Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you do with unwanted vibrators?

• 20-10-2010 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

well, i bought rampant rabbit maybe 2 months ago from ann summers and used it twice... It is ok but my man is better:D and i don't want it anymore. It wasn't cheap so i thought that maybe i could sell it somewhere but i don't think somebody would like to buy it:confused: and i can't return it because it's not damaged:mad:
    only option is to bury it in a drawer???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Smash it up and throw it in the bin is my no 1 option....

either that or use it to stirr your tea. :eek: ....ok so maybe not... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Isin't that what recycle bins are for ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Smash it up and throw it in the bin is my no 1 option....

either that or use it to stirr your tea. :eek: ....ok so maybe not... :o

Typical, bad advice. You don't use them to stir your tea, they're for frothing coffee.
    It would completely ruin the tea. Jeez.

Maybe just hang on to it OP, could you not use it together?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I threw mine in the bin forgot I left it at home and was afraid of my mum snooping. It also went off when my now boyfriend came to my house to crash after a night out, twas a little embarrassing to say the least!

BUZZZZZZZZZ!
    Boy: Squeaks what's that?!
    SD: My Rampant Rabbit...
    Boy: ........... oh yeah, good one HAHAH!
    SD: I'm being serious
    Boy: .............

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I threw mine in the bin forgot I left it at home and was afraid of my mum snooping. It also went off when my now boyfriend came to my house to crash after a night out, twas a little embarrassing to say the least!

BUZZZZZZZZZ!
    Boy: Squeaks what's that?!
    SD: My Rampant Rabbit...
    Boy: ........... oh yeah, good one HAHAH!
    SD: I'm being serious
    Boy: .............

I've had that experience too....

Is it just me or is it a generalisation that some blokes just don't know how to react when you say you have one!!!

OP, I've no advice other than store it carefully in case it maybe needed again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Make sure you know what the ears can do before you decide it's not that good. And yes, store it, it may come in useful later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I wouldn't recommend selling it not many ladies would want a used one. You could hold on to it you never know when you might feel a bit naughty. I threw out my old one a few months ago after purchasing one with my partner for some experimenting, you could also try use it with your boyfriend it can be very fun to experiment if I say so myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Annoy german police of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Is it just me or is it a generalisation that some blokes just don't know how to react when you say you have one!!!

Guys don't know how to act around them let alone react. They see it as some sort of weapon against them. They think we have one we don't need a proper man to...ahem! ;);):rolleyes:

My boyfriend wasn't comfortable around it until I threw it out, haven't needed it since! ;) My ex didn't like it for reasons above. My rebound man loved using it on me! :)

Different strokes for different folks! (dam what a pun!) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Keep it safe and stored away.

You may not be with your boyfriend forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

Sad to see it didnt do anything for you:p

Well i was going to say keep it for lonely days but as it seems not to be working out for you, hardly can give it away, i mean your gfs probably wont want it, i know i wouldnt want one thats been used so recycle seems the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Use it to interview TD's - Irish Times

Quote - As this was outside the gates of Leinster House, anyone could join in. One woman – perhaps best described as a citizen journalist – joined the reporters thrusting microphones and recorders at the various politicians.

She managed to get a lengthy interview with two Fianna Fáil backbenchers, who spoke away into her “microphone” which was, in fact, a large black sex toy commonly known as a rampant rabbit.

Funnily enough, when the same woman tried to “interview” Pat Rabbitte through his car window, the former Labour leader grinned and drove off.

Takes one to know one, presumably.

OP I would say keep it, they are expensive you ye make use it again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My boyfriend found mine a couple of months after we started going out I was surprised at how he reacted, I was expecting an awkward freaked out look but I he was quite turned on by it. He told me that he always wanted to experiment with it on a girl but was never with a girl who was opened minded enough for anything like that, he even went into a sex shop and bought one for me once. I love how spontaneous he can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Write in to the Take a Break Brainwaves section

'Put your old vibrator to good use by putting it on the wall inside your front door. Put the sign 'KEYS' above it and hey presto! you have a new key holder for next to nothing. It also makes a great talking point.'

