Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Junior Cert 2010: English Paper 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I did the other drama really easy to understand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Guys, for unseen poetry, we've always been told that it doesn't matter what your interpretation of it is.
    *As long as you can state your view on the poem and back it up with a good reference and quote to the poem.
    The examiner can't dock you marks as many people have many different interpretations of a poem.

:)

*Bit late to tell you this. I'm sorry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I think it was a lot easier than the pre. Did anyone else do other drama? What did u think of it.

Other drama was okay. Shakespearean drama was an absolute bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

DKZ wrote: »

Really? Found that way easier! My answers are total s**t like, but I thought it wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Ally7 wrote: »
    Was the poem about a guy who feared for when his child grew up and left him and he would be old and alone?

Oh that was what it was about ? Jeez
    I think it was a lot easier than the pre. Did anyone else do other drama? What did u think of it.

I did other drama, our teacher told us to ignore Shakesperean drama, ''too difficult'' in his opinion. Other drama was fairly straight forward, identified the extract as 'humorous'. Black tea poisonous ? Seriously ? She's drinking it anyway just diluted with milk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

I used Base Details for the poetry question about a serious issue, was fairly easy!

why the fudge didnt i think of that!!:O i did Digging for the second question.. i cant even remember what it was now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I got through with shakspearean. Although to honest I never bothered even reading other.

Really? Found that way easier! My answers are total s**t like, but I thought it wasn't too bad.

The names were too similar, I kept getting mixed up during reading it. Also, nothing much happened and I had no idea what happened at the end with her husband? Did he die? :confused:

i spent about fifteen minutes minutes at the shakespearean drama and i was like **** this i dont have a clue, and i did other drama... i was so pissed beacuse i did loadsa practise on shakespearean ... :/

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Oh that was what it was about ? Jeez

That was my interpretation of it anyway, but like Soccy said it doesn't matter how you interpret it once you back everything up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

why the fudge didnt i think of that!!:O i did Digging for the second question.. i cant even remember what it was now :p

Snap!
    But I kinda liked Digging anyway so I just wrote stuffs about why I liked it, and they gave hints like for what to include so yano!:)

Couldnt understand that unseen poem :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Did anyone else see that the poem was a cinderella theme?

But that's not what a based my answer on,just noticed it:)

The names were too similar, I kept getting mixed up during reading it. Also, nothing much happened and I had no idea what happened at the end with her husband? Did he die? :confused:

He was always dead?

storm2811 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see that the poem was a cinderella theme?

But that's not what a based my answer on,just noticed it:)

Yeah, I mentioned that too. How the poem has a theme of a fairy-tale but the poet then becomes realistic and realises that he won't be around for the girl growing up.

He was always dead?

Shakespearan, not other! :P

As far as I know, Volumnia and Virgilia were mother and daughter in law. Marcius, Virgilia's husband, was fighting in a war with the Romans and Virigilia was really worried about him, and Volumnia was telling her get over herself :P

I didn't even read the other wan's lines, probably missed half the information but meh, too late now!

Yeah, I mentioned that too. How the poem has a theme of a fairy-tale but the poet then becomes realistic and realises that he won't be around for the girl growing up.

Yeah well the poem was called Cinders which I didn't pay much attention to untill he went on to say something about a "good mother" who gave her a star,and she dropped her wand,then he says that the car was already changing and that it smelled like something..ahh i can't remember but it sounded like a plant or something..like the pumpkin!:P

About the drama,whoops! The names in the other drama were really similar aswell (Bridie and Brenda) so that's why I thought..:P

i thought the poet was dying and he wont be around to see his daughter grow up... whoooops

Yeah well the poem was called Cinders which I didn't pay much attention to untill he went on to say something about a "good mother" who gave her a star,and she dropped her wand,then he says that the car was already changing and that it smelled like something..ahh i can't remember but it sounded like a plant or something..like the pumpkin!:P

About the drama,whoops! The names in the other drama were really similar aswell (Bridie and Brenda) so that's why I thought..:P

When I saw Cinders, for some reason I thought it had something to do with a fire:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

i thought the poet was dying and he wont be around to see his daughter grow up... whoooops

i thought that too.

• Advertisement

He was kinda,well he was really old,the cinderella thing was just a side thing I noticed in it!

Ally:I thought it was about a fire aswell untill I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

Shouldn't we all Be studying for irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Shouldn't we all Be studying for irish.

I'm so so screwed for irish it's not even funny...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Exactly what I thought. As soon as I saw them I though there was no point in even reading it because I knew if I treid to answer the question I'd just make a complete mess of it.

Unseen drama: fairly good
    studied drama: could have been better
    Unseen poetry: fairly ok
    Studied poetry: Lake Isle of Innisfree I love you
    Unseen fiction: not too bad
    Studie fiction: could have been better, wasn't too bad though
    Overall: :)

I had a slight panicky moment when I read the studied questions at the beginning. The 1st thought that popped into my head was "how in god's name do I answer that?!" I eventually settled down though so it wasn't too bad overall.

Will I set up a thread for Irish?

Will I set up a thread for Irish?

There is already two!:P

DylanS09 wrote: »
    There is already two!:P

Uh never mind so :o

Maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Unseen Drama: This was fine.
    Studied Drama: Horrible, disgusting, horrendous question choice for me. I ended up going with Q2 which was not great.
    Unseen Poem: Grand.
    Studied Poetry: I did the issue question using "To Germany", it was perfectly suited.
    Unseen Fiction: I didn't really like the extract but I did okay.
    Studied Fiction: I did the unexpected development Q. Not ideal, but it was grand.

Uh never mind so :o

Maths?

Gwan so!:pac:

• Advertisement

Study for Irish?Not when you're doing ordinary:D

Advertisement