, same colour, automatic with rear diff lock, Jap import 2.4 diesel. Loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Yamaha tenere 600. The red one looks like an Indian Honda 50 copy. That tank doesn't look original.

It's not a Tank. its' a Motorbike. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Galway
    GCe5fhO.jpg

OzTN3uS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

London this morning

50779127747_40378ff6a7_c.jpg

m17 wrote: »
    Galway (XR3i)

I just saw a red one coming off the M1 an hour or 2 ago. And a BMW M4 (not classic of course but sounded great!), Plus a '96 Polo looking very good.

But I DID get a pic of this in Halfords, Coolock, Dublin. My W123 coupe was parked a few meters away so I hung around for about 2 mins looking at it hoping to meet the owner :)

These must be pretty rare?

jagfront.jpg

jag2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

20210101-162539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^^ Fiat 132?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

^^ Fiat 132?

No, VAZ 2103, based on the Fiat 124.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Told its a lada 6 but not sure just saw it in the garden while out for a walk

Spotted yesterday by my old man in Artane

50785285328_eb3170b77a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My son took this today at the local Super Value. No Idea what it is. The back reminds me of the late 70s early 80s Granada estate. He sait it was a 77 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

sligojoek wrote: »
    My son took this today at the local Super Value. No Idea what it is. The back reminds me of the late 70s early 80s Granada estate. He sait it was a 77 reg.

966748.jpg?b64lines=SVQnUyBBIEdIT1NUIENBUiE=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

Christmas sightings around Greystones..

the blue open 2 seater comes up as a Daimler on cartell but looks like an AC Cobra to my untrained eye - could it be a rebody?
    Also saw but didn't get a pic of a gorgeous BMW 2002 Baur - I thought the E21 was the first of the BMW Baur convertibles but everyday is a school day as they say

538218.jpg

538219.jpg

538220.jpg

538221.jpg

538222.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

That cobra is on donedeal for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

The odd bike seems to be permitted here, East Wall on Sunday

bike.jpg

I posted it in the bike forum asking what it is, will update if I get an answer

Update on this. The red one seems to be an east German 2 stroke 50cc Simpson Star.

Update on this. The red one seems to be an east German 2 stroke 50cc Simpson Star.

Thanks, never heard of Simpson before.

It looks very like this from the Wiki page - Publicity photo of Simson SR 4-3 Sperber:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simson_(company)#/media/File:SR4-3sperber.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Templemore co tipperary
    BaEUa4Y.jpg

Looks to be a few interesting cars there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Haddington Road earlier today. Always something different at this spot

540168.jpg

Just looking at the pic above, do you guys worry about taking your classic out in the rain? I personally check the weather before going out. Am I being too fussy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just looking at the pic above, do you guys worry about taking your classic out in the rain? I personally check the weather before going out. Am I being too fussy?

If I was planning to just go out for the day in it, I probably wouldn't if it was lashing all day. But if I was out in it and it started raining, it wouldn't bother me really. And if I was going away for a few days in it, I'd just roll with it.

That said, I keep it in the garage when not in use, and only put it in the garage once dried. Even when I wash it I'd bring it for a quick spin to avoid water gathering and sitting in hidden places.

Advertisement