Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harry Potter for 10 Euro

Options
  • 15-07-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hey everyone. There is a new book shop in stillorgan called the wise owl. It is selling Harry Potter for 10 euro! Thats the cheapest ive seen so far. Also heard on radio that it is the cheapest in ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hooray

Now everyone can afford to revel in his crapness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Where is this exactly? Is it that dashed uncomfortable shop in the shopping centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

no its the new one just open beside stillorgan decor near tesco (across the road from national irish bank. its an offer to celebrate the opening of the shop i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Is it a limited time offer? Will pop over there tomorrow. Not too late I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It's not new, they must have just moved over a bit, they used to be upways from the shopping centre.

If I knew more about HP that'd be a cracking deal I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dunnes Stores are doing it for €9.99 according to RTE but no other details.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

It's a pity that the big supermarket chains are stealing the bookshops business with their offer. Bookshops have been waiting for this launch for ages so they can make some money on it compared to the millions these supermarkets take in..they don't need to steal the bookshops thunder.

I'd much rather give my business to a bookshop!

Popped in to preorder mine today and found out that they will have a limited number of copies....Nice window display too!!

Happy Reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

spaczed wrote:
    Hey everyone. There is a new book shop in stillorgan called the wise owl. It is selling Harry Potter for 10 euro! Thats the cheapest ive seen so far. Also heard on radio that it is the cheapest in ireland.
    my friend will be one of the girls selling you the books,shout hi sarah lol! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

got mine from Dunnes for €10.00... must start reading it soon..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

its on the net already, 1.5Mbs

not really interested in HP though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hate reading books off the net,the good old fashioned feel of a book is what i need :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

I downloaded it so I could look up things without having to go through the book again... I hate reading books on the computer though. nothing like the smell of a good book!

ok we have people that like the smell and feel of books,can we get somebody to like the taste in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

Mmmm... tasty books... I am chewing on the corner of one of my Irish tapework books as I type this. I like paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Tesco are also selling it for €9.99, FYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭sanvean

Is there not something about shops not being able to sell below cost? I have a friend who works in a bookshop that was selling harry potter at 18.99 (something like six euro below the RRP) who had to deal with a customer complaining that it was bookshops like his (that he doesn't own, and is merely a lowly bookseller) that was part of 'rip-off' ireland. Attempting to tell the customer that selling a book with six euro off the price was anything *but* a rip-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭supersheep

It's only household necessities that can't be sold below cost... I think that the whole hugely cheap books is a bad thing - people will go to chain stores, with their huge discounts, for the big books, and little bookshops will get even more screwed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Like an idiot i bought it on impulse in HMV for goddam €18 and saw it in Reads for €12 on the way back to the train station.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

should be in bargain forum.

Locked as its pretty irrelevant at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement