Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tobacco stains on fingers?

• 24-04-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I've developed really bad tobacco stains on my middle finger (right hand ) and my index nail beside it. I smoke but they are disgusting and I wanted to know how can you remove the stain from flesh? I've tried bleach but it didn't work. It makes me wanna throw up every time I see them. I have fair skin and it shows up even worse. I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in but I would love to know how to rid them.
    Quitting smoking is out of the question at the minute due to circumstances in my life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Smokers toothpaste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Bleach? Did you not just use soap first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

When you're holding a cigarette make sure the palm of your hand faces the floor with the tip of the cigarette facing the ceiling. This stops the smoke staining your hands.

+1 on smoker's toothpaste. Also try cif cream or lemon juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Baking Soda & hand lotion mixed together should remove the stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Anfield Road

nailpolish remover or lemon juice. Try both they do work and use cotton wool. Good advice on last post!. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

soak in lemon juice for a few mins then scrub with a potato.. should do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Cut your fingers off. Then you won't be able to smoke either so you won't get cancer. Its a win win situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Don't smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

When you're holding a cigarette make sure the palm of your hand faces the floor with the tip of the cigarette facing the ceiling. This stops the smoke staining your hands.

+1 on smoker's toothpaste. Also try cif cream or lemon juice.

Actually that makes sense I tend to hold the cig upright but my palm faces up.. Yes. The stains are really bad I am embarrassed to expose my hands in public.
    Thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

. The stains are really bad I am embarrassed to expose my hands in public.
    Thanks for the advice :)

Hairy palms???????!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Cut your fingers off. Then you won't be able to smoke either so you won't get cancer. Its a win win situation.

The last thing I need is your negative attitude! I know some people are offended by smokers at present and it's not like I am not aware of the health consequences.
    If you have no positive input don't comment and go about your business GOT IT?

dyer wrote: »
    soak in lemon juice for a few mins then scrub with a potato.. should do the trick!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Hydroflouric acid my friend. Make sure you put it in a polyethylene container though and not in a cast iron bath tub because that can get very messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The last thing I need is your negative attitude! I know some people are offended by smokers at present and it's not like I am not aware of the health consequences.

Seriously, start vaping.
    Most of the benefits, none of the death (that we know of, but it's definitely far better than smoking).

As for your current problem, if you still want to smoke, hold it differently.
    I smoked for a decade (rollies, and without filters for eight years of that decade) and never had a stain formation.
    Am confused by the amount of people I know with the stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I stopped smoking my rollies down as much and that helped, always use a filter can't understand fellas with their little bits of cardboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Bleach does work. dab a bit on a cloth neat and rub hard on the stain. Immediately wash afterwards with very hot water and regular soap. Toilet duck or parazone will do the job.

Hydroflouric acid my friend. Make sure you put it in a polyethylene container though and not in a cast iron bath tub because that can get very messy.

Hydrofluoric acid??
    What strength? You are taking the piss :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

saa wrote: »
    I stopped smoking my rollies down as much and that helped, always use a filter can't understand fellas with their little bits of cardboard.

Throat hit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Use a brillo pad. Just soak it in water and rub. Nicotine stain gone in seconds. That is what I used to do when I was a smoker, back in the last century.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

washing hands regular like stops that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I remember when people used to use the 'Friendly' matchboxes to rub off the stains.

Mind you, they had real sandpaper on the sides.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Stained fingers that you can physically see, every day.

What stains will have accumulated on your lungs by now, that obviously you can't see?

Everyone does you damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Ghandee wrote: »

What stains will have accumulated on your lungs by now, that obviously you can't see?

Woah. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Invest in a cigarette holder. Combine with top hat and monocle for maximum effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ghandee wrote: »

thanks dr. phil

/sparks up benson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

thanks dr. phil

/sparks up benson

Burning slaves is wrong admiral, no matter how crap they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Also use alternate hands when smoking-it helps!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Hey, it was only a joke. There really is no need for the aggressive tone.

You should also remember that this is a public forum, that you chose to ask this question in. You're not necessarily going to only get answers you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

How about giving the phucking things up. Smokers are losers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Get a tattoo to cover the stains

Advertisement