Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Very mild

• 27-10-2014 10:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

jays the weather is very mild tonight in Dublin 4. 19 degrees in car at about 4pm and just back from shop in a t shirt and it didn't feel a bit cold. unreal and it nearly November.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Same in Terenure, I was just out in the garden smoking and I could feel the warm breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

And 15 degrees all day tomorrow .

could be mid-teens most days for the next 2 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

16 at 9pm at the end of October. Yep, pretty mild alright!

Worldwide, 2014 is on track to being the warmest year since records began.

Saves on heating bills. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Got up to 18.3c here today ,think thats the warmest temp ive ever recorded for late Oct. Our Autumns are getting to be a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

Dont worry, the cold will come..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its going to be another west to east HP south/LP north set up. There will be no winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

It's snowing on de Nortside

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

of Winnipeg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Very mild up North as well. Like a summer night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's lashing here in Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

during the whole summer i was giving out to people who asked for cold weather... i would welcome it with open arms now, gettin a bit sick of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

16C at 1.35am, 28th October. crazy stuff.
    It's difficult to get those sort of temps at this time of the night even in the height of summer! Most of August struggled to reach 16C during the daytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Video wrote: »
    during the whole summer i was giving out to people who asked for cold weather... i would welcome it with open arms now, gettin a bit sick of it.

It's been raining non stop here in Achill since lunchtime yesterday. I'd cheerfully take any other weather now.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Eh the met office just put a warning out for North East NI. Thought that rainband from scotland was coming south seems the band hitting Southern Ireland is moving North.
    Very confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Overnight low of 14.3c. Mildest August night was 14.7c.

All bar two days in August failed to max over 16.0c... http://www.laoisweather.com/wxnoaaclimatereports.php?yr=2014&mo=08

While August was indeed below average, around 1.5c below this October is currently punching 0.9c above average (10.0c).

With a few chilly nights and coolish days this week I doubt it will go any higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Incredibly mild this morning in Dublin. Looks set to more or less continue being mild for the foreseeable future.

Its great when you think of the heating bill. I stocked up on bales of briquettes and logs over the summer. I wonder if ill use them now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Its great when you think of the heating bill. I stocked up on bales of briquettes and logs over the summer. I wonder if ill use them now

Yes you will :)

There is a Long time between now and March

Yes you will :)

There is a Long time between now and March
    50 bales, 25 bags of logs and 25 bags of turf.

Challenge accepted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

50 bales, 25 bags of logs and 25 bags of turf.

Challenge accepted!

ahhhh, I thought you meant use them at all :~)

still, you will get through a fair amount

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

BBC predicting 18C on Friday in Dublin,if this keeps up plants and trees will start to regrow.

http://m.bbc.com/weather/2964574

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

I found last night to be mid-Summer sticky. It was 16 at midnight. That's above the average August night.

Tonight feels normal but the warmth is back later this week. 15 Thursday night.

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am going to London this weekend. I packed for Winter but looking at the weather for the weekend and it says 18C. I need to repack with a few T-shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mild air certainly a thing of the past here

3.1c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Bit of a shock to the system out there tonight,2c birr :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

pad199207 wrote: »
    Mild air certainly a thing of the past here

3.1c

Dont have exact temps but Sandyford was single digits around 8pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

High teens for Halloween?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Incredibly mild this morning in Dublin. Looks set to more or less continue being mild for the foreseeable future.

Was really mild yesterday but it's Not so mild this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

pad199207 wrote: »
    High teens for Halloween?

The same as every other Halloween so and they cause nothing but trouble around here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ha ha very good

Advertisement