Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you go to the ploughing 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

Delayed start to ploughing (11AM) tomorrow morning due to weather , was on 9 o’clock news just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Ploughing postponed opening to 11am for general public tomorrow

Any chance they could postpone it at 11 if its an Orange warning???

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snowfire

I’m sure admission price will be reduced accordingly..!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I cannot see them reducing price, they are staying open later also,

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Snowfire wrote: »
    I’m sure admission price will be reduced accordingly..!
    No chance, I'm sure Anna has all the money accounted for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

topnotch wrote: »
    Delayed start to ploughing (11AM) tomorrow morning due to weather , was on 9 o’clock news just there.

I bet someone has gone to bed early to be up at some stupid hour in order to be on site at 8am, and missed the announcement..... :rolleyes: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

Not long off the site now,great day had,in the t shirt all day bar the one heavy shower for 15 mins,ground in great condition,came out as clean as I went in and I was in boots..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

Was there today with the brother and father. As part of the ritual we always stop off in cahir for the dinner as it's half way.

Only this time round I was in cahir last week and got a dinner in the same establishment. All the prices of the food were nearly double the previous week with a new menu.

We made our excuses and jogged on. Tis bad enough getting rode by the co-op on a daily basis. It beggers belief, how some business operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭biblio

Well lads the hot tubs are back at the ploughing , here we go again!

What's the weather like over there, are thry right to delay opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

whelan2 wrote: »

Probably. Serious wind here gor past few hours. Must be moving north at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭anthony500_1

Power gone here in w Galway with the last half hour, Wind seems to be picking up and lashing rain. There saying between 8 and 10 in tullamore will be the worst time for wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Looks like over kill to me. Windy here at the moment in East Galway but not dangerous. Maybe with tents etc flying debris. I'd say it will be open before 11. There will be a mad rush otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I hope the lads used strong ropes when they put the tents up..

I was due to go today, but my buddy cried off last night after the news. Probably the right decision, as it could get quite rough later on...I hope its not a washout and that it works out OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

jimmy G M wrote: »
    Looks like over kill to me. Windy here at the moment in East Galway but not dangerous. Maybe with tents etc flying debris. I'd say it will be open before 11. There will be a mad rush otherwise.

Well I do know that a piece of the mchale tv screen broke off and landed on an auld lad. He got a right cut on his head too. Was only about 15ft from it. Have some slap when it hit the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭visatorro

Reggie. wrote:
    Well I do know that a piece of the mchale tv screen broke off and landed on an auld lad. He got a right cut on his head too. Was only about 15ft from it. Have some slap when it hit the ground

What caught your eye below?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It will push a huge crowd into tomorrow, and lots of rain forecast for tomorrow.

I’ve not decided yet but tomorrow could be tough going.

visatorro wrote: »
    What caught your eye below?

A few things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Reggie. wrote: »

Even a Tayto bag flying in that wind would give you a good slap in the eye. I doubt their insurance would be letting them open in a orange status wind alert.
    They should cancel till Saturday and Sunday. The numbers would do well then

Reggie. wrote: »
    A few things

Jaysus don't give anything away

• Advertisement

Jaysus don't give anything away

Neogatations ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bullocks wrote: »

I think they should have but probably very hard to do with traffic plans, staff planning etc.
    It’s such a big event pencilled in for those specific days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

road_high wrote: »
    I think they should have but probably very hard to do with traffic plans, staff planning etc.
    It’s such a big event pencilled in for those specific days.

I'm supposed to be there tomorrow for the stand, I wouldn't be going over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Weather looks terrible so I suppose we'll jump in the Jeep now.

With a later start and fewer crowds there will be pressure on to shift those cattle sticks so there may be bargains to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

I went yesterday. I enjoyed it overall and it was a very well run event. We were in the field at 08:30 and were on our way again at 2. Seen all we wanted to see i suppose. Was in and out of the field in no time. The traffic management was very well planned.

I mainly went to check out Calf slats and bale handlers for the front loader. Torn between the soft hands and the standard bale handler with removable pipes. Both Pro-dig and machale had very good products.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

jimmy G M wrote: »

It’s a good call.
    We’re at 280m elevation and exposed here in Cavan and taking a serious beating at the moment, I’d hate to be anywhere near a marquee that’s for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Bullocks wrote: »

You haven't seen the forecast for Sunday then I take it. Puts today in the ha'penny place if it stays as forecast

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Strong winds with damaging gusts here in Offaly. Power out now about half an hour.
    Dry so far with no overnight rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

They're not letting exhibitors in yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Tree reported to have blocked the Kilbeggan Clara rd. Anyone planning on coming that direction might want to use another way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement