Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solid Fuel Cooker

• 28-11-2014 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am just about to purchase a new solid fuel cooker that can also heat up to 19 rads. Trouble is we cannot decide between the Concept 2 Maxi, or the new Senko 35. The kitchen is small and I dont want the heat output to the kitchen to become too high. I am currently using a very old cast iron iron range which takes a long time to warm up the oven and then makes the room too unpleasant to stay in. Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Might be best asking in the Plumbing and Heating forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

6queenmary wrote: »
    I am just about to purchase a new solid fuel cooker that can also heat up to 19 rads. Trouble is we cannot decide between the Concept 2 Maxi, or the new Senko 35. The kitchen is small and I dont want the heat output to the kitchen to become too high. I am currently using a very old cast iron iron range which takes a long time to warm up the oven and then makes the room too unpleasant to stay in. Any advice would be appreciated

I hate it when you get this "can also heat up to 19 rads", just how big are these 19 rads ? 1 foot wide or 9 foot wide ?

If 1 foot youll have 19, but 9 foot yal have 2 ;)

Size of rooms to get input required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 6queenmary

Eh, yeah...but i am not worried about the radiators (they are 9 standard
    doubles, 6 ft) Both cookers have a 30kw output. It was the heat that may be felt in a small kitchen i was more interested on knowing about. Thanks anyway. I wonder of there is anyone else there that actually owns one and can pass on any advice on these cookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sohagan74

Hi there,
    I am familar with these cookers. As you only have 9 rads and a small kitchen, it would make more sense to go with the 25 kw senko. That will defo heat your 9 rads (18 kw to boiler) and 7 to the room. Then you will have no issue with too much heat to the kitchen. Perhaps you didn't know the senko came in a 25 kw model? Hope this advice helps

S

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

7kW to a small kitchen would seem a lot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sohagan74

not really to be honest. 7 kw would be max possible heat, normal typical/moderate operation likely to be around 4 kw. The senko is such an efficient cooker it doesn't require the cooker to be flat out (creating excessive heat to room) to work good unlike inefficient cookers which require the bottom door to be left open in an attempt to heat the rads. Believe you me I have had plenty of experience in that department :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Plynch74

Hi guys,
    I have the Concept2 installed 2 years now. My brother has the Senko 35 kw installed. There is no comparison. Senko is definitely a much better builld of cooker in every way. Concept2 is not a bad cooker but I seriously wish I had put in the Senko, it kicks ass.

Advantages when we compared notes are:
    Boiler replaceable in Senko (not replaceable in my concept2)
    Better ash pan in senko (ash pan to shallow and too near grate causing ashes to get decapitated and mess)
    Oven larger in senko and also stainless steel, oven smaller in concept2 and turns a brownish colour as not stainless steel
    Better insulation levels in Senko, very little insulation in concept2
    Higher output, Senko is 35 kw based on wood, concept2 is 25 kw based on wood. He gets at least 5 more rads than me and also better heat to the room itself
    .....few more advantages the Senko has but I don't want to bore you all too tears :). Its a little bit more expensive but I reckon worth it.

I have to admit my brother in this particular case made a better decision than me. I am normally the smart one :)

P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 taz801

Hi

We are in the process of putting on an extension and originally went looking at stanley donard only to be told we would be daft putting in one. why not go for the concept 2 with 29kw output but after doing some research i have come across the senko with higher output of 35kw

We will be putting this into a large room approx 40ft x 22ft and we will have
    11 single rads standard size and 3 doubles standard size

We are living in galway and the only stockists i have come across is thermopoint in buncrana and waterford, has anyone else purchased a senko elsewhere?? and any feedback would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Crowbar10

Hi there

Anybody installed a Senko cooker C35 (soild fuel)? Any good? I need a heavy duty range and looking for assistance or help with this model?

