Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

• 14-04-2011 11:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RENEWED
    These shows have already been officially renewed by their respective networks.

30 Rock (NBC) ... The beneficiary of an early Season 6 renewal.
    The Amazing Race (CBS) ... Already renewed.
    American Dad! (Fox) ... Received a typical animated series renewal jumpstart.
    American Idol (Fox) ... Will not only be back next year, but also the year after that.
    Archer (FX) ... Renewed for a 16-episode third season.
    The Bachelor (ABC) ... Much to your chagrin, this show will never die.
    The Bachelorette (ABC) ... See above.
    Being Human (Syfy) ... Renewed for Season 2.
    The Big Bang Theory (CBS) ... Renewed for multiple years (through 2014).
    The Big C (Showtime) ... Season 2 airs this summer.
    Boardwalk Empire (HBO) ... Renewed for second season.
    Bob's Burgers (Fox) ... Renewed for Season 2.
    Bored to Death (HBO) ... Renewed for Season 3.
    Breaking Bad (AMC) ... Walt and Jesse return for more wacky meth-dealing hijinks this year, likely this summer.
    Burn Notice (USA) ... Already renewed for Seasons 5 and 6 (through 2013).
    Californication (Showtime) ... Renewed for a fifth season.
    Castle (ABC) ... Renewed for shiny new fourth season.
    The Cleveland Show (Fox) ... Already renewed for next season.
    Community (NBC) ... Rightfully renewed.
    Cougar Town (ABC) ... Renewed. Will Community's Abed appear as an extra?
    Covert Affairs (USA) ... Season 2 airs this summer.
    Dancing With the Stars (ABC) ... See The Bachelor, The Bachelorette.
    Dexter (Showtime) ... Received its Season 6 renewal back in December.
    Episodes (Showtime) ... Renewed for Season 2 in February.
    Eureka (Syfy) ... Season 5 set to air this year.
    Face Off (Syfy) ... Renewed for Season 2.
    Family Guy (Fox) ... Already renewed.
    Fringe (Fox) ... Renewed for Season 4 after lots of drama and scheduling scares.
    Futurama (Comedy Central) ... Renewed for two seasons and a total of 26 episodes.
    The Glades (A&E) ... Renewed for season 2, should air this summer.
    Glee (Fox) ... Renewed early, a long time ago.
    Grey's Anatomy (ABC) ... A no-brainer for renewal. This show may never end.
    Haven (Syfy) ... Season 2 coming this summer.
    Hell's Kitchen (Fox) ... Renewed for another two seasons of screaming, which are expected to air back-to-back.
    How I Met Your Mother (CBS) ... Renewed for two seasons (through 2013).
    How to Make it in America (HBO) ... Season 2 is currently in production.
    Hung (HBO) ... It's got a big penis. Of course it was renewed.
    In Plain Sight (USA) ... Renewed for TWO seasons, will be on air through 2012.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX) ... Previously renewed for two seasons, the second of which airs this fall.
    Justified (FX) ... Renewed for a third season.
    The League (FX) ... Renewed for Season 3.
    The Life & Times of Tim (HBO) ... After initially canceling this animated series, HBO changed its mind and granted the 'toon a second season.
    Louie (FX) ... Renewed for Season 2.
    Mad Men (AMC) ... After a long contract standoff, the critical was renewed for two seasons but season 5 won't begin until 2013 due to a late start in production.
    The Middle (ABC) ... Renewed for Season 3.
    Modern Family (ABC) ... Renewed for next season and staying awhile.
    NCIS (CBS) ... Would YOU cancel a show that regularly draws 20 million viewers? Neither would CBS.
    The Office (NBC) ... Already renewed for another season, but who will play Dunder-Mifflin's new boss?
    Parks and Recreation (NBC) ... Renewed for Season 4.
    Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) ... Returning for more attractive fibbing this summer.
    Private Practice (ABC) ... Officially renewed and officially a network staple.
    Psych (USA) ... Already picked up for a sixth season.
    Raising Hope (Fox) ... Fox's biggest new comedy; officially renewed for Season 2.
    Rizzoli & Isles (TNT) ... Season 2 airs this summer.
    Royal Pains (USA) ... Season 3 airs this summer.
    Sanctuary (Syfy) ... Renewed for a fourth season.
    The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family) ... It shall birth a fourth season this summer.
    Shameless (Showtime) ... Renewed for a second season of drunken parenting.
    The Simpsons (Fox) ... 23 seasons strong and still going.
    Sons of Anarchy (FX) ... Renewed for Season 4, likely fall launch.
    Southland (TNT) ... Renewed for Season 4.
    Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Starz) ... It has blood and sex AND a second season, but star Andy Whitfield is not returning due to illness. Liam McIntyre will replace him.
    Survivor (CBS) ... Already renewed. Season 23 premieres this fall.
    True Blood (HBO) ... Season 4 debuts in June. Undercover Boss (CBS) ... Already renewed, boss.
    The Walking Dead (AMC) ... Totally renewed, dude.
    Warehouse 13 (Syfy) ... Renewed for season 3, which premieres this summer. Weeds (Showtime) ... Season 7 lights up, sparks up, gets passed around, flies high, tokes this June.
    White Collar (USA) ... New season starts June 7!

ON THE BUBBLE
    These shows currently exist in that murky, nebulous realm where they could go either way.

The Apprentice (NBC) ... Thanks to some renewed energy that comes courtesy of Gary Busey, renewal is a strong possibility.
    Better With You (ABC) ... On the bubble, but this might be the least-talked about show of the season—which obviously doesn't bode well.
    Body of Proof (ABC) ... Too early to tell.
    Breakout Kings (A&E) ... No word yet on this.
    Brothers & Sisters (ABC) ... This long-running drama keeps chugging along, and though it's expected to expire soon, producers have written in a cliffhanger for this season's finale.
    The Chicago Code (Fox) ... Liked by critics but ratings-challenged, this one is going to be interesting. Fringe's renewal didn't do it any favors.
    Chuck (NBC) ... Ugh, another year, another round of "Will Chuck be back?" speculation. On the bubble FOR REAL this time.
    CSI: NY (CBS) ... This is the only question mark in the CSI family, but until we hear otherwise, we're assuming it'll be back.
    Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO) ... Season 8 is scheduled to premiere this summer, but beyond that, uncertain.
    Eastbound & Down (HBO) ... The upcoming third season is expected to be its last.
    Fairly Legal (USA) ... Future uncertain.
    Flashpoint (CBS) ... Airing this summer.
    Harry's Law (NBC) ... This surprise hit should be back for Season 2, but will its older-skewing audience scare off NBC?
    Hellcats (The CW) ... Give me a "Probably!" Give me a "Coming!" Give me a "Back!" What's that say?
    HawthoRNe (TNT) ... Season 2 premieres June 14
    Kitchen Nightmares (Fox) ... Probably coming back.
    Law & Order: Los Angeles (NBC) ... After a dismal start, this just relaunched; the end of the season will determine its fate.
    Leverage (TNT) ... Season 4 premieres June 26.
    Lie to Me (Fox) ... On the bubble. This one will come down to the wire.
    Mad Love (CBS) ... This midseason romantic comedy still has a lot to prove. Could go either way.
    The Marriage Ref (NBC) ... What is the deal with Marriage Refs, anyway? Returning for Season 2 this summer; after that, we'll see.
    MasterChef (Fox) ... Uknown.
    Memphis Beat (TNT) ... Season 2 premieres June 14.
    Men of a Certain Age (TNT) ... Season 2 picks back up on June 1.
    Merlin (Syfy) ... Production on the next season of the U.K.-made series is underway, so Syfy will likely pick it up.
    Million Dollar Money Drop (Fox) ... Another easily salvageable reality game show. Could go either way, and Fox won't be in a hurry to make a decision.
    Nikita (The CW) ... Right on the bubble; The CW has a big decision to make here.
    Nurse Jackie (Showtime) ... Season 3 just started.
    One Tree Hill (The CW) ... Might return, might not. But that's nothing new for this show.
    Outsourced (NBC) ... Hanging on the edge. A 50/50 shot at returning.
    Parenthood (NBC) ... The best we can foresee is that it's probably coming back.
    Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t (Showtime) ... Future is uncertain, may move to new network.
    Rookie Blue (ABC) ... Returns this summer.
    Rules of Engagement (CBS) ... This one always manages to survive, despite being on the bubble every year. We think the same thing will happen again this year.
    Shark Tank (ABC) Just started Season 2. Fate to be determined.
    $#*! My Dad Says (CBS) ... Another @%$&ing bubble show.
    Supernatural (The CW) ... Looking more and more likely to return, but the network is still mum on the situation.
    Traffic Light (Fox) ... A bubble show for sure, but we're thinking this one will be back.
    Two and a Half Men (CBS) ... Perhaps you've heard about some of the series' troubles. CBS will make an attempt to salvage it (if the network can replace Charlie Sheen), but this is a long way away from being a definite return.
    United States of Tara (Showtime) ... Currently airing season 3.

NOT LOOKING GOOD
    None of these shows have officially been canceled yet, but they're long shots to return. Networks will announce the fates of most of these shows in May.

America's Next Great Restaurant (NBC) ... Its first season isn't impressing anyone, even by NBC standards. You can probably stick a fork in it.
    The Cape (NBC) ... One of the season's biggest flops.
    Chase (NBC) ... After initially giving this procedural a full-season pickup, NBC woke up and pulled it from the schedule. Not coming back.
    Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior (CBS) ... Lots of trouble right out of the gate. Future is uncertain.
    The Defenders (CBS) ... Like Jim Belushi, not looking good.
    Detroit 1-8-7 (ABC) ... Chances look slimmer and slimmer each day.
    The Event (NBC) ... Will ride out its first season, but the chances of renewal are slim to none.
    Human Target (Fox) ... Probably on the wrong side of the bubble after escaping cancellation last year.
    Live to Dance (CBS) ... Let's just say Paula Abdul won't be happy.
    Mr. Sunshine (ABC) ... Courteney Cox may have shaken the post-Friends curse, but Matthew Perry can't. Not looking good for renewal.
    No Ordinary Family (ABC) ... One episode was banished to a Saturday, and both stars (Michael Chiklis, Julie Benz) have booked new pilots. Writing is on the wall.
    Off the Map (ABC) ... Starting to flatline.
    Perfect Couples (NBC) ... Already pulled from schedule to make room for The Paul Reiser Show. Practically canceled.
    Shedding For the Wedding (The CW) ... Off to a bad start. Not sure The CW would want this back.
    V (ABC) ... This troubled sci-fi series survived the bubble last year, but should be jettisoned into space this season.

CANCELED/ENDING
    These shows have either been axed by their networks or decided to ride off into the sunset on their own.

Big Love (HBO) ... Just finished its fifth and final season.
    Caprica (Syfy) ... Canceled-prica.
    The Closer (TNT) ... Final season premieres July 14. TNT is currently working on a possible spin-off.
    Entourage (HBO) ... The upcoming eighth season will be its last.
    Friday Night Lights (DirecTV/NBC) ... Final season already aired on DirecTV, will begin airing on NBC in April.
    Glory Daze (TBS) ... Canceled after one season.
    The Good Guys (Fox) ... Hope you already said your goodbyes to the Good Guys, because this one is long gone.
    In Treatment (HBO) ... Canceled, but its storylines could continue in "a new format."
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA) ... Final season begins in May.
    Life Unexpected (CW) ... It should be noted that The CW hasn't officially canceled the program, but showrunner Liz Tigelaar has said that it won't be coming back and several cast members have moved on to other projects, including Britt Robertson to the high-profile Secret Circle.
    Lights Out (FX) ... Canceled after just one season.
    Lone Star (Fox) ... Canceled last fall, just two episodes into its short life.
    Medium (CBS) ... This one is already gone, dude.
    Rescue Me (FX) ... Airing its final season this summer.
    Running Wilde (Fox) ... A massive disappointment that ended in cancellation.
    Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime) ... Just debuted its fourth and final season. Won't be back.
    Smallville (The CW) ... The tenth and final season ends in May. Won't be back.
    Stargate Universe (Syfy) ... Canceled. But at least Face Off was renewed! Right?

Source: http://www.tv.com/whats-renewed-whats-canceled-and-whats-still-in-between-2011-edition/story/25402.html?tag=container;news_story

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks!

Any word on Blue Bloods and Hawaii five-o? Blue Bloods is a quality show despite some of the plots being a bit 'convenient'. H50 I could take or leave to be honest.

I want Nikita to survive as well. Fingers crossed.

I'm disappointed the Defenders isn't doing better. I thought it was a great show. Fingers crossed here too.

Much as I love it, I think Chuck might have just run its course. I didn't enjoy this season as much as previous ones but maybe they might get re-energised if they get a Season 5?

I heard House was a 'go' for Season 8 which is just great!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

2013 for Mad Men? I hope that's a misprint.
    Life and Times of Tim already had two seasons. Does this mean a third is in the offing?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

squonk wrote: »
    Thanks!

Any word on Blue Bloods and Hawaii five-o? Blue Bloods is a quality show despite some of the plots being a bit 'convenient'. H50 I could take or leave to be honest.

I'm disappointed the Defenders isn't doing better. I thought it was a great show. Fingers crossed here too.

Much as I love it, I think Chuck might have just run its course. I didn't enjoy this season as much as previous ones but maybe they might get re-energised if they get a Season 5?

I'd say both Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five-0 are safe bets for renewals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

squonk wrote: »
    Thanks!

No word yet on Blue Bloods or Hawaii five-o but I too remain hopeful.
    Chuck I too enjoy but as of late its has being getting tired, I think sadly they should start wrapping it up if they can't do anything substantial with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

2013 for Mad Men? I hope that's a misprint.
    Life and Times of Tim already had two seasons. Does this mean a third is in the offing?
    Mad Men was delayed over problems.
    I think (HOPE!) thats a typo error. It should be 2012.
    See here for further detail: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12905058

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

well done on the thread Biggins - good to have all the info in the one place...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The only one I'm somewhat worried for is Nikita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No news on Bones? I think this season is supposedly performing quite well for Fox.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

dooferoaks wrote: »
    No news on Bones? I think this season is supposedly performing quite well for Fox.
    From what I've read elsewhere, it's almost a certainty. I just imagine they need to finish signing some contracts but FOX will definitely want to keep it.

If anyone watches US soaps ABC has cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Entourage and Stargate Universe will both be missed heavily by me
    I was actually enjoying Mr.Sunshine
    The Event and No Ordinary Family is no ordinary surprise
    and V was actually starting to get good

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Metacritic did a great meta-analysis of what is likely to die or be renewed (with tables of ratings from 5 of the main TV sites).

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2011/tv-renew-cancel-predictions-april-2011/

3 shows I liked (V, The Event, No Ordinary Family) are pretty much toast I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Good god I'm watching the "scanner darkly" episode of Fringe, nice idea poorly executed imo this show has gone to the dogs.

When I heard SG-U was canceled it was on a break , now it's back I'm glad it got ****-canned, it's slipped into regular stargate mode now :mad:

Edit: Just saw CSI NY was on the list of maybe's, as much as i love to hate on miami , ny has been really poor this season .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Is there a listing of new shows for the autumn? There's a couple of shows I liked that are gone so replacements are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Game of thrones announced for second season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

After 1 episode? You got a reference for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/19/hbo-renews-game-of-thrones-for-second-season-premiere-grossed-4-2-million-on-hbo-sunday-night/89922

TBH, I think it was always going to be re-newed. Total budget for the first 10 episodes is estimated at around $60, it's rumoured they made about half of that back of the international sales which were a record high for HBO (higher than Boardwalk Empire which had a higher profile lead actor, and Martin Scorcese directing the pilot).

Given that level investment, how quickly they recouped a large level of it, the fantastic critical reception from thsoe who've seen the screener release of the first 6 episodes and the fact a second series will be significantly cheaper to film since they'll already have the sets, costumes, armour etc. I don't think they'd have cancelled unless the ratings were utterly dire, which they weren't for the pilots at least (reports are approx 4.2 million for first day of viewing in the states, not above Boardwalk but very good; 750k on Sky Atlantic which is higher than the BE pilot). Reckon DVD/BRD sales will be high for this too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think in some cases it's good practice to renew something instantly like that. As a (potential) viewer I'm more likely to start watching a show if I have the assurance it's not going to get axed prematurely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

On the face of it, this one looks reasonable, but CBS has just pulled the plug after 3 episodes:eek:

The aptly titled "Chaos".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591468/

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a315414/chaos-cancelled-after-three-episodes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

ejmaztec wrote: »
    On the face of it, this one looks reasonable, but CBS has just pulled the plug after 3 episodes:eek:

The aptly titled "Chaos".
    [/URL]

Chaos is the type of show I would generally like....but it was absolutely dire in fairness. No surprise it was canned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ludo wrote: »
    Chaos is the type of show I would generally like....but it was absolutely dire in fairness. No surprise it was canned.

I never saw any of it, but this tail end of the review on the IMDB page showed that someone thought it was going to go a long away, instead of an extremely short way to the bin.:o
    *** it's definitely a breeze with a lot of fresh air from what we typically see on TV nowadays!!!

it's first episode made of me a fan, as well as a lot of people thorough the world. let us hope it continues to do so.

i bet it will. ;)

I hope they didn't back up the bet with hard-cash.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Closer (TNT) ... Final season premieres July 14. TNT is currently working on a possible spin-off.

Hopefully starring Flynn and Provenza.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Some talk of a Human Target renewal for season 3, pairing it with fringe on fridays....i've been saying this for months now!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/20/does-pilot-prognostication-breathe-new-hope-for-chuck-and-human-target/90109

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Stargate Universe is great. I'm going to miss that. :mad:
    I enjoyed the first couple of "No Ordinary Family" but it quickly got old so no surprise there.
    Blue Bloods and Hawai 5-0 I'm enjoying so certainly hope (and expect) they'll be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Coconut Joe

Just caught up on The Chicago Code, would be an awful shame if this dies, good show.

Party Down (Starz) cancelled :( (kinda old news though)

^ very old news Liz!

Showtime has announced that it has renewed The Borgias for a second season

But....NO NIKITA!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/26/%E2%80%9Cthe-vampire-diaries%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9Cgossip-girl%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9C90210%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%9Csupernatural%E2%80%9D-americas-next-top-model-renewed-by-the-cw/90700

Gossip Girl/90210/Supernatural/The Vampire Diaries/America Next Top Model...all renewed!

But, no Nikita! :(
    It's a toss up between OTH and Hellcats, my opinion is Hellcats will be axed and One Tree Hill gets renewed for a 9th and final season.

• Advertisement

TBS sitcom Tyler Perry's House of Payne has been cancelled after five seasons

Advertisement