Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭madmoe

For anyone interested I registered and did the training yesterday and the cost was €5

That's great mate!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Finally arrived today.

Looks like it is missing the thumb controller that screw into the controller. Cant see them

Didnt know what I was looking at but seem them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

godtabh wrote: »
    Finally arrived today.

Looks like it is missing the thumb controller that screw into the controller. Cant see them

Didnt know what I was looking at but seem them now!

Godtabh, just wondering where/when you ordered from and how long it look ? Looks like mine is coming from Germany via DHL Paket and is showing as will update status once it has been handed over to An Post in Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ordered on the 27th. Shipped on the 28th. Left spain on the 31st. Arrived in Knock yesterday and arrived today via GLS.

All registered and official now.

Ordered on the 27th. Shipped on the 28th. Left spain on the 31st. Arrived in Knock yesterday and arrived today via GLS.

All registered and official now.

How much did the registration cost you?

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    How much did the registration cost you?

€5.

They must not have increased the price yet.

€5.

Great to hear! I must get mine done soon while it is still a €5.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

madmoe wrote: »
    Great to hear! I must get mine done soon while it is still a €5.

Thanks,
    M

Saw something recently that it is € 5 until Jan 31st and up to € 30 after that

€5.

Nope and for anyone taking the test, not that it's difficult or anything but almost all of the answers are in the blue box to the right of the questions. Took a number of questions to cop it..

Drone arrived, very impressed with it although only taken two short flights. Managed to get the Amazon fire to work with the controller which is a nice cheap screen for €50. Small bit of work to get Google Play store up and running to download the FIMI App but that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

training still €5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭jamesd

I must be the only person who ordered done that isn't making use of it, ordered it with the mat and spare battery and I've only used it 3 or 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

jamesd wrote: »
    I must be the only person who ordered done that isn't making use of it, ordered it with the mat and spare battery and I've only used it 3 or 4 times.

Still using mine after, what, 2 years? Still love it, crashed it more times than I care to remember. So many applications, still improving my videography. Once you get a sweet tracking shot or a properly exposed morning or evening shot you might find a renewed interest. Am still learning how to improve the images.

Unfortunately the batteries don't stand up well to cold temps, had several near misses and one crash landing last few months.

This year will finally get mother of all surfer tracking shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

Hi,
    Any now have a spare battery to sell or a battery that not using any more, please Pm the Price and shipping to Shannon or limerick
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

J_V_C wrote: »

Good youtube reviews.
    You got me interested.
    A lot of negative ship time reviews on BG.
    Did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

J_V_C wrote: »

is it coming from the UK warehouse. will it be hit for customs vat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Good youtube reviews.
    You got me interested.
    A lot of negative ship time reviews on BG.
    Did you order?
    The negative shipping reviews were for the launch which was hit heavily by covid and other issues.

There were many on this thread if you go back.

I ordered at the end of April and it didn't arrive until August, but I didn't post a negative review.
    irishgeo wrote: »
    is it coming from the UK warehouse. will it be hit for customs vat etc.
    No, that poster is just using the UK site for some reason but it is posted from Czech Republic or Spain Warehouse if you choose
    https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-2020-8KM-FPV-With-3-axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-HDR-Video-GPS-35mins-Flight-Time-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-One-Battery-Version-p-1658676.html
    Use code BGMAX8SE to drop the price to €336 and use TopCashBack to get it reduced further after refund.

Other codes that may or may not work for a bigger discount:
    BGFIMIX8CY
    or
    7d18f7[

Suckit wrote: »
    The negative shipping reviews were for the launch which was hit heavily by covid and other issues.

There were many on this thread if you go back.

I ordered at the end of April and it didn't arrive until August, but I didn't post a negative review.

No, that poster is just using the UK site for some reason but it is posted from Czech Republic or Spain Warehouse if you choose
    https://www.banggood.com/FIMI-X8-SE-2020-8KM-FPV-With-3-axis-Gimbal-4K-Camera-HDR-Video-GPS-35mins-Flight-Time-RC-Quadcopter-RTF-One-Battery-Version-p-1658676.html
    Use code BGMAX8SE to drop the price to €336 and use TopCashBack to get it reduced further after refund.

Other codes that may or may not work for a bigger discount:
    BGFIMIX8CY
    or
    7d18f7[

If i go for ES warehouse, it is coming in at 310+9post without discount and shipping 6days.

Ordered from bangood ES. 326 all in.
    Fingers crossed.
    Target is to have fun but also drop fishing luers out as i love a bit of sea fishing.
    Great thread!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Ordered from bangood ES. 326 all in.
    Fingers crossed.
    Target is to have fun but also drop fishing luers out as i love a bit of sea fishing.
    Great thread!!
    Do you have to order some accessorie to do the release and drop?

No ordering yet......I have a cunning plan.

I think there is an accessory. I know that the DJI's had one called paydrop? Something like that. And I am pretty sure there are loads of others and they are cheap.

I haven't had used one so I could be mistaken, but I have a vague recollection of reading about them somewhere. IIRC they are very easy to make yourself, hence the low price. Small enough one button mechanism etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Suckit wrote: »
    I think there is an accessory. I know that the DJI's had one called paydrop? Something like that. And I am pretty sure there are loads of others and they are cheap.

I haven't had used one so I could be mistaken, but I have a vague recollection of reading about them somewhere. IIRC they are very easy to make yourself, hence the low price. Small enough one button mechanism etc.

That was the Fimi A3. That had threaded inserts in the body and an accessory connection port that could be mapped to the controller wheel or button.

That was the Fimi A3. That had threaded inserts in the body and an accessory connection port that could be mapped to the controller wheel or button.
    I'm referring to the 3rd party release accessories. I'm pretty sure you can get them for any drone and are cheap enough. I don't know if you add a floating button on your device screen though or how they work. I haven't ever used one.

I think they are called airdrop or paydrop release.. and as I typed it, prettyy sure it's payload release :o:p..
    The DJI ones were a bit more expensive which encouraged a diy one. But think they are discontinued and now they are all cheap. I have toyed with the idea of getting one but never did.

EDIT -
    Something like this
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002080864877.html

There are loads of youtube videos also showing how to make one.

Has anyone else ordered this from BG Spain recently?
    Said mine shipped on 26th but the track number does not give anything on known carriers.
    Asked BG but just generic reply.

Said mine shipped on 26th but the track number does not give anything on known carriers.
    Exact same here. Ordered 25th, shipped 26th and no update since

That's not even a week, not long at all... Especially not in the current climate and some couriers still going through the UK.
    I would give it at least 10 working days before checking it.

Still no movement on my drone. Feb 26th it said "Package has been sterilized and shipped out" and no update since. 7 business days now and it was EU Priority Mail thats supposed to be 4-6 business days.
    Should I be worried?

• Advertisement

Still no movement on my drone. Feb 26th it said "Package has been sterilized and shipped out" and no update since. 7 business days now and it was EU Priority Mail thats supposed to be 4-6 business days.
    Should I be worried?

Tracking on mine meant nothing, but it arrived yesterday. Hopefully today for you.

Advertisement