Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London Marathon 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Day 1 in London dusted. Seriously warm in city.

Expo was grand, in early and decided to take that cable car and Thames clipper back into city, only a £10 and easy site seeing!

Shared the cable car with some yanks who it turned out was judge Mitchell the guy behind the Skid Row Marathon documentary that anyone who listens to Martahon Talk will know off. Launching the documentary over here this weekend and will be in Ireland too he says. Very interesting story.

Good luck to everyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Took the cable car and boat back from the city as well. Great distraction for the kid and we could get a drink on the boat. Didn't meet the judge, but did just see a 12 minute long segment covering Skid Row Marathon that he was interviewed for on BBC News 24.

We did spot Martin Yelling in Starbucks as we arrived at the Expo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

OOnegative wrote: »
    Throw up a few bib numbers guys so we can track ye Sunday?
    madrid is where its at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Good luck to everyone tomorrow hopefully the weather doesn’t impact on you too much, you should get some relief as you turn right onto tower bridge, it’s usually a bit of a wind tunnel. It’s mad to think that two years ago they warned us about the possibility of snow and now it’s the severe heat you guys have to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

So how’s everyone approaching tomorrow. Looks like it’ll be 18 on the start line rising to around 21 by 1 o’clock with maybe a bit of rain! What to do!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

neilc wrote: »
    So how’s everyone approaching tomorrow. Looks like it’ll be 18 on the start line rising to around 21 by 1 o’clock with maybe a bit of rain! What to do!!

Same puzzle here. Was hoping for sub 3 attempt but have to factor in past experiences of going for it in hot conditions......it didn’t end well!!!! I’m thinking of going in out at what will be my GFA time for next year which is 3:05, if I’m going well I’ll push on
    Hope those lunch time showers show up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

My bib number is 60858 btw.
    Good luck everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Best of luck everyone.I am extremely jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭plumber77

Best of luck to one and all. Really looking forward to watching later this morning. Enjoy and run smart..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

All the very best everyone..
    All the hard work is done, go and enjoy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Good luck everyone. Looks like a cracking day for it but be careful! Would love to be running it again today.....maybe next year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Keitany and Dibaba are flying. Keitany up on Radcliffe's record schedule.

The men have started at an insane pace! :eek:

I'd say that push from Mo to claw back to that lead pack hurt! Reality check for him on how experienced and strong the elite field for London is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

neilc 22.50 first 5k
    TRR 18.52 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Farah being a bit of a drama queen and setting out his excuses early?

Hurrache wrote:
    Farah being a bit of a drama queen and setting out his excuses early?

Really looks in a panic!!!

sideswipe 22.00 through 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bit of disrespect I thought from the BBC at the start of the race. A 'fun runner' as described by the BBC, briefly took the lead at the start of the men's race. Could have been a top end club runner for all they knew.

As for Mo, maybe the media setting up the excuses already as well, although I do hope he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Really looks in a panic!!!

If he continues like he does I can't see him finish.

TRR 37.25 for 10k

• Advertisement

That "fun runner" was maybe very good, but didn't look like he was taking it all that seriously. Sprinting alongside the elites, crossing over and back and waving wildly at the crowds to make sure he's seen on TV before dropping back. Not sure it was a disrespectful comment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Bit of disrespect I thought from the BBC at the start of the race. A 'fun runner' as described by the BBC, briefly took the lead at the start of the men's race. Could have been a top end club runner for all they knew.

Whoever he was, he was acting the fool

neilc 45.35 10k
    sideswipe 43.56 10k

A real sh!tshow for Farah at the drink stations!!!

TRR 56.11 15k

neilc 1.09.17 15k
    sideswipe 1.06.34 15k

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    A real sh!tshow for Farah at the drink stations!!!

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mint Sauce wrote:
    What happened?

Couldn't find his bottle at the first station. Picked up the wrong one. Similar on another station.

TRR 1.15.05 20k

• Advertisement

TRR 1.19.01 Halfway

Advertisement