Thanks in advance

Hi crowbar 10

we have senko 35 premium installed. where are you based??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Crowbar10

Hi Taz

would be very interested to have a chat and a possible visit if ok? do you have contact details etc...

will pm you my details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

Hi I know this thread started a year ago but anyway.. I'm thinking of installing a senko 35kw in my house to replace a wamsler that's older than I am😀 has anyone got the purchase price for one of these in Ireland? I've come across this website https://termometal.hr/en/ who will deliver the cooker I want including everything for 1630 euro does that sound right? I would prefer to deal with someone in Ireland but I can only imagine it'll be more expensive to do so. What are people paying for this range here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Turfwarrior

Hi ponyirl,

I am also thinking of purchasing one of these cookers. Did you decide to buy direct from Croatia? If so how was your experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

Hi ponyirl,

I am also thinking of purchasing one of these cookers. Did you decide to buy direct from Croatia? If so how was your experience?

Hi Turfwarrior. I got on brilliantly I ordered the cooker on a Monday and it arrived the follow Tuesday week with no issues. I have it installed and have used it a couple of times since, but I haven't revved it up with the good weather . I went for the premium model if I was going again I probably would have got the standard one, only because it's quite large. Hope this helps.

And yes I bought directly from Croatia.

I have sent pm to gas and ponyirl, thanks

I have sent pm to taz801 and ponyirl, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IvyShmivy

Hi. Very interested to read about importing Senko range direct. Our Stanley range is banjaxed and inefficient and we are looking at buying a Concept or Senko solid fuel range. Need to get cracking on this as the weather gets colder. Would love to hear about buying direct and also about the performance if the Senko.

Hi,

After having a very informative discussion with ponyirl i decided to purchase direct from termometal.
    I sent for the 25kw premium version, it was delivered last Tuesday and delivery took about 2 weeks.
    I just need to get it connected up now next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

How often do you need to refuel the Senko range.

• Advertisement

Hi Ponygirl, sounds like you have good information on the Senko stove and buying direct. It would be great if I could have a chat with you please about ordering, installation and to hear how it's working out for you. Thanks.

How often do you need to refuel the Senko range.

How long is a piece of string? Too many variables, fuel type,damper settings

Hi Taz, just reading that you have a Senko35 installed. We're in Galway and have a banjaxed Stanley range that needs to be replaced and need a system with good output to heat 14+ rads. We're looking at buying a Senko range and would love to hear how it's performing. Any chance we could have a chat please? IvyShmivy.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bill Hook

I'm thinking of getting one of these but am wondering about what sort of fuel you can put in them. Is it just wood or can you burn coal, turf, etc? Also, how are people who have had them for a while getting on with them? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bar12

I would also like to talk to someone who has Senko 35 Premium installed and to know if they bought it direct from Croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Buddy dog

taz801 wrote: »
    Hi crowbar 10

we have senko 35 premium installed. where are you based??

Hi taz
    Looking to import the zenko 35kw premium model can you only burn timber and is it very hard on fuel Have a 35 kw stove and it’s very hard on fuel
    Thanks
    Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Buddy dog

IvyShmivy wrote: »
    Hi Taz, just reading that you have a Senko35 installed. We're in Galway and have a banjaxed Stanley range that needs to be replaced and need a system with good output to heat 14+ rads. We're looking at buying a Senko range and would love to hear how it's performing. Any chance we could have a chat please? IvyShmivy.

Hi did you buy the senko cooker after thinking of getting on to

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DBarn

Buddy dog wrote: »
    Hi taz
    Looking to import the zenko 35kw premium model can you only burn timber and is it very hard on fuel Have a 35 kw stove and it’s very hard on fuel
    Thanks
    Niall

Hi was just wondering if you made a decision on stove yet. We are hoping to change from senko 25

Bar12 wrote: »
    I would also like to talk to someone who has Senko 35 Premium installed and to know if they bought it direct from Croatia.

Hi did you manage to talk to anyone about the stove?

• Advertisement

DBarn wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering if you made a decision on stove yet. We are hoping to change from senko 25

Have you made a decision yet?

Advertisement