You get £60 if you send in your tip along with a photo of you using your old vibrator (as a keyholder!!!!!) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

My rampant rabbit is nearly six years old now and I've always wondered how to go about disposing it. Not very eco friendly to throw in the regular bin, can't really be recycled... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Put it back in the box.....................:osorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Switch them all on, put them on a flat surface and have a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Truley wrote: »
    My rampant rabbit is nearly six years old now and I've always wondered how to go about disposing it. Not very eco friendly to throw in the regular bin, can't really be recycled... :o

It's the same as a kettle or a microwave.... if you buy a new one Ann Summers recycle it for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Guys don't know how to act around them let alone react. They see it as some sort of weapon against them. They think we have one we don't need a proper man to...ahem! ;);):rolleyes:

My boyfriend wasn't comfortable around it until I threw it out, haven't needed it since! ;) My ex didn't like it for reasons above. My rebound man loved using it on me! :)

Different strokes for different folks! (dam what a pun!) :cool:

If they see it as a weapon against them they have much to learn.
    Fantastic ally it is in battle :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

:)give it to pets corner in the zoo after all it is a rabbit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eccie

Why get rid of it cos you have a boyfriend? I was quite open with mine form the start that I had one and he was cool with it. We have a lot of fun together with it now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There should be a recycling centre for small electrical items near you. Log on to the WEEE site and there should be a map. Please don't landfill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Feeona wrote: »
    Write in to the Take a Break Brainwaves section

'Put your old vibrator to good use by putting it on the wall inside your front door. Put the sign 'KEYS' above it and hey presto! you have a new key holder for next to nothing. It also makes a great talking point.'

You get £60 if you send in your tip along with a photo of you using your old vibrator (as a keyholder!!!!!) :p

You may laugh but the funniest Take a Break tip I ever saw was one woman saying instead of taking up half your weekend case with slippers to instead pack some sanitary pads. What you do is stick the sticky side to the bottom of your feet and then stick another one across the top. She even had a little bit of tinsel stuck to it as decoration. There was even a photo of the finished. Can you imagine arriving at a friend's house for the weekend and coming down to watch tv with STs on your feet. :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Those men are just insecure, i reckon they'd be great fun. im trying to convince my GF to get a rampant rabbit. She says they're too expensive, and she doesnt need one. Which confused me, i was both :( and :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

You may laugh but the funniest Take a Break tip I ever saw was one woman saying instead of taking up half your weekend case with slippers to instead pack some sanitary pads. What you do is stick the sticky side to the bottom of your feet and then stick another one across the top. She even had a little bit of tinsel stuck to it as decoration. There was even a photo of the finished. Can you imagine arriving at a friend's house for the weekend and coming down to watch tv with STs on your feet. :eek::D

OhMyGod! That's absolutely hilarious, I have my hand over my mouth here for fear I get into a coughing fit and wake people up!! That is so so funny! :D:D And she went decorating them if they weren't bad enough!! Well in one way fair play to her! Each to their own and all that jazz!

I've heard of c0ck-blocker PJ's, NB: that's PJ's, :rolleyes: but feet thingys??!! :confused: Well I guess it may be one method of deterring a feet-fetishes intrigued person lol?! :p But would want to be careful it doesn't intrigue some-one even more ..... Ew yuck ew ew!!
    :eek::o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I cant even sell my unused wedding dress, so i dont think anybody would be up for buying my used vibrators :D
    Keep it, you never know when you might get the urge again.
    My boyfriend doesnt mind that i have them (he was bit shocked at first), but he does reckon ive becom de-sensitised, as they are the only things that do it for me. He reckons its been over used :D
    Im trying to cut down, but its nearly an addiction now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

2nd thoughts...try Ebay, i mean if anyone can sell a Britney Spears's used gum, then who knows about a used vib!

I mean, someone in needs who cant afford it might see that as a perfect buy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 for_you

2nd thoughts...try Ebay, i mean if anyone can sell a Britney Spears's used gum, then who knows about a used vib!

I mean, someone in needs who cant afford it might see that as a perfect buy:D

haha maybe, if it would be Britney Spears's used sex toy, not mine:p

anyway thanks all for your ideas:) maybe I will try to sell it, don't know yet. If smb will buy it, great, if not, it will be with me for the rest of my life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I've just put them in the bin. Probably not very eco of me, but I couldn't bring myself to put it in the pervy section of e-bay. :o

If it is still working away fine, I wouldn't throw it out. You never know if there'll be a drought or if the BF wants to 'play' ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Can't believe you questioned selling it...

Anyways, Iagree with the girls who said store it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement