Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Archery Equipment For Sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

Thank you Stevebabyface for the kind advice. We all are 5 weeks into our beginners course, so needless to say we know hardly anything about this sport apart from the fact that we all love it. I was told that I need a 70" bow (25" riser with long limbs) 28lb draw and 30 inch arrows.
    Once again thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I have an 11yrvold (12 end of Sept) who is obsessed with archery and has been for about 3 yrs so I know it's not a fad. I would like to enrol him in beginner archery classes.
    Can anyone advise where I might bring him, I live in Blessington, so Naas or Tallaght direction would be ideal. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SteveBabyface

I have an 11yrvold (12 end of Sept) who is obsessed with archery and has been for about 3 yrs so I know it's not a fad. I would like to enrol him in beginner archery classes.
    Can anyone advise where I might bring him, I live in Blessington, so Naas or Tallaght direction would be ideal. Thanks.

Check the Archery Ireland website for the club closest to you - http://archery.ie/clubs/?province=leinster.

In Dublin, Greenhills Archers are in Tallaght, but there might be one closer to you but further out into the counties surrounding Dublin.

Grootbaas wrote: »
    Thank you Stevebabyface for the kind advice. We all are 5 weeks into our beginners course, so needless to say we know hardly anything about this sport apart from the fact that we all love it. I was told that I need a 70" bow (25" riser with long limbs) 28lb draw and 30 inch arrows.
    Once again thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.

At least you have been given some sound advice and know what you need. Keep an eye on Boards.ie, Adverts.ie, Facebook groups such as https://www.facebook.com/groups/aibas/
    and
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401714690057573/.

Then again give Keith Hanlon in Archery Shop Ireland (087 240 6697) and he can set you up reasonably cheaply with new gear that he will help you set up and maintain. There is a lot to be said for having somebody who knows what they are doing set up a bow for you.

Best of luck with your archery career and look forward to meeting you on the line at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Grootbaas

Thanks for the sound advice!

• Advertisement

You are very welcome.

If ever you need advice start a new thread in the archery section. There are several experienced archers who regularly contribute and can give you sound advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

hi long time lurker here!
    picked up a new 55lb compound bow today and looking for some 30inch arrows in fiberglass or aliminum .
    anything considered seeing as its my first bow and ill probably loose some out in the field lol/

based in meath ashbourne

I have a set of 10 - 29" Easton ACC 3-49 (390 spine) for €70.00 + P&P admittedly they may be a little more good/expensive than what you are looking for but they are the right spine (strength) for your bow. If you were interested I could give them to one of the lads in ashbourne Archers and they could also help you on your way to a bright archery future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

davycc, if you haven't already ... get some coaching....and join a club. There's a good one in Ashbourne.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭nixdorfjnr

Hi I was wondering if I could join your club tomorrow night(sorry if Ashbourne is not yours).
    Have been a member of Dublin archers and sportslink archery in the past ,just bought a sf recurve and kit and would like to get back out there again.
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

nixdorfjnr wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if I could join your club tomorrow night(sorry if Ashbourne is not yours).
    Have been a member of Dublin archers and sportslink archery in the past ,just bought a sf recurve and kit and would like to get back out there again.
    thanks

Contact me through the Ashbourne Archers FB page and we can have a chat. Please note our new venue, day and time. (Ashbourne GAA; Tuesday; 20:30 to 22:30)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

davycc wrote: »
    hi long time lurker here!
    picked up a new 55lb compound bow today and looking for some 30inch arrows in fiberglass or aliminum .
    anything considered seeing as its my first bow and ill probably loose some out in the field lol/

based in meath ashbourne

Contact me through our facebook page and we can have a chat.

I have a set of 10 - 29" Easton ACC 3-49 (390 spine) for €70.00 + P&P admittedly they may be a little more good/expensive than what you are looking for but they are the right spine (strength) for your bow. If you were interested I could give them to one of the lads in ashbourne Archers and they could also help you on your way to a bright archery future.

thanks for the offer steve but they are well out of my league:)

Midnight64 wrote: »
    Contact me through our facebook page and we can have a chat.

thanks for getting back to me been following yous on facebook since the club was announced.. ill be in touch some day in the future :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

For Sale

Left Handed set up with Hoyt Helix riser. Everything in the picture is included. It has been a long time since I shot, so forgive me if my pricing is off.

Left handed Hoyt Helix riser, black, like new, not a single mark on it
    Kap Challenger Carbon limbs, 32 lbs, like new, again no marks
    8 Easton redline carbon arrows
    Extra culry vanes, tips, nocks, etc, included
    Cartell carbon stabilizers
    Spigarelli Rest
    Cartell Sight
    Cartell Quiver
    Stand
    2 strings
    Beiter Clicker
    Tab
    Arm guard
    Arrow puller

All in a hard case

All kit has had very little use as I left the sport shortly after purchase. €450 or nearest offer
    IMG_2596_zps8lij9zhh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭nixdorfjnr

Hi ,
    I have 8 new Easton Fatboy arrows for sale @70 euro or trade for A/C/C arrows.
    Shot these 2 ends at the club tonight but think A/C/C 's would suit my recurve bow ,These are more suited to a compound I think
    Easton Carbon 7.1 GPI 500 23 0.0 30 inch uncut with Black/yellow vanes.
    pictures attached.
    Thanks for looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Anyone know how I can edit my post? Want to reduce price to 450. Thanks :)

[mod]Done.[/mod]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Child wants a starter set to try the sport.
    left hander.
    thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DELTA16

Hi all

Hi

I'm selling 4 months old Samick Leopard II (aka Red Stag).

60'' length and 45 Lbs @ 28''

It's a take down bow and comes with an Avalon bag and arrows tube.

Arrows are carbon Easton PowerFlight 500 x 7 and have replaceable points.

Come with Avalon A2 quiver.

All in perfect, as new condition.
    Bought new, have receipts for everything.
    Looking to get 275e for all.
    Images available on Adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Hibrion wrote: »
    Cartell carbon stabilizers

Any chance you would sell this on its own?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Suburbanite

Hi,

I'm looking for a recurve bow preferably Hoyt, with accessory's for starter.i.e. finger tab, arm guard. 25inch riser long limbs. Right hand.

Will swap for reconditioned HP laptop with SSD dive, Intel i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, Windows 10 and office 2016 pro installed + AVG antivirus.

Please PM for more details.

Check some of the Facebook pages - https://www.facebook.com/groups/aibas/965103050225813/?notif_t=group_activity and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1401714690057573/

Do you know what you need or are you just going to take what's offered and hope that it is right? We have all done this at some stage or another. I bought bow and the limbs were the wrong length, so don't be afraid to ask for guidance. Are you in a club or joining a club?

Thanks for the links I'll check them out.

I see the fact I don't have a clue is not going to fool anyone :)

I've just finished my beginners course and need a bow and thought this would be a cost effective way to get started. Really haven't got the money for membership and a new bow in the same week!!!

I might post in the main Archery section to get a better idea of what I need.

I would recommend the membership thing first. That way you should be able to borrow a club bow until you can get your own. If you are a member of a club you can ask if anyone has old gear they want to sell, especially limbs that they have grown out of and at the same time you can ask experienced archers for advice on equipment before you buy it. Buying the wrong stuff second hand works out more expensive in the long run.

Where are you based e.g. what club are you near?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Most clubs have people upgrading stuff. Ask around.

Thanks guys I'll speak to the lads when back at Liffey archers next week and try nail down what size and lbs I need.

They have been very helpful and I'm sure I can pick up equipment there but if I can get a swap for the right equipment I'd take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hi folks,

I'm looking to sell a KAP Winstar II 25inch riser & full starter kit. Everything is in excellent condition, barely used. I bought it for my wife about 6 or 7 years ago when she was getting into the sport she didn't stick with it shortly after. The kit's been gathering dust in the shed ever since.

I'm sorry but I don't even know the names of the various bits and bobs. I'd actually ask that perhaps if you're not interested in buying, maybe you'd let me know what the various items are called so I can improve my listing here or elsewhere!

Everything was bought as a package for just over €500 (I've still got the receipt in the case) and I'm looking to sell for €250.

Also, I'm in Wicklow and I'll happily deliver to any surrounding counties.

cWHuqm6.jpg
    u0GqOMz.jpg
    kv0UxHp.jpg
    sc7Z183.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Top photo: Bow case
    Second photo, top row (L to R): Three finger shooting glove, Arm guard (short), Chest guard, Quiver. Under that is a bow stringer and a Long rod. Under those, a bow sight and a tab.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

Anyone selling second hand equipment?

• Advertisement

Adam Grant

Advertisement