Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LGBT and Islam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Ummm.... Ok. I said nowt about them. Do you prefer current Muslim ideals to current Christian? I'm neither so I won't take offense.

Yet here you are
    You hate Muslims, gays and anyone who isn’t you.
    Good luck with that.

Yet here you are You hate Muslims, gays and anyone who isn’t you. Good luck with that.

Not even remotely true. Frankly a horrible thing to accuse anyone of. I'd appreciate an apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DrPhilG wrote: »
    You said he was attacked by Christians. What was the point of mentioning their (presumed) religion?

Why did you presume my child is a he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Yet here you are
    You hate Muslims, gays and anyone who isn’t you.
    Good luck with that.

You're here too, with the hate of Christians and white males.

You might need luck also

Why is that your issue?

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    No sugar , nice drop of milk please

:rolleyes:

Obviously never been in a large office. What do binmen earn these days by the way?

Everyone presumes, you do it yourself.

It isn't a crime just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,186 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I thought you had said it was your son, if you didn't, my apologies.

Why are you avoiding answering the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't find it complicated, just weird. Now if you can show me support for the minority Christians been discriminated against in Africa, Syria and Egypt, by the lgbt community. I'd love to see it.

Why is that my job?

I thought you had said it was your son, if you didn't, my apologies.

Why are you avoiding answering the question?

I'm pointing out that my gay child has been attacked and abused by white christians in ireland but people here are claiming we all need to watch out for the muslims because.........

• Advertisement

You're here too, with the hate of Christians and white males.

You might need luck also

I hate everyone equally. That’s that gods and that gods and that gods and that gods and that gods honest truth.

*weirdly don’t have deranged anti everything bile from Muslims in papers like the Irish Times and national broadcasters like RTÉ
    . Whereas Breda o brien and David Quinn are frequently featured.
    Odd that.

I'm pointing out that my gay child has been attacked and abused by white christians in ireland but people here are claiming we all need to watch out for the muslims because.........

Did you not just assume they were Christians?

*weirdly don’t have deranged anti everything bile from Muslims in papers like the Irish Times and national broadcasters like RTÉ . Whereas Breda o brien and David Quinn are frequently featured. Odd that.

What?

Did you not just assume they were Christians?

White irish males in Dublin city with Dublin accents, yeah....maybe they were Buddhists or Sikhs out on the lash at 2 in the morning :rolleyes:

What?

You never have rea or heard of the enlightened articles from our Iona pals?

I somehow find that hard to believe

White irish males in Dublin city with Dublin accents, yeah....maybe they were Buddhists or Sikhs out on the lash at 2 in the morning

Perhaps atheists or agnostic?

Why is that my job?

Ahh, so you just made it all up then?

Ahh, so you just made it all up then?

What are you on about? Why on earth do I need to provide you the evidence you asked for? I never said lgbt were doing anything in Africa, Syria etc. And only a complete fool would ignore the cultural differences between Ireland and Syria and extrapolate that what I said is happening in Ireland is also happening in Syria etc.

White irish males in Dublin city with Dublin accents, yeah....maybe they were Buddhists or Sikhs out on the lash at 2 in the morning :rolleyes:

Are you deliberately ignoring my previous post and question (again)?

I'll quote them for you, make life easier.
    If that's your justification in saying that he/she was "attacked by Christians" then it's very deceptive.

Chances are they were raised in some denomination of Christianity, yes. But to therefore class them as Christians and (seem to) imply that the attack was motivated by religion is nonsense.

That would be like a lad raised in a Muslim home but not necessarily a devout believer, committing a hit and run of an old lady, and the Daily Mail running a headline "Pensioner injured in Islamic hate crime".

Such a headline would be ridiculed and rightly so. But you're doing the same thing.
    Sex of your child edited, and suggestion of religious implication edited so as not to offend. The rest of the post still stands and I'm interested in your response.

You said he/she was attacked by Christians. What was the point of mentioning their (presumed) religion?
    Again, I'm curious to know your thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

So the fact they are most likely Christian means fcuk all,the real reason your anecdote happened was because of drunk scum,nothing to do with their religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Poster is insulted when one assumes his child is one of two genders, yet continues to assume all white males are christian in a country that has less than a 5% attendance record at Sunday mass, it's so imbecilic it's actually quite funny.

Poster is insulted when one assumes his child is one of two genders, yet continues to assume all white males are christian in a country that has less than a 5% attendance record at Sunday mass, it's so imbecilic it's actually quite funny.

Merciful hour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

superb..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

:rolleyes:

Obviously never been in a large office. What do binmen earn these days by the way?

Snob

Poster is insulted when one assumes his child is one of two genders, yet continues to assume all white males are christian in a country that in the 2016 census, 78% of the population identified as Catholic

Fixed that important part for you snakey ;)

You ignored it again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

To be fair, he does know a lot about generalising.

How Christian of him

Tennessee preacher-cop calls for execution of LGBTQ people

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/14/us/tennessee-preacher-cop-lgbtq/index.html

They identify as Catholic. But lucky for us they don't take the religion seriously by living in accordance with it. I'm sure there are Catholic working on alternative interpretations which accommodate gays. In time they'll claim they were never opposed to gays and discrimination against gays was never part of catholicism.

I don't mind how many people identity as Catholic. I'm more concerned with how people behave. And to be fair to catholics, they're moving in the right direction by paying less and less attention to Catholic teaching on issues like gays.

• Advertisement

How Christian of him

Tennessee preacher-cop calls for execution of LGBTQ people

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/14/us/tennessee-preacher-cop-lgbtq/index.html

That's just a matter of taking his Bible seriously. The westboro Baptist Church is disgusting. But they take their Bible seriously. The Bible is fairly clear on what should happen to gays. Death.

This is what happens when people take their Bible seriously. Lucky for us, fewer catholics in Ireland take their Bible seriously nowadays.

Advertisement