Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nourkrin For Men Hair Loss Treatment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Yes...good...not a miracle but has helped a little...I'd recommend it for less severe cases...such as patches or thinning...probably won't help a receeding hairline at front though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

I'm going to give it a try for my receeding hairline at the front and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

It will definitely strengthen existing hair..and probably prevent further loss...it could help at the front

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Poirot

"The key ingredient is a protein compound of marine extracts, including the cartilage of deep-sea fish"

You may as well rub a smelly cod into your scalp from my experience - I have tried Nourikin and seen no results after 4 months.
    Great that it is 100% natural, but pointless if it doesn't work.

It's not cheap either.

There are 2 medically proved cures for male patter baldness - Minoxidil and Finisteride - Finisteride is take orally and is on prescription only, as I understand.

Minoxidil is applied to the head in liquid or foam - is available over the counter or online, and does seem to work - at least for me.
    I am sorry that I did not start using it earlier in life as it has stopped the hairloss totally.

It does promote regrowth on the crown, but you're not going to have the same head of hair that you had at 16 (at least thats my experience).

<I am deleting this link until I can establish it is an irish pharmacy and not breaching online sale of drugs, the domain for the site is american and may be a shell website - DrIndy>

Good luck in your search...! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SI NO

Ive used it for nearly a year now.
    Complete transformation. Its expensive in irish pharmacies but can be found on an irish website or ebay at a good price.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

SI NO wrote: »
    Ive used it for nearly a year now.

SI NO,
    You're new here to Health Sciences, so I'll allow you a little leeway, but we do not consider "I used it" to be a sufficient standard of evidence to support the statement "It works".

Any claim that any product or treatment works must be supported by evidence. Anecdote and personal experience are not proper scientific evidence.

ps. Also, you don't make it clear whether the 'It' you're referring to is Nourkrin or one of the other products mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SI NO

I think they have a little research done!

Clinically proven in placebo, double blind studies, conducted by International Journal of Medical Research:

• A significant decrease of thinning hair
    • Thinning hair had stopped in all subjects after two months
    • 92% with Alopecia Areata saw a regrowth of permanent hair after 6 months and 85% were completely cured with 10% showing partial regrowth of hair.
    • 83.3% with Alopecia Totalis saw the same improvement after 4 months
    • 9 out of 10 women reported an improvement
    • 83% of Nourkrin customers see an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

can you provide a link to the paper?

Thanks!

Thanks for that, it is certainly more like what we like to see here. However, I have a couple of quick points to make, and I will have a closer look later when I've more time.

Google can't find a "International Journal of Medical Research".
    There's a "Journal of International Medical Research" or a "International Journal of Medical Sciences". Are either of these what you meant?

Neither of those seem to have any articles on 'Nourkrin' as far as I can see. The JIMR does have an article on something called 'Hairgain', but I couldn't find 'Nourkrin'.

Please, post links to the studies, and be prepared to argue why they are or are not good studies.

And please read the charter.

Thanks,
    L-M.
    SI NO wrote: »
    I think they have a little research done!

Clinically proven in placebo, double blind studies, conducted by International Journal of Medical Research:

• A significant decrease of thinning hair
    • Thinning hair had stopped in all subjects after two months
    • 92% with Alopecia Areata saw a regrowth of permanent hair after 6 months and 85% were completely cured with 10% showing partial regrowth of hair.
    • 83.3% with Alopecia Totalis saw the same improvement after 4 months
    • 9 out of 10 women reported an improvement
    • 83% of Nourkrin customers see an improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purple123

Hi,
    My husband has Alopecia for nearly 2 years. it started with one patch on his head which grew back then few months later 2 more patches on his head and most of his beard area had gone. he is using rogaine but not doing anything yet and he takes a multi vitamin. I must get him some of that shampoo worth a go. I was researching it on the net and came accross propecia. Does anyone know if it is licenced in Ireland. Some of the side effects are scary so dont think he will be trying that. Is there any use in going to see a dematologist rang blackrock clinic 200 euro for a consultation is this more money down the drain!!!!! I would pay anything to fix him but think its out of our hands might grow back might not!!!!! He wears a hat all the time he says he doesnt care if people see it but i feel sorry for him. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Poirot wrote: »
    There are 2 medically proved cures for male patter baldness - Minoxidil and Finisteride - Finisteride is take orally and is on prescription only, as I understand.

I am fascinated to learn that there are any medically approved treatments for baldness - I had always thought such 'cures' were the modern equivalent of Snake Oil.
    Must check them out.....

purple123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My husband has Alopecia for nearly 2 years. it started with one patch on his head which grew back then few months later 2 more patches on his head and most of his beard area had gone. he is using rogaine but not doing anything yet and he takes a multi vitamin. I must get him some of that shampoo worth a go. I was researching it on the net and came accross propecia. Does anyone know if it is licenced in Ireland. Some of the side effects are scary so dont think he will be trying that. Is there any use in going to see a dematologist rang blackrock clinic 200 euro for a consultation is this more money down the drain!!!!! I would pay anything to fix him but think its out of our hands might grow back might not!!!!! He wears a hat all the time he says he doesnt care if people see it but i feel sorry for him. :(

No, Propecia is not a licenced medicinal product in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Liz Shiel Alopecia Support Ireland

purple123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My husband has Alopecia for nearly 2 years. it started with one patch on his head which grew back then few months later 2 more patches on his head and most of his beard area had gone. he is using rogaine but not doing anything yet and he takes a multi vitamin. I must get him some of that shampoo worth a go. I was researching it on the net and came accross propecia. Does anyone know if it is licenced in Ireland. Some of the side effects are scary so dont think he will be trying that. Is there any use in going to see a dematologist rang blackrock clinic 200 euro for a consultation is this more money down the drain!!!!! I would pay anything to fix him but think its out of our hands might grow back might not!!!!! He wears a hat all the time he says he doesnt care if people see it but i feel sorry for him.
    Hi there, my name is Liz Shiel from Alopecia Support Ireland. We have a free website where you can find out so much information , I really hope it well hlep, please feel free to call me on Mod edit: phone numbers not allowed or email alopeciasupport@gmail.com for a friendly chat. Alopecia affects woman and men, men dont seem to figure but they are not comfortable talking about except to there partners, look forward to hearing from you you are good to get in toucfh. We also have three to four support Groups in the Country, I hope to hear from you soon, kind regards Liz Shiel:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Candy01

Hair loss is seen common in both men and women. A doctor may prescribe a multivitamin to increase overall nutrition in a patient. They may also advocate taking higher doses of specific nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Patients should also recognize that the intake of these vitamins can be increased by adding certain foods to their diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Its one battle I gave up on a long time ago having tried nearly everything. Who knows whats really in most of the crap that you throw on your head?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement