Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play DoTA Against the Computer

• 04-08-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

This may be old news to most of you but I didn't know you could do this so maybe it'll help out someone else reading this board. Anyway, I first took a look at DoTA about 2 years ago and got nowhere with it. Online play was very difficult because I didn't know anyone and the games themselves seemed infested with players who were no help and in most cases very abusive. I tried occasionally to play it at LANs but since no one else knew anything about it, we very quickly went back to Counterstrike and Quake.

Anyway, today I was browsing around the DoTA forum and I noticed that there is a version of the map available where you can play against the computer. It can be downloaded from this link.

I had a quick game there with me and five bots and while I very quickly got my hero killed, at least I can simulate the online multiplayer experience without all the abusive tossers! Now I just have to start reading here and here.

Hopefully when I've learnt enough not to embarrass myself, I'll join up with my fellow Boardsies :).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

malice_ wrote: »
    Hopefully when I've learnt enough not to embarrass myself, I'll join up with my fellow Boardsies :).

It's ok, you'll easily be better then me. I promise! Add a few of the guys from the thread above and join one of the channels mentioned (snow or drama) seem to be used more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    It's ok, you'll easily be better then me. I promise! Add a few of the guys from the thread above and join one of the channels mentioned (snow or drama) seem to be used more.
    I'll log onto Battle.net later and see what's going on. I'll probably have to register a new username as I haven't played online in quite a while :).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah, don't worry you can play with me or others that will accept you. The computer thing is handy though, not that I have played it. If they abuse you be colourful with your language.
    :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My net conn is gone to crap so I have played against the computer which is fun, I love the gank command. Let's get em boys!

Advertisement